Author Topic: HUGE BATTLE GROUND SPOILERS - (Un)Answered questions  (Read 24970 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: HUGE BATTLE GROUND SPOILERS - (Un)Answered questions
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2020, 07:27:22 AM »
Probably when she had to rush them out to the other side of the street to dodge Listen's goon squad.
Did she do that herself?
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2020, 08:17:44 AM »
Did she do that herself?
Harry seems to think so.

I looked up at her, coughed out some smoke, and then croaked, “Where’d you hide them? Our family?”
She glanced at me and then smiled faintly. “Right across the street. Where they could watch the whole thing. Like in Fellowship.”
“Clever girl,” I said.
She showed me a vulpine smile.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2020, 12:29:45 PM »
I'd say Michael's known since he saw her face on the statue in Hades' vault.

Or at least that started him asking the right questions from the right people. He was a Knight for something like twenty years -- and half the Supernatural world knew Molly was the Winter Lady.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »
Technically, he's just Namshiel. But maybe that's just how everyone sees him. And of course, because that's how Jim names him. It is odd, I admit. Although technically, Nicodemus and Tess both have two names.

What is odd is that Namshiel and thus Marcone can use magic. Especially since no other Fallen uses magic unless their host is a wizard.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2020, 01:31:49 PM »
What is odd is that Namshiel and thus Marcone can use magic. Especially since no other Fallen uses magic unless their host is a wizard.

I want to know what was behind Marcone giving Harry the Eye?  Was it an attempt to get Harry on the side of the Denarians?  Did he will want to appear to be a reasonable member of the Accords?  What kind of arrangement does Marcone have with Namshiel?  Is it the kind of partnership that Lasciel offered Harry or that Andruiel has with Nic?  Has Marcone had the coin since Small Favor and only now getting around to taking it up?  What will he do when Namshiel starts to call the shots?  Will he ultimately reject the coin then  and become a Knight?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »
I want to know what was behind Marcone giving Harry the Eye?  Was it an attempt to get Harry on the side of the Denarians?  Did he will want to appear to be a reasonable member of the Accords?  What kind of arrangement does Marcone have with Namshiel?  Is it the kind of partnership that Lasciel offered Harry or that Andruiel has with Nic?  Has Marcone had the coin since Small Favor and only now getting around to taking it up?  What will he do when Namshiel starts to call the shots?  Will he ultimately reject the coin then  and become a Knight?
Thorned Namshiel does not want Marcone to have the eye because he does not want to play second fiddle to something that powerful.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2020, 01:41:59 PM »
Thorned Namshiel does not want Marcone to have the eye because he does not want to play second fiddle to something that powerful.

But he wouldn't would he?  I mean the Eye is merely a tool, a weapon of pure hate.  I doubt that Namshiel would play second fiddle to the eye, but Marcone might, which would make him less useful perhaps?

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
I'd assume that Marcone's ability to use magic is something he negotiated for specifically, before he fully took up Namshiel's coin. Harry showed him over and over what a ridiculous force multiplier magic was, and then the fomor showed him how inadequate his elaborate and expensive defenses were.

The scary question is -- what did it take for Marcone to get that? We know that there's a way to "eat" the magical talent of other wizards -- sort of like Harry did with Kravos in Grave Peril. I'd imagine Namshiel knows the details of the "horrible" way to make that work -- a sort of one-soul-at-a-time Dark Hallow. Perhaps some of the lesser talents who vanished over the last few years weren't taken by the fomor.

Re: the Eye...

When you consider what it takes to use it (physically and emotionally), it's not actually that useful to anyone sane and human-sized. And it puts a huge target on the back of anyone known to have it.

But yeah, I'd imagine Marcone could have taken it and then auctioned it off to the magical community, or just sold it to Vadderung for all kinds of things -- like personal magic instruction.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2020, 02:07:30 PM »
But he wouldn't would he?  I mean the Eye is merely a tool, a weapon of pure hate.  I doubt that Namshiel would play second fiddle to the eye, but Marcone might, which would make him less useful perhaps?
The fallen want to tempt their host with power. The eye might be an alternative source of power.

I do not think an object this powerful is nothing but a tool. Using it will influence you, you will start hating. Also it probably wants to be used.

Marcone knows Harry won’t use it. He wanted to put a target on Harry and Harry managed to cast doubt about it and Mab and Lara supported him in this.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2020, 02:10:21 PM »
Marcone never plays unless he can win.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2020, 02:20:05 PM »
Marcone never plays unless he can win.

Or thinks he can, does Marcone believe he can have the same amicable partnership like Nic has with Andruiel?  Remember Lasciel offered that to Harry, but he refused, because he had the benefit of that soul gaze of another host and didn't believe her.  Marcone is a different man, not a good man, so he might go along with it.. However I cannot see him playing second fiddle to a coin.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2020, 02:46:08 PM »
Or thinks he can, does Marcone believe he can have the same amicable partnership like Nic has with Andruiel?  Remember Lasciel offered that to Harry, but he refused, because he had the benefit of that soul gaze of another host and didn't believe her.  Marcone is a different man, not a good man, so he might go along with it.. However I cannot see him playing second fiddle to a coin.
He will. If he keeps the coin long enough. Remember Hannah? When you have that coin you can not even trust what you see and hear.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
Strong implication is that Molly knew that Lara's first "favor" request to Mab had been Harry's hand in marriage.
That's how I read it as it well. Molly still has a thing for Harry and knowing that the impossibly sexy Lara asked for that Favor honked her off.

Interesting not quite-related question: what if a female White Court vampire of House Raith becomes pregnant and legitimately loves their child? I'm guessing that'd kill them, but is there a way to work through it? (Because yeah, I kind of want Thomas to come out of the box to discover that Harry is married to Lara and they have a kid, just for the LOLs and WTFs that would ensue.)
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »
That's how I read it as it well. Molly still has a thing for Harry and knowing that the impossibly sexy Lara asked for that Favor honked her off.

Interesting not quite-related question: what if a female White Court vampire of House Raith becomes pregnant and legitimately loves their child? I'm guessing that'd kill them, but is there a way to work through it? (Because yeah, I kind of want Thomas to come out of the box to discover that Harry is married to Lara and they have a kid, just for the LOLs and WTFs that would ensue.)
It won’t count as true love in the burn vampires kind because it is not properly bidirectional.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »
He will. If he keeps the coin long enough. Remember Hannah? When you have that coin you can not even trust what you see and hear.

Yeah, but Hannah was never Marcone.  He is a wheeler dealer, he likes to be in control, he likes power.  Short term and and Namshiel will get along just fine, but how long will he like not calling the shots?