Author Topic: The Bodies  (Read 5171 times)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The Bodies
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2020, 04:58:39 AM »
Depends on if the Feds have a tech wizard that can take out evidence as soon as it's posted online. Not a literal wizard, but your typical i-can-do-anything-you-imagine guy-in-a-chair. Or they work with Athena, who can connect to any device on the web.
That's pretty much what a coverup would take, sousveillance is fun to deal with.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 07:03:22 PM »
Or they work with Athena, who can connect to any device on the web.
wait what? As in the Goddess Athena? Where did this idea come from??

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2020, 07:04:42 PM »
Tl;dr: I think a somewhat successful coverup of the supernatural would be a lot more probable than is easily believable in a truth is stranger than fiction sort of way.

In fact, this thread was made to point out that there will be tons of people with an easy source of evidence (to say nothing of the rest of the battle) that's really difficult to hide for common people coming in from out of town thanks to smartphones and jounalists. Once they see the obviously non-human bodies and the damage in no way caused by chemical weapons it's an easy step from there to accounts from Chicago getting out into the world from a trustworthy source.
Emphasis added. Finding a trusted source to distribute the information on this level of incredibility would be difficult when you're definitely going to have other sources saying it's not real. Especially if there is a large scale operation to discredit anyone making such claims. Another thing is that people might not pay attention. A good example of both of these is the government admitting it had alien space craft this summer.

(An earlier version of the Times article said Reid believed “crashes from other worlds” had indeed occurred, and that retrieved materials had been “studied secretly for decades, often by aerospace companies under government contracts.” The Times has corrected Reid's account, and Reid has since clarified his statements in a tweet, below. Popular Mechanics has updated this section of the article accordingly.)

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
I have no knowledge—and I have never suggested—the federal government or any entity has unidentified flying objects or debris from other worlds. I have consistently said we must stick to science, not fairy tales about little green men. https://t.co/TcGxe0W43M

— Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid) July 24, 2020
The astrophysicist Eric Davis, who consulted with the Pentagon’s original UFO program and now works for the defense contractor Aerospace Corporation, told the Times that after he examined certain materials, he came to the conclusion that “we couldn’t make [them] ourselves.” In fact, Davis briefed a Department of Defense (DOD) agency as recently as March about retrieving materials from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a33413777/pentagon-ufo-program-materials-vehicles/. (I was looking for a different Popular Mechanics article about a Pentagon press release in which the Pentagon claims to have possession of an alien spacecraft).

The U.S. government has admitted that UFO's are very much a thing, that they're not of this world, and that they have them. The response from the public has been pretty underwhelming. And the former U.S. Senate Majority leader may have back pedaled a statement about it. I'm not so sure a Fox News or CNN field correspondent wouldn't backpedal really fast too.

Not to get into touchy topics, I'll avoid any specific real world examples, but I think most people can think of a newsworthy story that they haven't heard or have barely heard from the media, or one that the media reports really poorly to the point where what they are saying is almost, if not actually, the opposite of the truth. The media's coverage of science is a pretty good non political example of this.

That's pretty much what a coverup would take, sousveillance is fun to deal with.
New word of the day.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2020, 03:16:16 AM »
wait what? As in the Goddess Athena? Where did this idea come from??
I don't know, it's come up here and there. Nothing official, just speculation. Might have been a non-Dresden idea thread floating around here somewhere.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2020, 07:11:44 PM »
You mean like Butters?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 10:05:07 PM »
You mean like Butters?
Except in this case the bodies are big enough that you can toss your boss into their mouth if they insist on denying it.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2020, 12:19:32 AM »
The U.S. government has admitted that UFO's are very much a thing, that they're not of this world, and that they have them. The response from the public has been pretty underwhelming. And the former U.S. Senate Majority leader may have back pedaled a statement about it. I'm not so sure a Fox News or CNN field correspondent wouldn't backpedal really fast too.

Not to get into touchy topics, I'll avoid any specific real world examples, but I think most people can think of a newsworthy story that they haven't heard or have barely heard from the media, or one that the media reports really poorly to the point where what they are saying is almost, if not actually, the opposite of the truth. The media's coverage of science is a pretty good non political example of this.
Seriously?  Quit reading Popular Science, it'll rot your brain. Most people couldn't find the "truth" with a 100 man working party of PHD's. Now having just canceled my subscription to my local paper for rampant idiocy I find that I now gotta dump the Time's. On the bright side I'll save money. If it's a successful conspiracy then by definition you can't know about it.  No truth to be found there. And since I can't prove a negative(that they don't exist) it's a colossal waste of time discuss it.

If however you want to remove a body or bodies that are too big to be human use lots of gasoline then a match. Of course Jim made fun of us if you consider it carefully.  He stole Murphy's body and left the giant.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »
@Morris: I don't read Popular Mechanics. I just came across the article. There were plenty of stories about it from respected news outlets.

I'm not saying that there are aliens. I'm saying the government said there were, and it wasn't even a big story. Whether the media believes it or not, I'd have expected it to be a big story.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2020, 11:05:35 PM »
My post was meant to be humorous not serious.

If you are ever interested in talking about the nature of "truth" message me.  We could waste a whole afternoon talking about it while resolving nothing.

In the case of the Dresden Files once the debris was cleaned up and the bodies carted off, every second that passed would introduce uncertainty about what actually happened. Some would believe and some wouldn't.  Jim has actually used this idea in the books, it's his central conceit.