Author Topic: Mab Theory [Peace Talks and Battle Ground spoilers]  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Professor Q

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Mab Theory [Peace Talks and Battle Ground spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2020, 11:18:48 PM »
So, by now we know that Mab was linked to Merlin, and that she loved him. It probably means, following the Arthurian legends, that she was Niniane/Viviane when she was a mortal, and that she is somehow responsible for Merlin's death/imprisonment in Demonreach.

On the Bayeux Tapestry there is a famously mysterious scene of a cloaked man touching (slapping?) a woman. The scene is titled "where a certain cleric and Ælfgyva." The name Ælfgyva means elf-gift. When Corb was taunting Mab about Merlin turning her away, my first thought was that in the Dresdenverse this scene is a depiction of Merlin casting out Mab.

Offline Pirate101

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »
I didn't think anyone assumed it was true that Harry is an ancestor Merlin. Just that there's enough there for it to be predicted. I go the extra step and say that Merlin was Odin's son. I don't claim it's true. I just think it would make Chichen Itza make even more sense. That curse was way overpowered if Eb was the ultimate target. That curse killed gods.
Well, Odin's called the Allfather for a reason, of course he hates bloodline curses.  ;)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 03:13:19 PM »
Of course the curse was overkill but overkill but of course Murphy’s law is not just for simple mortals:

Against anything human, more than one round to the head would be overkill: When the merely mortal goes up against the supernatural, there’s no such thing as overkill.

But there is a more important reason. The whole exercise had more functions than just kill a bunch of enemies. It was a show of power. It had to be not just sufficient but awe inspiring.

It was a bonding experience. A big party and the sacrifices were part of the fun. That is what people used to do at parties, they sacrificed creatures to eat.

And bringing in loads of sacrifices showed that the red king was a good provider. A wealthy and generous king. The right king for the red court.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]