Author Topic: Mama Murphy  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Mama Murphy
« on: October 05, 2020, 05:44:38 AM »
Does anyone else feel like we're missing a scene at the end of BG where Harry has a chat with mama Murphy? Maybe at the funeral, or going to her house to tell her what happened to her daughter?
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mama Murphy
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 06:04:21 AM »
Does anyone else feel like we're missing a scene at the end of BG where Harry has a chat with mama Murphy? Maybe at the funeral, or going to her house to tell her what happened to her daughter?

That might be for a short story.  I can see Bradley and or Rawlings going to her house, I don't think she'd understand Harry doing it.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 06:28:52 PM »
Father Forthill.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 06:40:47 PM »
Yes. I'm missing several scenes. Mama Murphy at the funeral for example. The whole Murphy clan.
Harry might have been afraid to inform them yet, but there was not even one name drop in his thoughts.
I don't think she'd understand Harry doing it.
Why not? She certainly noticed Harry eyeing her daughter years ago in Blood Rites. She must have known they were together. And she knew about her husband's job with the Black Cats, SI's predecessor, and Karrin's job in SI, and that she and Harry were working together. I'm guessing, she shouldn't be too surprised, if Harry came to her.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 06:56:25 PM »
Yes. I'm missing several scenes. Mama Murphy at the funeral for example. The whole Murphy clan.
Harry might have been afraid to inform them yet, but there was not even one name drop in his thoughts.Why not? She certainly noticed Harry eyeing her daughter years ago in Blood Rites. She must have known they were together. And she knew about her husband's job with the Black Cats, SI's predecessor, and Karrin's job in SI, and that she and Harry were working together. I'm guessing, she shouldn't be too surprised, if Harry came to her.

They might not have been able to contact her yet, I think it depends on how good the current communications are.  Also they may not be allowing anyone out of the city yet.

Why not? She certainly noticed Harry eyeing her daughter years ago in Blood Rites. She must have known they were together. And she knew about her husband's job with the Black Cats, SI's predecessor, and Karrin's job in SI, and that she and Harry were working together. I'm guessing, she shouldn't be too surprised, if Harry came to her.

That was a number of years ago though.  Actually I think Rawlings since he knew her father, actually had a pet name for her that he still used, would be best.  Maybe with Father Forthill, though I imagine he is pretty busy.  So my vote goes to Rawlings, he could tell her about Harry and Murphy and if she'd like to talk to him about details.