Author Topic: Release TIME of Battlegrounds Audiobook?  (Read 2093 times)

Offline funnyhalo

• Participant
    • View Profile
Release TIME of Battlegrounds Audiobook?
« on: September 28, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »
Apologies if a similar question has been ask before, I couldn't find it. I also hope this is the right topic to be posting this. Now, onto the question:

What time do Penguin and other places like Audible make the audiobooks available. Midnight? Sometime the next morning? I ordered the book of course, but If I can listen to it even 12 hours early, overnight, that would be amazing. So, compared to past audiobook releases, what time do they generally make them available for download?

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Release TIME of Battlegrounds Audiobook?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 08:45:42 PM »
I'm in Australia, where it is at time of posting the 29th, and Amazon etc have the book available for sale.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline funnyhalo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:27:31 PM »
Hmmm. Ok. Going to keep refreshing my preorder.

Edit: So it's 11:15 pm here. I'm in central US. Not yet. The fact that it passed 12:00AM on the east coast, this make  me think they will wait for the entire country to have access to it. Meaning...2am is possibility. I'm still holding on to hope that it will release in 40 minutes, but meh. I've been waiting for these two books for 5 years. I can wait another couple of hours.
Edit 2: Looks like we are going with Pacific Standard time for release. Oh well. Just 2 more hours.

Edit 3: 2:03 am. Still do not have access from audible. Going to wait around another 10 minutes, to see if anything chances. Then it's bed time

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 07:04:40 AM by funnyhalo »

Offline count_espire

• Participant
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 08:20:02 PM »
I'm sure you guys already got the audiobooks, but just want to point out what I've noticed.  If you use Audible, tends to release at Midnight in your timezone (Guessing if you are ahead time zone wise than the US, you may not see it until the following day).
Play books on Android tends to release it at midnight Eastern time, and everyone else has access to it at the same time (Im in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, and my book was downloadable at 9pm Monday).
Edmond Dantes:  Never forget that until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words, -- `Wait and hope.