Author Topic: Now Listen here, all you theorists... [Battle Ground Spoilers]  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Now Listen here, all you theorists... [Battle Ground Spoilers]
« on: October 05, 2020, 06:01:13 PM »
In Ghost Story, Listen works for Cantrev Omogh of the Fomor. The Cantrev is in charge of the Chicago region for them.  Listen seems willing to sacrifice himself for Omogh, and is very subservient to the cause.

In Battle Ground, Listen is a Captain in Corb's army who admits to scouting the region for years.  He's all but talking shit to Corb, Omogh's superior, and is chummy with Ethniu.

So what do we think about Listen?  Who's he really working for?  Is Omogh real?  Is he now in trouble with Corb now that Ethniu lost? 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Now Listen here, all you theorists... [Battle Ground Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »
He might be deceased already. I don't remember the names, was Omogh the one who who Etri capped in Bombshells after Molly spoiled his treachery?

Offline Darkest-Before-Dawn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 08:30:31 PM »
He might be deceased already. I don't remember the names, was Omogh the one who who Etri capped in Bombshells after Molly spoiled his treachery?

Just did a very quick scan of Bombshells and I don't think the Fomor lord there is ever named. Molly just refers to him as "Lord Froggy" throughout and there are just general mentions of The Fomor. Interestingly Listen here seems to be quite keen on obeying "The Empress" rather than his direct superior and he argues that making the bomb would go against The Empresses plans to the chagrin of Froggy.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 08:33:56 PM »
In Ghost Story, Listen works for Cantrev Omogh of the Fomor. The Cantrev is in charge of the Chicago region for them.  Listen seems willing to sacrifice himself for Omogh, and is very subservient to the cause.

In Battle Ground, Listen is a Captain in Corb's army who admits to scouting the region for years.  He's all but talking shit to Corb, Omogh's superior, and is chummy with Ethniu.

So what do we think about Listen?  Who's he really working for?  Is Omogh real?  Is he now in trouble with Corb now that Ethniu lost?
Who knows, I liked the theory that he knew about Grimalkin before he said anything and decided to put on the show of a disgruntled employee before he called out Grimalkin and deliberately flubbed the Carpenter job just in case he needed to go looking for a new employer after Battle Ground.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.