Author Topic: Sudden Realization After BG Re: The Castle  (Read 2615 times)

Offline riff.freelance

• Participant
    • View Profile
Sudden Realization After BG Re: The Castle
« on: October 04, 2020, 09:15:49 PM »
So, given her perspective on time, what do you think the odds are on Leanansidhe's Garden still being where we last saw it? How hard would it be for Lea to make a simple path to Demonreach? Could this be even easier than we expected? Just a thought. Call it a WAG if you want, but it's just a musing at this point.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden Realization After BG Re: The Castle
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »
I don't think we have any way of knowing until we're told.  We've heard that the nature of a place determines what's on the other side in the never-never.  The nature of the place changed A LOT for several years, so you'd think the other side would as well. But maybe lea anchored it in such a way that it remained in place, or maybe it would have taken longer to change.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »

I think the castle takes the whole area where the boarding house was and more.  However the garden might be moved to the roof. Or since there is a huge hole in the roof and they are thinking of putting in a sky light anyway, the huge "throne room" could become the garden.  Now I realize Lea's garden is in the Nevernever, so chances are it is where it was..

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 08:17:43 AM »
Harry already has Apartments in Arctis Tor, so it is more likely he will get a route into those via the garden rather than  Demonreach. Otherwise he may have to prevail upon Lea to modify her garden, say have a pond with an island and a ruined lighthouse folly to create a link to Demonreach

One would shudder though at the thought of what Lea would stock the pond with, starting with flying fish/ piranha hybrids up

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 07:22:42 PM »
With how badass the region adjacent to the island has been described, I think even Lea might be out of her depth to start modifying the geography to give Harry a convenient Way between the island and the castle and / or Arctis Tor.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
I think any way to Demonreach would open up near the Outer Gates probably on the outside near them. It would explain how Rashid knows a way and could get there quickly. in TC.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 12:58:41 AM »
With how badass the region adjacent to the island has been described, I think even Lea might be out of her depth to start modifying the geography to give Harry a convenient Way between the island and the castle and / or Arctis Tor.

I'm thinking that the NeverNever connected to Demonreach is more like Hell (not Hades vault hell either)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 02:13:19 AM »
I'm thinking that the NeverNever connected to Demonreach is more like Hell (not Hades vault hell either)

I don't know ... Nicodemus taunting Harry over what lives on the other side when he was considering gating out to escape the trap in SmF doesn't seem like something he'd pull if Harry was about to get himself and Ivy captured by Hell.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 03:40:40 AM »
I don't know ... Nicodemus taunting Harry over what lives on the other side when he was considering gating out to escape the trap in SmF doesn't seem like something he'd pull if Harry was about to get himself and Ivy captured by Hell.

Only JB knows the answer to that one.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »
Demonreach probably connects to Tartarus.

In Greek mythology, Tartarus (/ˈtɑːrtərəs/; Ancient Greek: Τάρταρος, Tártaros) is the deep abyss that is used as a dungeon of torment and suffering for the wicked and as the prison for the Titans.

If it didn’t match before, Harry has done everything he can to make sure it does now, personally inprisoning his very own Titan. We know every Prisoner gets to feel the suffering it has inflicted on others. This means there is a route from Hades vault in Marcone’s Bank, to The Vault in the Hades Realm to a short walk into Tartarus to Demonreach. All the parallels Hades drew with Harry in SG would suggest that this likely.

Winter needs to get a vault in Marcone’s bank.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 07:39:11 PM »
Demonreach, like most places, probably links up to a bunch of different places in the Nevernever. Both Hell and Tartarus/Hades seem likely.