Author Topic: Harry's New House Set Up  (Read 11810 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's New House Set Up
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 04:36:39 AM »
I'm not actually sure whether he intended to tell any Wardens claiming jurisdiction to inspect his home for black magic to go pound sand, but if he's not quite willing to burn that bridge, keeping Bonea at home is somewhat risky. Someone might start asking problematic questions about how he came to design a vessel for a spirit of intellect based on Bob's, when they think Bob was destroyed with Kemmler.

On the other hand, he does have to work on teaching her some context and concept of morality, and talking through Lash' knowledge with her. He really needs a contraband hiding solution. Either a convenient Way to the island, or if Lea reestablishes the garden, a way to stash and retrieve things without triggering the centipedes.

He could always get her a "Barbie Mansion" to live in, no one is going to ask questions about that.
I doubt there are going to be many Wardens snooping around the castle.  If Harry is right about the wards and gets them working like the ones on Demonreach, no one uninvited is going to get in.  What is more as a father, living there with his little family the castle will become a real home and the threshold will have serious power against all intruders.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 07:05:48 AM »
I'm not actually sure whether he intended to tell any Wardens claiming jurisdiction to inspect his home for black magic to go pound sand...

I am entirely sure that he will do just that, problably either using more snarky or angry language, depending on the type of day he is having at the time. What is the point of telling someone that they do not have the right to tell you what to do and then let them walk all over your home? His last experience with authorities coming into his home wasnt very good and by the very definition the person asking to look through his house would be an authority figure. If for some reason they tried to use the mortal authorities I guess he can allways hand them a white business card and have Laras lawyers hold them off.

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »
He needs a nice, big, round table for meetings with whatever new group he's going to throw together because... uhh... references, I guess.  ;D 8) ;) ::)
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 07:57:26 AM »
I am entirely sure that he will do just that, problably either using more snarky or angry language, depending on the type of day he is having at the time. What is the point of telling someone that they do not have the right to tell you what to do and then let them walk all over your home? His last experience with authorities coming into his home wasnt very good and by the very definition the person asking to look through his house would be an authority figure. If for some reason they tried to use the mortal authorities I guess he can allways hand them a white business card and have Laras lawyers hold them off.
Depends who they send and how they act. Giving them lunch and be diplomatic might be a smarter approach, he might learn something.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 09:50:32 AM »
He needs a nice, big, round table for meetings with whatever new group he's going to throw together because... uhh... references, I guess.  ;D 8) ;) ::)

On that basis he needs a bloody huge stone and anvil to sit in reception with the Sword of Love stuck in it with the inscription “ Whoso Pulleth Out the Sword of the Stone and Anvil, is Rightwise Baron Born of All Chicago.”

Think how much that will annoy Marcone, who of course is the one person who can’t pull it out now in Chicago.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »
On that basis he needs a bloody huge stone and anvil to sit in reception with the Sword of Love stuck in it with the inscription “ Whoso Pulleth Out the Sword of the Stone and Anvil, is Rightwise Baron Born of All Chicago.”

Think how much that will annoy Marcone, who of course is the one person who can’t pull it out now in Chicago.

Yeah, but I think that Uriel, Michael, Sanya, and Butters would all haul him off to the wood shed if he did that... 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »
Yeah, but I think that Uriel, Michael, Sanya, and Butters would all haul him off to the wood shed if he did that...
Sure that is why he just uses a fake. It will make the point as well.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 02:08:56 PM »
Sure that is why he just uses a fake. It will make the point as well.

Only if he includes a mock up of Merlin from Disney's cartoon, "The Sword In The Stone."

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »
Only if he includes a mock up of Merlin from Disney's cartoon, "The Sword In The Stone."
Then he should give guided tours to visiting wardens.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »

Quite aside from whether it's a good idea to send Langtry ammunition to invoke the death sentence, it's probably a smarter political move to welcome Wardens to visit the castle and see the positive he's trying to build it into for the community and the paranet. Publicly and openly doing good drives a little bit of doubt between everyone who visits and sees he's not doing bad guy things and the Merlin.

It does kind of depend whether the inspection duties fall to a fireteam of randoms he's passingly acquainted with or someone more familiar. But deliberate openness might be a step toward changing Ramirez's mind, which he's going to have to do if he wants to get off the track towards eventually throwing down with him. And the fact that the Council at large still doesn't seem to know about Thomas suggests Luccio is still keeping that secret - if she shows up to carry out inspection orders personally, she deserves better than hostility just for that.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2020, 03:51:49 PM »
Then he should give guided tours to visiting wardens.

With free floating "Mouse" balloons with every tour, and if they they want to donate to Maggie's college found, a mechanical Mister chasing a ball of yarn.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »

I kind of love this idea.
Quite aside from whether it's a good idea to send Langtry ammunition to invoke the death sentence, it's probably a smarter political move to welcome Wardens to visit the castle and see the positive he's trying to build it into for the community and the paranet.
When has Harry ever done the "smarter political move," though? I suppose that could theoretically be chalked up to Lara showing him how to properly diplomance ... which would be funny in and of itself, with Harry using lessons from her to show the WCncl that he's totally above board ... which would only make certain members of the WCncl that's further suborned by Lara because the Harry they know would never be this diplomatic! ;D
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2020, 05:03:36 PM »
Harry can be diplomatic if he really sees a reason to try hard. Most of the time he forgets.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2020, 05:20:25 PM »
When has Harry ever done the "smarter political move," though?

That entire diplomatic scene at the end of the last book where he laid the groundwork for maybe averting supe/vanilla war, and acquired the castle?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2020, 05:23:12 PM »
It is clear that the Sword has been given to Harry to do as he wishes, and the Sword in the Stone myth does actually reinforce the “powered by an Angel” theory Harry has been putting forth. The angel decides whether someone is worthy or not.

It would certainly rub salt into Marcone’s wounds about losing Camelot, as well as rub Langtrey’s face in it that he is living in the real Merlin’s castle, with Excalibur just like the real Merlin.