Author Topic: I'd like to see ...  (Read 1452 times)

Offline ernie.s

• Lurker
    • View Profile
I'd like to see ...
« on: December 30, 2020, 03:55:43 AM »
(Posted for Greg L., not currently online)

Dear Worldmaster Butcher-

In all the long years and many adventures you've guided us through in the world of the Dresden Files, with all the short stories that have been told from the points of view of Harry's friends, allies and enemies, there is one character who I feel has been rather unjustly neglected:

Michael Carpenter.

Nowhere in the expanding canon of Harry's world has Michael been given a chance to tell a story from his own point of view.

The shock, when I realized this! The outrage! The bellowing of the bitterly bummed-out!

Moreover, you've never actually revealed how Michael and Harry met, nor the early (pre-"Grave Peril") interactions Harry might have had with the Carpenter family! Did Charity hate him from the outset, or did she at first think he was alright before she learned he was a wizard? What was his actual first interaction with Molly and the other Carpenter Kids? What about Father Forthill's initial reaction when he found out Michael was not only recieving aid, but was actual friends with someone who (by the Church's standards) consorts with the Forces of Darkness? What did Michael see when he and Harry soulgazed?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Happily, all of these questions can be answered in a single story. I feel I speak for many, many Dresdenites when I ask that you provide us with this story forthwith and with all haste. Let us see how Harry and Michael first met and how such different people became such close friends through Michael's eyes!

Yours in the magic of literature,
G.L.

P.S.: A story from Bob's POV would also be cool, but let's be honest: He'd probably spend the whole thing complaining that Harry doesn't let him out to spy on strip clubs and start college orgies enough.