Author Topic: Nemesxorcism (and keeping him out!) [BG Spoilers]  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Nemesxorcism (and keeping him out!) [BG Spoilers]
« on: October 09, 2020, 04:13:48 PM »
Outside of Thomas taking up Amoracchius and using it to somehow remove Nemesis from Justine, what other method might be available?

I was thinking about a piece of the Wall to be used as a foci/ritual object. Presumably it's an anathema to them, or they'd storm the Wall rather than the Gate.  Maybe it could help get Nemesis out?  And possibly help keep him out after-the-fact?  Would shaving off a little bit of the inner Wall be worth making charms for Harry's closest allies to keep them free from Nemfection?

Offline magical_liopleurodon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Nemesxorcism (and keeping him out!) [BG Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »
Outside of Thomas taking up Amoracchius and using it to somehow remove Nemesis from Justine, what other method might be available?

I was thinking about a piece of the Wall to be used as a foci/ritual object. Presumably it's an anathema to them, or they'd storm the Wall rather than the Gate.  Maybe it could help get Nemesis out?  And possibly help keep him out after-the-fact?  Would shaving off a little bit of the inner Wall be worth making charms for Harry's closest allies to keep them free from Nemfection?

They always play up how Harry's specialty is thaumaturgy. He'll do a spell which gets rid of Nemesis everywhere

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 05:42:28 PM »

Thomas appeals to her, Justine, his love for her, her love for him, their love for their baby.  She then kicks Nemesis out of her head.  Yeah, I know it will be more complicated than that, but if her will and love are strong enough, I think she can do it.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 05:48:29 PM »
Mab has a private clinic specialized in these things. Might be expensive.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 05:53:20 PM »

Thomas appeals to her, Justine, his love for her, her love for him, their love for their baby.  She then kicks Nemesis out of her head.  Yeah, I know it will be more complicated than that, but if her will and love are strong enough, I think she can do it.
In some sense, she must be able to, because free will.

In another sense, it makes starborn kind of meh, if some random punk can expel a big outsider just by wanting it hard enough.

So I feel that, while it plays a role, there must be more to it. Maybe Harry can use his bond of blood to aid the process for junior, then ritually cleanse Justine too.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 07:36:48 PM »
We have a WoJ that I will use here
(click to show/hide)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)