Author Topic: Who really killed ... BG spoilers!!!!  (Read 21879 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Who really killed ... BG spoilers!!!!
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »
Oh what a clever way to insult me and yet offer know explanation for what it means to you at the same time.
You just insulted everyone who is using the common understanding of the term.

Mmm I wouldn't know because people keep using the information at their fingertips but not using their own understanding to explain 🤷‍♂️ information, knowledge and understanding, three totally different things yes?
It's extremely common to grab the dictionary definition of a word one is familiar with rather than coming up with "their own understanding" on the spot because the dictionary definition is derived from the common understanding. It shouldn't be surprising that most people would then be inclined to site the dictionary. It matches most people's understanding.

Nobody thinks that muscle memory means memory stored in muscles. You insist the words mean this. That implies that everyone is using the term incorrectly. They're not. Muscle memory is just a descriptor for the particular effect training/learning/practicing a physical action enough that it becomes something someone does without thinking about it as part of an overall action.

If you have a problem with a phrase because you think it misleads the hoi polloi or it's just one of those things that drive's subject matter experts up the wall because it's an oversimplification or 3 degrees off true, that's fine. Just don't run everyone down for using it.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2020, 09:58:23 PM »
It doesn't, it's the specific definition. And that's my point. It does NOT make people's general understanding of every word. I never said it means muscles store memory, that's something you inferred wrongly. I'm not putting anyone down. I'm standing on a hill and people keep approaching thinking I'll leave, because they're also misunderstanding what i said too. In one of the very first posts on the subject I pointed out rudy wasn't using muscle memory. But it's that muscle memory is often misinterpreted that people chose to see here...

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2020, 12:11:16 AM »
Call it whatever suits you.  Muscle without nerves is just tissue. And all of happens out of conscious control.  In a relaxed hand the finger tends to curl, and when gripping something with your hands it is very difficult not to curl the fingers. And when holding a gun it is very easy to curl a finger over the trigger without thinking.  Teaching a user to not do that is called training. Being mindful of the issue. This is called trigger discipline.  The only real question is why that fool hadn't shot somebody prior to that point. No dark god would use him for anything.  He could spoil a wet dream.

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2020, 12:45:25 AM »
Please, everyone, calm down are go re-read the Forum Policies. https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/board,50.0.html

You have all agreed to these policies by becoming a member of this forum.

Stop now, and just go have a cuppa and especially read of the Rules and Precepts and the Book of Don't.

Remember, we are all sitting in Griffyn612's living room here.

Be good to each other.

Blaze

as Mod.

Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2020, 07:21:41 PM »
My apologies if I came off hostile or demeaning to anyone... It's not been a good few days for me.. (check the chronic pain section for why)