Author Topic: ideas for a character  (Read 2198 times)

Offline butwhat about dragons

• Lurker
    • View Profile
ideas for a character
« on: October 06, 2020, 10:14:05 AM »
so i have just been invited to join an Dresden files game taking place after the events of battle grounds where the players play a bunch of minor supernatural players banding together to try to gain some power and control in Brisbane Australia and i was plaing on playing the grandson of Prometheus my main question is this  since the only titan we have seen seemed to  be almost the embodiment of hate does it conflict with the established  canon to have Prometheus be a force of primal creation and how would I reflect a small portion of this inherited power in the game  like is there a way to skin a form of magic or another power  to reflect that   ( this is using the original  three books)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 10:06:44 AM by butwhat about dragons »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: ideas for a character
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 08:31:17 AM »
I think it should be fine. Titans probably vary from individual to individual, and even if JB doesn't go that way it doesn't really affect you much.

I'm not quite sure what you're hoping to accomplish power-wise, but the system can handle most concepts pretty cleanly. What do you want to be able to do?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 10:46:19 AM »
I agree with Sanctaphrax

Mm, you could give the grandsome some titanic bronze armor (I'd suggest not a full one, because that would make him too powerful, but perhaps some parts of the body). Besides that, I think it is interesting to play with auras, like...people become more creative but also more chaotic around him, so you can't have militia but you can have hordes around him.  Also, Prometheus is a friend of humans, so why not doing something like his presence makes humans stronger and supernatural beings weaker, thus reducing the differences between mortals and supernatural ones?. Of course, you can make that power as strong as you need, and play with the range of effect according to your needs.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline butwhat about dragons

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »
the idea of the aura sounds cool  that sort of thing might work great for an aspect as for the power level we are starting with 10 points
so i was think taking the aura as two point power that gives can be invoked to give an aspect with two free tags and taking supernatural toughness  with a catch of weakened will  for 4 points and a supernatural recovery power with catch of eltriclty (common catch) i am aware this is kind of weak for the grand son of a titan but fluff wise he has just started  healed after surviving  a fight with Zeus a couple of hundred years back and isn't at full power 

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 01:24:20 AM »
As GM, I'd be inclined to give you titanic armour as a cost of zero!

WTF you go? Think about what it means; your self-image makes you harder to hurt, but damage to that self-image hurts you.
So in game terms, all it would mean is that instead of taking Physical consequences, you would take Mental consequences - and they are harder to heal.
Sure, the armour should also count as armour, but you don't have to pay for kevlar.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.