Poll

Who would you like to see Harry married to?

Mab
4 (12.1%)
Molly
7 (21.2%)
Lara
8 (24.2%)
Elaine
4 (12.1%)
Sarrisa
0 (0%)
Nobody He's got the Kirk Curse
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 17, 2020, 01:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Who should Harry marry  (Read 18140 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Who should Harry marry
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2020, 10:33:10 PM »
Looks like it's coming down to Lara or nobody right now.
Or Lara and somebody. Butters started a trend and Lara won’t mind.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 12:11:23 AM »
If Harry doesn't die, he certainly can't die alone....

I voted for Elaine. 

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 01:08:26 AM »
Or Lara and somebody. Butters started a trend and Lara won’t mind.
Well, Freydis is just hanging around...
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2020, 01:33:46 AM »
Looks like it's coming down to Lara or nobody right now.

And in the actual books, Jim will write what he wants and it will be Molly coming out on top in the end 8)
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2020, 02:57:42 AM »
And in the actual books, Jim will write what he wants and it will be Molly coming out on top in the end 8)

Molly deserves better!

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2020, 12:06:40 PM »
Molly deserves better!

Your right, Molly does deserve better than to be stuck in Winter not able to be with the man she loves. That's why a relationship between Harry and Molly will start to happen soon and love that blossoms between them will break her free. ;D

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »
Your right, Molly does deserve better than to be stuck in Winter not able to be with the man she loves. That's why a relationship between Harry and Molly will start to happen soon and love that blossoms between them will break her free. ;D

I think I threw up in my mouth a bit there but got a chuckle out of it anyway. :)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
I think I threw up in my mouth a bit there but got a chuckle out of it anyway. :)

Yeah, that was a bit smarmy.

I am serious though about a relationship between them would set her free. If you see how Jim has set things up for paths to go down, and add in WOJ's, he has set it up that a relationship between them would force Mab's hand in regards to her hold on both of them. Molly only knows that laying with a man would set the mantle on protection mode. But Jim had just said something about trust and overriding it.

And try as you might to stop the idea of
a relationship between them happening, it's set up in the story to happen. All Jim has to do is put it in motion. He's already blown up one ship, the SS Molly/Carlos, and sank the SS Harry/Murphy. And with 8 books left, it's plenty of time to sink the SS Harry/Lara, set sail the SS Harry/Molly, sink that (even though I don't want that to happen), and set sail another ship, for it to end at the end with Harry's death.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »
of
a relationship between them happening, it's set up in the story to happen. All Jim has to do is put it in motion. He's already blown up one ship, the SS Molly/Carlos, and sank the SS Harry/Murphy. And with 8 books left, it's plenty of time to sink the SS Harry/Lara, set sail the SS Harry/Molly, sink that (even though I don't want that to happen), and set sail another ship, for it to end at the end with Harry's death.

Hmmm, eight books, well, we only have to wait sixteen to forty-eight years to find out how it all turns out...

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »
And try as you might to stop the idea of
a relationship between them happening, ...

Having previously stated that this is JB's world and JB can play it anyway he wants as well as saying variety in opinions and discussion make life more interesting, I'm not trying to stop anything. If JB wants to present the path that is so glaringly obvious that it border on cliché he is welcome to do so just as some are welcome to praise it and other are welcome to pan it. My reasons for saying Molly deserves better would be a rant so long readers would dose off trying to get through it (much like I did when reading parts of BG).

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2020, 05:24:15 PM »
Hey, I get it. Harry has c***blocked himself from her for so long that it's ridiculous. It makes you wonder why or realize how much Molly cares for and loves Harry.

The Harry/Murphy will they/won't they dance went on too long, then ended just as it really started to get off the ground. We got one book total of them together then she died.

So the torch Molly is holding for Harry is pretty big to burn this long. And if it has burned this long, it's gonna have to be something big or extravagant for the payoff to make it worthwhile  for the reader. It can be done. Some books and TV shows have done this trope and it comes out fine if not good or great. Though I don't know if one has gone on this long

Offline ElJefe81

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2020, 09:05:43 PM »
Hmmm, eight books, well, we only have to wait sixteen to forty-eight years to find out how it all turns out...

Lol.  It will be interesting to see how his pace is now that he's got his own place again to write.  Also whether he alternates back and forth between Dresden and CS after the next CS book.  If he does that, he'd more or less wrap up CS in time to then focus on BAT.  At least prior to PT/BG he was pretty good for a book a year, so there's hope!

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 01:41:47 AM »
Hey, I get it. Harry has c***blocked himself from her for so long that it's ridiculous. It makes you wonder why or realize how much Molly cares for and loves Harry.

The Harry/Murphy will they/won't they dance went on too long, then ended just as it really started to get off the ground. We got one book total of them together then she died.

So the torch Molly is holding for Harry is pretty big to burn this long. And if it has burned this long, it's gonna have to be something big or extravagant for the payoff to make it worthwhile  for the reader. It can be done. Some books and TV shows have done this trope and it comes out fine if not good or great. Though I don't know if one has gone on this long

Maybe LotR but they both had moved on before deciding they wanted to be together. Would still probably count as the same but I don't remember how long they were apart and they had gotten together before splitting.

Offline Doughnut Despot

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 01:54:39 AM »
IMO, on Mab's sudden alliance marriage:

1. Mab is scared of a breakdown between her court and the white court due to Thomas being removed from the picture. She is also concerned Murphy's death may affect her winter knight in ways that make him even harder to control, and incorrectly guesses any woman will do as a replacement (Fairy thinking).

2. She is POed about how the Council has treated her knight, who is *hers* and is likely lashing out at them also.

3. She's also up to something, and I think she doesn't really think this alliance will go through as a marriage, but might be trying to get Dresden and Molly to work out their unresolved feelings. I think she's trying to give Harry a bodyguard not only due to the council threat toward him, but due some upcoming events where a super-powered girlfriend would be able to keep up and survive.

4. In the short story int he back, it looks like Mab watched Disney's Frozen with Molly, so I think we know where the sudden marriage idea is coming from there.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:57:52 AM by Doughnut Despot »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 02:08:58 AM »
That was Sarissa. Mab still has her evenings out with Sarissa apparently so in that one Maeve failed again.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]