Author Topic: Harry following in his mothers footsteps (BG Spoilers)  (Read 2973 times)

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Harry following in his mothers footsteps (BG Spoilers)
« on: October 05, 2020, 09:24:23 PM »
I think it is interesting that Margeret tried to reform the council and the way wizards were allowed to work and now Harry has taken it one step further by just outright being a wizard independent of the council who is not going to follow their rules.

Do you think Elaine is going to join him? Any other wizards?

Do you think he will write a new "laws of magic"?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry following in his mothers footsteps (BG Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 12:03:57 AM »
I think this is an excellent opportunity for Jim to bring Elaine back into the story.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 04:16:26 AM »
Seems likely.  Maggie LeFay clearly saw -- as we all do -- that many of the Laws of Magic are utter BS.  She may well have attempted and failed at what Harry will succeed.  Creating a rival/better council. 

We've seen practically every nation and being consider the White Council to be arrogant and essentially delusional.  Part of that arrogance and delusion is their ignoring of minor talents, instead of putting them to good use. 

Harry is going to focus on the "have nots" of the magical world, with a few other more powerful people, in the same way that he took Toot and his friends and made them into a very useful force. 

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 04:57:31 AM »
I think this is an excellent opportunity for Jim to bring Elaine back into the story.
Especially since the Paranet is basically her thing at this point what with the years of her running it sans Dresden.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 07:04:45 PM »
Especially since the Paranet is basically her thing at this point what with the years of her running it sans Dresden.
I think the important thing about the Paranet is that no one runs it. It's a community or, perhaps, a community of communities. Obviously, who runs the Paranet is just speculation on my part.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 10:45:58 PM »
The Paranet in Chicago will have got some notice due to the warding of their safe houses, no one in the supernatural world is given any respect until they have made their bones against one of the established powers.

The Paranet can also claim Harry and the Alphas.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 12:05:45 AM »
I think the important thing about the Paranet is that no one runs it. It's a community or, perhaps, a community of communities. Obviously, who runs the Paranet is just speculation on my part.
Are you going to do any more work with characters from the Paranet?
Yes, and no.  There will be some that factor in, and Elaine is kind of the executive president of the Paranet.  So she’ll be involved.
As the only other heavyweight in the Paranet tent and one of the two founders she's got a role.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 05:43:41 PM »
Elaine would have to declare herself the Wizard of Los Angeles, she wasn’t involved in the Fomor war and hasn’t technically earn’t her bones. Yet.

Given Harry publicly being the Wizard of Chicago, the fact that Elaine also advertises as ‘wizard’ in the phone book means she is on a collision course with the White Council. They would look weak if two people defy them, and of course they would pick on the ‘weaker’ first. Expect Carlos to have his ass handed to him.

One of the reasons why Harry’s death sentence is suspended is that everyone is afraid or unwilling to take him on, and this was before the Red Court and Ethnui, so they intend to use the Blackstaff, recovering from injuries (the cowards) as  Luccio is powered down and Harry’s former paramour, and Morgan is dead, leaving Eb. This won’t stop them moving on Elaine who they think is much less powerful than she actually is. The fact she bamboozled Carlos suggests (1) she is more powerful, (2) she is more subtle and (3) she used Carlos weaknesses against him. They think they can use Carlos against Elaine.

Offline count_espire

• Participant
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 06:10:28 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if not only Elaine came back into the mix, but if the underground warlocks all come out (who haven't committed unjustified murder) to have Harry's back in whatever dust up comes about with the White council.

Now here's a different train of thought.  Harry is now promised to Lara....Could it be that Margaret LeFay was promised to Lord Raith in the same way?  Thinking on it, Margaret could have uncovered the white council secrets, was outcasted, and ran to Mab for assistance.  Raith could have loved her the way Tomas loves Justine, but it was not returned as she loved a mortal, hence the entropy curse.  I've only thought about this due to the back and forth between McCoy and Mab on top of the mini castle. 

Maybe Harry is following more in his mother's footsteps then we know.
Edmond Dantes:  Never forget that until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words, -- `Wait and hope.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 06:15:45 PM »
From what we've seen of Raith, he didn't strike me as that type. He came across as the worst kind of monster who got what he deserved...
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 08:03:16 PM »
As the only other heavyweight in the Paranet tent and one of the two founders she's got a role.
Where's that quote from. I missed it.

I agree with Rigil Kent on Papa Raith's capacity for love.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 07:55:42 AM »
Where's that quote from. I missed it.

I agree with Rigil Kent on Papa Raith's capacity for love.
The 2011 Naperville Signing

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 04:24:12 PM »
Thanks. I must have missed that one.