Author Topic: [Battle Ground SPOILERS] Mirror Mirror WAG or not? [SPOILERS BG]  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
So, I have finished the book. What kind of surprised me (though I thought something like this might happen one day, but was surprised that it happened so soon) was the marriage thing with Lara.
After thinking a while on how and if they are going to do that and what it would mean for future books and for Maggie, I had a revelation.

How sure are we that Mirror Mirror will be about parallel dimensions? Is there a WoJ that states this clearly and without doubt or was that just an interpretation that became "fact" over the years?
I can't find anything. The links keep redirecting me to Butcher's website.

I mean, I was asking myself, why naming the book twice "mirror"? Why not 6-letter-word +" mirror" or the other way around?

I have the feeling that this is becoming some kind of Snowwhite situation. What if "mirror mirror" is referring to the fairy tale and not to travelling through mirrors or mirror dimensions? Or not only?

I was thinking of "Mirror mirror on the wall...".
Lara is the beautiful evil queen. Maggie would be Snow white...
Don't know where this is leading, but it was just some idea in my head.

I would be careful if she offered me an apple. ;)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: [Battle Ground SPOILERS] Mirror Mirror WAG or not? [SPOILERS BG]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 07:29:39 AM »
Well yes, over the years there have been WoJs that the main inspiration would be the Star Trek episode Mirror Mirror and that the plot would be kicked off by an alternate Harry summoning the Harry we know to die in his place since the authentic corpse of (a) Harry Dresden is great for throwing his enemies off the scent. There have been other ones like how MM!Marcone will be interesting and how Morgan might return or how Mavra will be allied to one of the two Harrys.

The most recent one about it getting into the metaphysics would be the one in the recent Barnes and Noble interview.

https://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble/videos/1655260961290955
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.