Author Topic: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?  (Read 40707 times)

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground spoilers: Harry’s pairing. What do you think?
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2020, 02:55:59 PM »
To be fair, Harry managed to redeem the Shadow of a Fallen Angel. A Whampire would seem to be easier to do that to than Lash. :P Not saying it'll happen, of course, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Eh, I'm partial to their relationship being platonic, but them still having to physically sleep together. Can you hear Harry?

"I'm not having sex with the queen of the succubi, wife or no wife. But she sleeps in the buff, man- in the buff! Jerk!"

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2020, 03:46:57 PM »
To be fair, Harry managed to redeem the Shadow of a Fallen Angel. A Whampire would seem to be easier to do that to than Lash. :P Not saying it'll happen, of course, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, but Lash could only offer him power, where as Lara.......... ::)  :P

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »

Offers feeling invincible.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »
At some point Mab will die, it is foreshadowed enough times to make that sure. Molly will become Winter Queen. That is also foreshadowed and Harry won't kill her. That will open a can of worms of enourmous magnitude. Jim will enjoy that one.

Of course a happy ever after is possible with Molly giving birth to a lot of winter lady candidates but Molly sacrificing herself at the gates to save our reality is so much more in character.

If Molly became the Winter Queen, I wonder if the ah ... ceremony, that binds the Knight to Winter has to be repeated with the new Queen.  I doubt that would be the case, but perhaps new Queen Molly would be the one to make that decision.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Shadow_Dresden

• Participant
  • Still lurking about in the shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:04 PM »
Not a fan of Harry/Lara. Only viewing it as a business proposition. And I hope that Harry/Molly never comes to be. That's one line that I hope the book never crosses. He's like family to her and it would just be awkward city to say the least.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2020, 10:11:54 PM »
Not a fan of Harry/Lara. Only viewing it as a business proposition. And I hope that Harry/Molly never comes to be. That's one line that I hope the book never crosses. He's like family to her and it would just be awkward city to say the least.

Sorry to say, you better come around to the idea of Harry and Molly. Jim wouldn't have kept the idea of them together this long if it didn't have some significance for the future.

And Harry has never been seen as family to Molly. Michael is accepting to them if it came to be. And Molly is not a kid anymore. She's pushing 30 if not older. With the delay in books I've lost track on the exact age. They have spent enough time apart that they aren't family, just good friends.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2020, 10:16:13 PM »
If Molly became the Winter Queen, I wonder if the ah ... ceremony, that binds the Knight to Winter has to be repeated with the new Queen.  I doubt that would be the case, but perhaps new Queen Molly would be the one to make that decision.
She'd make him renew his vows every night.

Lash I think offered to be anyone he wanted to be, didn't she? And if not, she could have. I know JB says Bonnie was born from Lash's sacrifice for Harry, but if I were Harry, I'd want a paternity test done against Evil Harry in his head.

In peace talks after Thomas was locked up in demonreach. After Lara attacked him and Harry showed her what he could do with the island they had a chat about what he did and what his motivations were.
Ah, okay. I found it. It didn't really read like that to me the first time, but I see it on a second go.  Scenario two was that he did something unconsciously to gain an advantage.

Sorry to say, you better come around to the idea of Harry and Molly. Jim wouldn't have kept the idea of them together this long if it didn't have some significance for the future.

And Harry has never been seen as family to Molly. Michael is accepting to them if it came to be. And Molly is not a kid anymore. She's pushing 30 if not older. With the delay in books I've lost track on the exact age. They have spent enough time apart that they aren't family, just good friends.
Harry would be 39.  Molly would be 26.

Offline Shadow_Dresden

• Participant
  • Still lurking about in the shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2020, 10:24:46 PM »
@bigdangmoose

If you like it, you can keep on reading it. I'd just stop reading the books as I'm no fan of that kind of age difference.  *shrug*

@Gryffyn612

Yep. And there's quite a bit of difference between those two ages. Molly's still figuring things out, Harry has more of his ducks in a row and is raising two children.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:51:51 PM by Shadow_Dresden »

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2020, 11:00:03 PM »
Hey, not saying that it will happen soon. It will probably be during the BAT when it does. So age difference will be less and less significant by then and it will also be the end of the series
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2020, 11:07:34 PM »
Hey, not saying that it will happen soon. It will probably be during the BAT when it does. So age difference will be less and less significant by then and it will also be the end of the series
That'll be awkward if Murphy does come back as an Einherjar for the BAT, and is effectively immortal as such until she dies again or maybe willingly retires.

Offline Greywolf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2020, 11:50:21 PM »
That'll be awkward if Murphy does come back as an Einherjar for the BAT, and is effectively immortal as such until she dies again or maybe willingly retires.

Einherjar can’t return until all mortal memory of them as a person has faded. So we won’t be seeing our Murph again. 😭

And I’m kinda pissed that it didn’t even take half a book for Harry to have more romantic prospects again. He wasn’t over Susan for ages, and he and Murph were way closer.
"I'll need some pants."

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2020, 12:20:45 AM »
Einherjar can’t return until all mortal memory of them as a person has faded. So we won’t be seeing our Murph again. 😭

And I’m kinda pissed that it didn’t even take half a book for Harry to have more romantic prospects again. He wasn’t over Susan for ages, and he and Murph were way closer.
Sure, the rules are in place for the Einherjar, but I think we're going to reach a point where the rules are going to go out the window.

And I don't think Harry is romantically interested yet. He's just being tortured in a new way.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2020, 12:22:27 AM »
Einherjar can’t return until all mortal memory of them as a person has faded. So we won’t be seeing our Murph again.

It's possible that this might change if the BAT includes actual Ragnarok, as I think all the Einherjar are supposed to fight then.

Even if Murphy can't return to the mortal world that doesn't mean that Harry and Murphy can't fight together, if the battle is fought in the Nevernever. Perhaps the Plains of Vigrid (where Ragnarok is supposed to be fought) is in the NN.

Harry certainly isn't seeing it as a "romantic prospect", and he is this close to outright defying Mab over it, when Molly stops him. He's extremely upset about the idea.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2020, 03:14:26 AM »

If you like it, you can keep on reading it. I'd just stop reading the books as I'm no fan of that kind of age difference.  *shrug*

39 and 26?  My husband was 38 and I was 26, our marriage lasted for over forty years till he died. 

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2020, 03:36:10 AM »
It's a silly comparison in any case.  If their lifespan was 300 years the age difference is trivial. He is at about 13 percent of his life span she at 9 percent.  Figure that lifespan at 80 and it makes him 10 and her 7.  3 years effective difference at our life spans. Common.