Author Topic: Various Battle Grounds reactions (spoilers)  (Read 2397 times)

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Various Battle Grounds reactions (spoilers)
« on: September 30, 2020, 09:50:12 PM »
Various thoughts and reactions to Battle Grounds

1)   Here is Harry’s missing snark. Harry did not sound like Harry in Peace Talks.
2)   Chronicles of Prydain!
3)   This is where Butcher is strong
4)   Is the Za-Lord- and Harry- becoming an independent Erlking or Kringle character? Or is Toot ascending to that role? Harry certainly outed himself on this one. The degree of his influence over the Little Folk was not known except to the Faery Queens, I think. Apparently, he can call to all of them and have them put down their ADHD long enough to listen. Response obviously is dependent on importance of the request.
5)   WAG: The ouster from the White Council will be followed with an offer of reinstatement contingent on handing over the Eye.
6)   Bob is an enemy of Mab and not just paranoid? That’s interesting. Bob serves Harry.
7)   Faeries are “back” to “stealing” children? Sounds like a telephone reporting of Winter’s tribute
8)   Justine had access to Goodman, Lara’s inner circle, Thomas, and who else as Lara’s secretary? Any of them is potentially Nemfected, depending on how it spreads. Will Papa Raith come back into play?
9)   Jim’s recent signing answer about Kemmler having been the Warden, and a significant part of the White Council’s time being spent trying to keep him from Demonreach, raises some interesting questions
a.   Did the Sidhe assist, and that is what kept him from simply opening a Way?
b.   Is that part of the Chekhov’s gun of Harry’s medallion? He can’t be kept from anywhere
c.   I’ve long thought that the combination of the Darkhallow and the summoning circle on Demonreach was a Chekhov’s gun itself- Kemmler being the inventor and a former Warden comes close to confirming it
d.   Who was the in-between Warden?
10)   Ramirez warned Harry that McCoy was under standing orders to execute him if he backslid. Fun question: Is Wizard McCoy under those orders, or is the Blackstaff under those orders? If the latter, Ebenezer can flip Langtey the bird simply by handing off the Blackstaff to Harry. The only control anyone has over someone like the Blackstaff is his consent to being controlled.
11)   Listens to Wind and Ebenezer were in surgery when the council voted to oust Harry. Rashid was probably engaged at the Outer Gates. Those three and Martha Liberty were Harry’s “block.”
12)   Harry will need to reconcile with the svartalves. Potential future plot point.
13)   Harry is competing with Marcone for the title of Lord of Chicago.
14)   WAG question: If reincarnation is a thing in the Dresdenverse, are they actually Merlin and Arthur?
15)   Valkyries pick Einherjar. Which Gard flagged Murphy and Hendricks? By Sigrun’s mourning, I’m guessing Freydis?
16)   Did Harry out himself as Warden? Or is the message that he slew Ethniu?
17)   Interesting that Titania was summoned but not the Mothers
18)   Mab hints at Harry’s future immortality
19)   We finally found out where Molly had made doppelgangers before
20)   Will Harry be able to open a Way from the castle straight to Demonreach based on his own affinity and the magical parallels?
21)   Can Einherjar actually die, or are the “revenants” like wizards in that they will-eventually-heal?
22)   That series of threats Mab issued to Lara regarding feeding on Harry in Peace Talks- need to review how that applies to a wedding.
23)   The stars and stones make me think of the standing stones at places like Stonehenge- linked to Merlin
24)   Harry going to go back to school with River Shoulders?
25)   Namshiel trolled Ethniu. Ethniu is Celtic, which means Scottish/Welsh/Irish/Cornish/Gallic/Gaelic/Breton. When he spoke with her, he deliberately used an upper-crust English accent. That was excellently subtle trolling.
26) The incidentalness of Rudy was spot on- anything else would cheapen Murphy. Murphy went down to her own world

More to come

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Various Battle Grounds reactions (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 07:55:52 PM »
4. Only if the request is pizza level serious.
5. I like.
7. Yep.
9. Link please!
10. Carlos said Eb would summarily be charged with treason if he didn't.
12. The truth alone, handled properly, might do it.
14. Harry is the Protector of Chicago. He doesn't want to be Lord of anything. But they're definitely competing.
15. My take is that Hendriks is separated from Gard now.
17. I totally was expecting Harry to summon Mother Winter because she answered his summons before. Never considered Titania. I thought Mother Winter was going to soften Titania up considerably but only have a small window in which to operate.
20. Interesting. Probably not straight but one of those 15 steps kind of trips. That is, if he can.
21. I have a theory that they are mortals who get to keep living until Ragnarok. My thought is how did Catholic Murphy go to Valhalla (or maybe Folkvangr)?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:43:47 PM »
4. Only if the request is pizza level serious.
5. I like.
7. Yep.
9. Link please!
10. Carlos said Eb would summarily be charged with treason if he didn't.
12. The truth alone, handled properly, might do it.
14. Harry is the Protector of Chicago. He doesn't want to be Lord of anything. But they're definitely competing.
15. My take is that Hendriks is separated from Gard now.
17. I totally was expecting Harry to summon Mother Winter because she answered his summons before. Never considered Titania. I thought Mother Winter was going to soften Titania up considerably but only have a small window in which to operate.
20. Interesting. Probably not straight but one of those 15 steps kind of trips. That is, if he can.
21. I have a theory that they are mortals who get to keep living until Ragnarok. My thought is how did Catholic Murphy go to Valhalla (or maybe Folkvangr)?
Because her actions and the way she died showed where she truely belonged. She had chosen. And maybe because she had too much contact with the einherjar, these things rub off.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 11:28:19 PM »
Because her actions and the way she died showed where she truely belonged. She had chosen. And maybe because she had too much contact with the einherjar, these things rub off.

I think it could have gone either way and depends on how you see it.  You are right because she was a warrior.  However on the other side of the coin it would have been just as beautiful if her soul had joined her father in his work for Uriel.  It would be meaningful and she could have that talk she was never able to have with him because he died.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 11:55:11 PM »
I think it could have gone either way and depends on how you see it.  You are right because she was a warrior.  However on the other side of the coin it would have been just as beautiful if her soul had joined her father in his work for Uriel.  It would be meaningful and she could have that talk she was never able to have with him because he died.
Or maybe they meet during one of those yearly lunches Uriel and Vadderung have.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 02:59:54 AM »
It didn't show them do it, but those fire giants were basically heliopaths lol. Love the reference.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 04:02:55 AM »
Or maybe they meet during one of those yearly lunches Uriel and Vadderung have.
I can see them working that out, both Murphy and her father deserve that.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »
If we don't get a time travel story about Harry going back and working with Jack, I see something like Jack and Karren coming back and working together in the BAT because all hell has broken loose and the walls of reality have broken down, allowing them to come back.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 03:02:48 AM »
Jim said in one of the recent interviews that a lot of times a warrior dies and Odin needs them and he has to go bargain for them. I think he specifically mentioned Anubis. He said something about how a lot of people wake up in Valhalla very surprised.