Author Topic: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?  (Read 40664 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry and Lara new pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2020, 06:14:14 AM »
Main love interest: Elaine, but it turns out she's the big bad because Jim.

For another thing, Who do you think could replace Murphy as Harry main action partner?
Riley. Irwin and his wife. Elaine. The Alphas. Toot and Lacuna. Mirror, Mirror Morgan. Chandler who is a warlock after accidentally time traveling to get away from Drakul's void. Lara's Gard, whatever her first name was. I agree with the suggestions of Kincaid and Original Gard.

In one of the interviews, Jim mentioned that Thomas could feed on Fae but would eat false emotion which would be the same as a normal human eating Fae food in the Nevernever, which would turn him into the monster as soon he returned to the real world. I wonder if the same would apply to the Winter Knight mantle? So if Lara did feed on it, she'd go bonkers.
I think that would only be the case if she fed in the Nevernever and came back and was emptied of all "food."

@bigdangmoose

If you like it, you can keep on reading it. I'd just stop reading the books as I'm no fan of that kind of age difference.  *shrug*

@Gryffyn612

Yep. And there's quite a bit of difference between those two ages. Molly's still figuring things out, Harry has more of his ducks in a row and is raising two children.
It depends on how long the series goes on for and how much time Molly spends in Winter. Molly might end up older than him.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2020, 08:11:23 AM »
I thought "Cold Case" essentially cut off any possibility of a relationship between Molly and Harry.

But I don't think the age difference is the largest limitation there. Luccio and Harry were briefly together, and as of SmF/TC Harry was about 34-35 and Luccio was something like 210.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2020, 09:11:32 AM »
I thought "Cold Case" essentially cut off any possibility of a relationship between Molly and Harry.

But I don't think the age difference is the largest limitation there. Luccio and Harry were briefly together, and as of SmF/TC Harry was about 34-35 and Luccio was something like 210.
The younger you are the more important the age difference is. The difference between 15 and 19 is too big but 30 and 34 is nothing special.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Greywolf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2020, 11:33:24 AM »
Harry certainly isn't seeing it as a "romantic prospect", and he is this close to outright defying Mab over it, when Molly stops him. He's extremely upset about the idea.

I know he‘s upset, I don’t mean Harry is the one thinking it. But as readers it seems to having been set up for us to see Harry/Lara in Peace Talks, with all the sexual tension between them at multiple points, plus Freydis telling Harry that Lara *actually* might be interested in him, and now at the end of BG it’s shoved out into the open in what almost feels like a fanfic plot or a romcom, where two people are forced to get married, have to pretend they’re in a relationship, and then slowly fall for each other.

And honestly I’m not even opposed to that happening at all. Lara’s one of my favourite of Harry’s scary allies, and she’s not that scary anymore. I don’t even mind Harry/Lara. I just...wish it wasn’t in the same book where Murph died. 🙁
"I'll need some pants."

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2020, 12:00:01 PM »
I am still opposed to marrying someone who wants to eat you.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Greywolf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2020, 12:16:46 PM »
I am still opposed to marrying someone who wants to eat you.

Pretty much. I don’t see how an actual physical relationship between Harry and Lara could work. I guess Thomas and Justine made it work but WHOOPSIE what if the reason Thomas could touch her again was Nemesis? Kinda puts a damper on things. 
"I'll need some pants."

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2020, 12:38:12 PM »
Think about it.  I would figure out how Mommies curse worked to keep Papa Raith from feeding and develop a charm to do that while I performed the horizontal mamba with my newlywed.  Effectively slapping a muzzle on her. I mean, he's inventive right?  He knocked up a proto vampire using unicorn rope.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2020, 12:55:24 PM »

I am curious on this. Jim has started telling people that Fix and Sarrisa are/we're an item, like she was the one in bed with him back in PG. Is that still going on, I mean physically. They could still have feelings for each other and everything. But does the Lady mantle exclude the Knight mantle from her defense. We know what Mab has said, but what Jim said about Fix and Sarrisa makes me wonder. What has he said exactly?
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2020, 02:00:49 PM »
Think about it.  I would figure out how Mommies curse worked to keep Papa Raith from feeding and develop a charm to do that while I performed the horizontal mamba with my newlywed.  Effectively slapping a muzzle on her. I mean, he's inventive right?  He knocked up a proto vampire using unicorn rope.
But Susan wanted it too and she let Harry bind her. Lara wouldn't and the trust is not there.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2020, 02:19:41 PM »

Well since Leah was able to put the Red Court predator to sleep casually, She or Mab or Molly could give it to them as a wedding gift or an enchantment or their wedding rings.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2020, 02:22:29 PM »
Well since Leah was able to put the Red Court predator to sleep casually, She or Mab or Molly could give it to them as a wedding gift or an enchantment or their wedding rings.

Yeeeaaahhhhh, can't see Molly doing that.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2020, 02:40:55 PM »
Yeeeaaahhhhh, can't see Molly doing that.
I can not see Lara accepting it either.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »
No. Only while she is the Winter Lady. Some are sure Mab is going to die. Some are sure Harry's going to get out of being Winter Knight, but Harry said he's not doing it without Molly.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2020, 06:43:00 PM »
No. Only while she is the Winter Lady. Some are sure Mab is going to die. Some are sure Harry's going to get out of being Winter Knight, but Harry said he's not doing it without Molly.
And Mab's dead is foreshadowed more than once.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2020, 07:02:13 PM »
And Mab's dead is foreshadowed more than once.
It seems everyone's death is foreshadowed more than once.