Author Topic: BG spoilers: Rudolph as a KoTC candidate?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
BG spoilers: Rudolph as a KoTC candidate?
« on: October 04, 2020, 12:54:17 AM »
I got a hunch that Rudolph could become the wielder of Ammoracchius. No particular reason, just my feeling. It seems to me that the TWG try a bit too hard to save Rudolph.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 12:56:00 AM by huangjimmy108 »
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BG spoilers: Rudolph as a KoTC candidate?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 12:58:26 AM »
I really hope not. That would be awful character resolution for this kind of series. This isn't the Kite Runner.

I'd argue that the person TWG really seems to be trying to save is Harry.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 01:04:51 PM »
Absolutely not, and I mean that in the strongest way possible.

Gutless, self-serving cowards that get other people killed are absolutely not Knight material, and to be completely honest I was disappointed as hell that Harry didn't turn that worthless piece of offal into paste.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 03:48:28 PM »
More likely to take on the Mantle of Mr Hanky The Christmas Poo.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 04:12:43 PM »
I think the best thing Rudolph has coming is a mostly unseen redemption arc where he eventually dies doing the right thing, and Harry figures that squares things as he watches it happen as he stands beside einherjarn Murphy.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 06:59:31 PM »

In a word?  No.

Offline ELF1024a

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 03:38:57 PM »
I would prefer to see Rudolph taken out by Murphy's avenging angry Hellhound ex-boyfriend... Kincaid... but that's me.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 06:21:17 PM »
I would prefer to see Rudolph taken out by Murphy's avenging angry Hellhound ex-boyfriend... Kincaid... but that's me.

Dinner, a movie and then a bit of hanky panky? I am sure that Kincaid can arrange something along those lines, which is absolutely terrifying.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 06:27:58 PM »
Kinkaid and the Murphy brothers. There will be no traces. And even if there were any, nobody in CPD would care to investigate.

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 06:52:47 PM »
The minute I read what happened I was certain Harry wouldn't do it and therefore Kincaid might do it either of his own volition or as an unsolicited favor for Harry.  Ever since the Eb and Kincaid scene, I've gotten the feeling that Kincaid had a much larger soft spot for Harry than he's let on... and now Harry has thrown down with Kincaid's old boss...  so I suspect there will be much more to discuss between the two to bring them together so that Kincaid finds out even if he hasn't already on his own.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »
I want to see more Kinkaid, hopefully Harry making things better between him and Ivy. And yes, I think Kinkaid will probably kill Rudolph.

But your post gave me an idea. Was Rudy the name of the man who followed Harry banner and mocked him for saying he was a wizard. I don't remember if the book says something about him surviving, but if he is alive he could be KoTC material.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »
I want to see more Kinkaid, hopefully Harry making things better between him and Ivy. And yes, I think Kinkaid will probably kill Rudolph.

But your post gave me an idea. Was Rudy the name of the man who followed Harry banner and mocked him for saying he was a wizard. I don't remember if the book says something about him surviving, but if he is alive he could be KoTC material.

His name was Randy, and I was very disappointed in him not being mentioned at all in the end.  He comes up at least twice, once being disbelieving and then later when he tells Harry his newborn daughter is in the hospital.  Then at the end no mention.  No mention if he died and his pic was in the grave, or no mention of him being there putting pics in the grave.  I have to wonder if he will pop up in the series again.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 09:40:25 PM »
Randy, thank you! And I agree I felt disappointed because he was not mentioned again (he was mentioned a couple of times more, even). So yes, I suspect he will be back with the pin to ask Harry for help, probably in the book after MM.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 12:11:02 AM »
Harry has thrown down with Kincaid's old boss.
And Kincaid's enemy, Eb.

I'm kinda disappointed that we don't know who lived or died. We still don't know if Toto's owner survived the drive by in GS.