Author Topic: Apocalypse is a state of mind...  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Apocalypse is a state of mind...
« on: October 03, 2020, 08:10:42 AM »
We've heard this statement from two places now. The first was Nick, and the second was He Who Walks Beside(Still laughing because I won that bet from seven years ago :D). I find this very interesting/troubling. To this point, we have been lead to believe(by implication) that Nick was fighting the Outsiders. There was that whole "It's funny that you are the only one I can talk to about this facet of family business" conversation in Small Favor where he freaks out in a big way after finding out that one of his coin palls was involved in the attack on Arctis Tor. Then there was the "We're fighting to save the world" comment from his darling daughter and mistress of the bladed hair.

Other tidbits of info we know are that angels can't be Nemfected/Besidefected. Whether this includes Fallen angels or not, we don't know. But, without anything saying otherwise... I'd say it's a safe bet that it was Nam's host who was compromised. Not Nam himself. Granted, this bit is pure speculation. So, take it or leave it. The thing I'm more concerned with is why Mab is working with Namshiel. Given their... history... Skin Game becomes quite confusing.

In short, I'm not sure which Denarians are the "good guys" anymore. Yes, none of them really count. I'm well aware of that. But... It makes me wonder about whether Nick was Nemfected or not.

What is going on in the ranks of the Knights of the Ancient, Cursed Pocket Change?
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse is a state of mind...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 09:15:02 AM »
One possibility is that we are talking about two different apocalypses. One to make this reality in an unlivable hell and the other to make it into an unreal chaos. Pick your place.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »
Yeah. That line gave me cold chills. I had to go back and check. The wording is too close to be a coincidence.

It definitely makes me question Nicodemus is trying to save the world. After all, Aurora believed the same thing.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 11:06:05 AM »
Maybe we even get three. We get a big apocalyptic triology after all.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 06:24:32 PM »
Other tidbits of info we know are that angels can't be Nemfected/Besidefected. Whether this includes Fallen angels or not, we don't know.
Supposedly Jim said the Fallen can be infected but there isn't much of a point because they don't have any free will to work with in one of the recent Q&A's/interviews.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 06:49:19 PM »
Supposedly Jim said the Fallen can be infected but there isn't much of a point because they don't have any free will to work with in one of the recent Q&A's/interviews.
which one if I may ask?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 07:16:05 PM »
I think it was the Barnes & Noble one. It's one of the ones I haven't/can't see. I think Barnes & Noble took it down.