Author Topic: Bradley, A Canidate For the Sword of Love?  (Read 6167 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Bradley, A Canidate For the Sword of Love?
« on: September 30, 2020, 12:21:32 PM »

Foreshadowing I think, the fact that he and Harry soul gazed, Harry saw a good solid man, like an oak tree.  What Bradley did to save the teacher and those kids in the daycare.  He reminds me somewhat of Michael.  I wouldn't be terribly shocked that when the third Sword is needed, Harry hands it over to him as the next Knight.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Bradley, A Canidate For the Sword of Love?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 03:49:03 PM »
I suspect Bradley is smart enough to avoid that possibility
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 03:54:46 PM »
I suspect Bradley is smart enough to avoid that possibility

At the same time he is the kind of solid guy if push came to shove he'd accept it.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 06:07:22 PM »
He is more likely to be a reluctant liaison to Harry from CPD.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 06:44:58 PM »
He is more likely to be a reluctant liaison to Harry from CPD.
Just his luck he'd be transferred to SI, and the new boss Rawlins ("Just when I thought I was out, they keep pulling me back in") assigns him to Harry's beat.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 10:05:05 PM »
Reluctant? Harry saved his life and, more important, his daughter's life (also, other kids and the daycare lady). And Murphy, who was working with Harry, gave her life for it. I think Bradley would be very grateful and help in all what he can.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 10:09:31 PM »
So Harry has the eye of Hate/love and the sword of love and he is pretty much fuelled by love (of his daughter) and to some degree of the rest of humanity. I think he will pick both up at some point and it will be epic.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 02:54:39 AM »
Reluctant? Harry saved his life and, more important, his daughter's life (also, other kids and the daycare lady). And Murphy, who was working with Harry, gave her life for it. I think Bradley would be very grateful and help in all what he can.
What we know about Bradley is that he's a good fighter, he's in Internal Affairs rather than being a beat cop or SI, he's got a young child who had to stay at a night nursery while he was on shift, which means he may be a single dad, and he's already seen a bit of the supernatural and wanted to walk away.

I could easily see him thanking Harry softly and convincingly, and then just as quickly telling him he'll do nothing that might leave his kid an orphan.

Maybe angelic daycare at the Carpenters might change that, but seeing Michael be retired and crippled, and seeing Butters and Sanya working and crippled, and he's likely to say a respectful but firm No.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 04:34:10 AM »
What we know about Bradley is that he's a good fighter, he's in Internal Affairs rather than being a beat cop or SI, he's got a young child who had to stay at a night nursery while he was on shift, which means he may be a single dad, and he's already seen a bit of the supernatural and wanted to walk away.

I could easily see him thanking Harry softly and convincingly, and then just as quickly telling him he'll do nothing that might leave his kid an orphan.

Maybe angelic daycare at the Carpenters might change that, but seeing Michael be retired and crippled, and seeing Butters and Sanya working and crippled, and he's likely to say a respectful but firm No.

But if he understands there are worse things that could threaten his child than just becoming an orphan, he might.  No one can say that Michael doesn't love his family, the last thing he wanted was to leave Charity a widow and his kids fatherless.  Yet, Michael carried that Sword into battle time after time, because he loved his family.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 04:50:32 AM »
But if he understands there are worse things that could threaten his child than just becoming an orphan, he might.  No one can say that Michael doesn't love his family, the last thing he wanted was to leave Charity a widow and his kids fatherless.  Yet, Michael carried that Sword into battle time after time, because he loved his family.
Yes, but just because there's evil, and someone knows there's evil, doesn't mean they're going to drop everything and potentially sacrifice their life and the security of their family to do something about it. 

How many times has Casa de Carpenter been attacked now?  The bad guys have shown up there, what, at least six books?  What are the odds Michael won't tell him, if he asks, that his own daughter was dragged out of the house by monsters?  That the panic room wasn't invaded in this last attempt?  That his youngest child was only barely spared from becoming a host to a fallen angel in the front yard?

I wouldn't blame the guy if he transferred out of Chicago after all of that. I certainly wouldn't blame him for not wanting to risk it all again and again.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 06:02:37 AM »
I am not saying he will be a KotC or that he will become Mulder. But do you really see Harry asking him something concrete and him refusing? I would be disappointed if that is the case. Bradley really owns Harry too much (besides, I was thinking in things that could make Harry's life easier like in the first books when he worked with Murphy. He probably won't be asking Bradley to do something truly suicidal)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 06:55:51 AM »

He has soulgazed Harry, he has seen his inner Sharknado.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 07:00:08 AM »
So?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 10:48:30 AM »
He has soulgazed Harry, he has seen his inner Sharknado.

Or he saw what scared the cornerhounds saw.
Yes, but just because there's evil, and someone knows there's evil, doesn't mean they're going to drop everything and potentially sacrifice their life and the security of their family to do something about it.

How many times has Casa de Carpenter been attacked now?  The bad guys have shown up there, what, at least six books?  What are the odds Michael won't tell him, if he asks, that his own daughter was dragged out of the house by monsters?  That the panic room wasn't invaded in this last attempt?  That his youngest child was only barely spared from becoming a host to a fallen angel in the front yard?

I wouldn't blame the guy if he transferred out of Chicago after all of that. I certainly wouldn't blame him for not wanting to risk it all again and again.
Um, the man is a police officer, it is what they do, battle the bad guys to keep us safe and a lot of them have died doing it.  So becoming a Holy Knight would be that much of a stretch, unless he repeats the same mistake Murphy made, make himself judge and jury.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 04:08:37 PM »
Um, the man is a police officer, it is what they do, battle the bad guys to keep us safe and a lot of them have died doing it.
I'm not sure how dangerous being in I.A. is. Most on duty deaths of cops are traffic accidents. That means most of the risk goes out the window when you're not spending all day on patrol in your car.