Author Topic: Muskogee Chat  (Read 1644 times)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Muskogee Chat
« on: October 03, 2020, 12:30:06 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/MuskogeePublicLibrary/videos/336641817608014

And yet another interview came out recently, all that's left now is tracking down a video of the Mysterious Galaxy one. I decided to jot down some notes on the ones that I found interesting.

• The one powering the circle in Small Favour was probably a subsidiary instead of Lucifer himself.
  • The thing about being a necromancer is that you can make your own friends. Sounds like Darkhallow Harry would have been fully independent besides a more goth Molly. Would have been a lot of conflict with Odin as a result of this choice.
  • He wouldn't be friends with Nicodemus no matter what even if Changes went with Lasciel.
  • Harry probably should get a round table for the castle, it'd really mess with the Merlin. The idea is in Jim's head now.
  • Jim refused to answer a question about Nemesis' limits on possession/infection.
  • Ferrovax's dragon form is going to appear because why tease that idea without showing it?
  • Mister and Bonea are at the Carpenters for all of Battle Ground.
  • Currently looking like it'll be 22 case files + BAT
  • Morgan might get more stories later so he won't answer about Morgan and Archangel and another repetition of how Harry's view of Morgan was skewed. The Archangel guys were the kind of guys that sparred at full speed and Morgan was in with them.
  • Where the WC got the blackstaff will come up so no more details in interviews.
  • The Forest People are massive introverts who thought that Victorian clothing was the regular clothing. When it came to picking their representative it was basically a wave of "not it!"s until River Shoulders was the only one left. Since they're close to nature so they don't change much compared to humans.
  • The clashing with Odin in the darkhallow version of Changes would be because bringing useful people back from the dead would be getting awful close to stepping on Odin's toes. And of course he'd be fighting the White Council all the time in this version of things.
  • Potions went away because Jim was sick of writing the potion making scenes.
  • He says something **** teleport yet when talking about the dragon book.
  • The most dangerous thing in Demonreach is kind of a tossup (some are more longterm awful some are immediate awful). The examples used are a thing that eats people then divides into two which goes on to eat two more people and become four as a potential world killer and something that makes everybody sad enough that they stop eating. More info about the prisoners to come in later books.
  • All the water dragons ended up in Asia mostly.
  • We'll probably see more Kincaid before very long.
  • There's the vengeance mission coming so Drakul will appear again before the BAT.
  • Might not be any Jade Court shown at all in Dresden since they get by thanks to staying at home.
  • Einherjar don't usually get a choice but Odin has to make a deal if they've got a claim from someone else.
  • Jim finds it hilarious that some of his stuff is being used for college lit classes.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Muskogee Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 02:40:21 AM »
  • Currently looking like it'll be 22 case files + BAT
So what you're saying is, one book every two years for the casefiles and then one book every year between 2032-2034, to have the last book of the BAT released on October 31st.

The latter is doable. No pressure. Let's all meet back here for the party.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 02:59:25 AM »
So what you're saying is, one book every two years for the casefiles and then one book every year between 2032-2034, to have the last book of the BAT released on October 31st.

Hope I live to read it...  But if he goes back to a book every six years.. Well..

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 03:50:39 AM »

And reminisce about the innocent days of 2020? Sure, why not.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 02:32:31 PM »
And reminisce about the innocent days of 2020? Sure, why not.
Assuming the real world doesn't descend into its own BAT, yeah, exactly.