Author Topic: Mirror Mirror returners  (Read 4551 times)

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
Mirror Mirror returners
« on: October 01, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »
With all the deaths over the books, it will be nice to see the return of some of the characters. What really would be nice is if Harry could bring back one or two with him when he returns to his own world. So I bring to you these questions, who do you want to see in MM and who do you want to come back. And I know a lot of you will say Murphy, but remember, she most likely won't be your Murphy. Just figured I would throw that out there to maybe cut down on the idea of bringing Murphy back.

People I would like to see and bring back would be Morgan and Maeve. Condition on Maeve would be that she wasn't the WL and Nemfected.

I really liked Morgan in the end and want to see more interaction between Harry and him now that we know what we know about him. And I would like to see Maeve for who she really was and hit Mab in the gut seeing her again.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror Mirror returners
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »
Susan.

Not-a-vampire Susan.

Bring her back to his world so Maggie can have a mom.  Maybe the Susan of that world lost a daughter and they can both regain something.

I don't think it's going to happen, but a Susan fan can dream.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »
Susan.

Not-a-vampire Susan.

Bring her back to his world so Maggie can have a mom.  Maybe the Susan of that world lost a daughter and they can both regain something.

That would be super weird. "Hey sweety, look what I got you for christmas, an alternate reality version of your Mother!"

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »
A Morgan who trusts our Harry.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
I think Susan in Mirror Mirror world will probably be a full Red Court Vampire and a significant player in Alternate Chicago (either Bianca's second-in-command or having replaced Bianca), since the point of divergence is at the end of GP.

Although depending on the exact decision that is made differently, maybe Harry chose to protect Susan and let Michael die trying to retrieve Amoracchius. So I guess it's possible that she's alive and human. Doesn't seem that likely, though.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 06:55:09 PM »
Susan.

Not-a-vampire Susan.

If MM Harry made the wrong decision in Grave Peril it is probably sacrificing Susan for "peace" the way the white council would like. So Susan would be a vampire in MM reality.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »
That would be super weird. "Hey sweety, look what I got you for christmas, an alternate reality version of your Mother!"
Depends on when the difference occurred. What if that Susan also had a Maggie with Harry and that Maggie died at Chichen Itza?  What if their pasts were almost identical?

If MM Harry made the wrong decision in Grave Peril it is probably sacrificing Susan for "peace" the way the white council would like. So Susan would be a vampire in MM reality.
That's why I had to specify a non-vampire Susan. Seems unlikely to me, but hey, it's possible.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 10:30:56 AM »
Depends on when the difference occurred. What if that Susan also had a Maggie with Harry and that Maggie died at Chichen Itza?  What if their pasts were almost identical?
That's why I had to specify a non-vampire Susan. Seems unlikely to me, but hey, it's possible.
I think Harry still had a version of Maggie with vampire Susan.. though I also think we'll see more than one alternate reality so.. though I find it more likely now for him to bring back a version of Murphy... Perhaps after saving her from Lasciels coin?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 09:47:06 PM »
Harry should be able only to bring back those persons who died since Grave Peril, and haven’t been adversely affected by his decisions in that book.

They also have to have a reason to come back with Harry. Morgan is the logical candidate, his Harry may be a destroyer, the world suffered at least two apocalypses Harry prevented, the Red Court are still a menace, he may realise his world is doomed to either fall to the Outsiders or be snuffed out by the White God to prevent it falling to them. Journal indicates he knew far more than he was letting on to Harry, and it would be a chance to redeem his promise to Margaret.

Besides Morgan turning up alive and working with the Wizard of Chicago would give the White Council collective anal conjouritis

Offline sythmaster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 06:54:31 AM »
At this point, I think Mirror Mirror is going to have more stuff in common with the Flashpoint DC story than "Star Trek Evil Goatee".  It will be fun to see what kinds of wars and "things gone sideways" stuff can happen.

Given Harry's new (old?) abode, it makes things line up nicely for Little Chicago - but also if the comments about how the castle's wardings are similar to Demonreach's maybe there's some hints/help that can give Harry some ideas on time-travel or reality hopping.

I'm just irked it'd push the LTW(/River Shoulders now?) training stuff to maybe the book after?  Maybe an upcoming short story though. 

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 07:06:32 AM »
Definitely think it'll be river shoulders now. LTW might even suggest he seek Harry out to train him now that he can't fullfil his promise

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 07:50:42 AM »
At this point, I think Mirror Mirror is going to have more stuff in common with the Flashpoint DC story than "Star Trek Evil Goatee".  It will be fun to see what kinds of wars and "things gone sideways" stuff can happen.

Given Harry's new (old?) abode, it makes things line up nicely for Little Chicago - but also if the comments about how the castle's wardings are similar to Demonreach's maybe there's some hints/help that can give Harry some ideas on time-travel or reality hopping.

I'm just irked it'd push the LTW(/River Shoulders now?) training stuff to maybe the book after?  Maybe an upcoming short story though.
Mirror Mirror is supposed to have a reduced scope and more character stuff like Ghost Story so I expect to see some of that in flashback if not on screen before he gets dragged over.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 01:55:34 PM »
Mirror Mirror is supposed to have a reduced scope and more character stuff like Ghost Story so I expect to see some of that in flashback if not on screen before he gets dragged over.

I think that would be a good thing, because Peace Talks really created a lot of loose ends.  The White Council wants to get rid of Harry.   The answer as to why and who is pushing it is totally vague.  As it Carlos demanding that Harry talk to him, but while makes some accusations, he doesn't ask any specific questions that Harry can reply to.  Eb's absolute hate towards the White Court, yet in Battle Ground he didn't seem to have a problem working with the White Court against the Titian. 

All of the above may create more questions.  I think a lot will depend on whether or not Harry is thrown into the alternate universe accidentally or on purpose. 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 05:14:22 PM »
I hope it is going to be Harry’s It’s A Wonderful Life, Uriel I suspect is the same Uriel in every reality, able to manifest himself in multiple realities at the same time, and do nothing virtually in any of them.

We will see that the decisions Harry has taken made his world better, the Mirror world may be dying/due to fall to the Outsiders because of mirror  “I don’t care Harry”

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
I don't think it's definitive that Mirror Mirror will be the only time travel books, or even a time travel book.  We could still have a separate time travel book other than Mirror Mirror.