Author Topic: Battle Ground Trailer has dropped  (Read 5029 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Trailer has dropped
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 08:27:11 PM »
What does anyone think of the scene; at 1:04 - 1:05, where Mab is holding a sword?  It looks like she has taken the field, but there are a number of black lines going up on the horizon.  It reminded me of the scene in movie 300; or the Jet Li movie Hero, where a huge numbers of arrows are arcing upwards but will soon descend on the main character. 

Then there's the scene shortly after that; the one where the pupils in Molly's eyes go into a cat slit shape.  What's going on with that?  Is that the moment when she becomes 100% fae?
Who touches Molly at that point and why does their skin change. Is that Harry? And who is the guy Harry hits with some kind of green magic. Does Harry finally nail Rudolph?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 09:15:08 PM »
Who touches Molly at that point and why does their skin change. Is that Harry? And who is the guy Harry hits with some kind of green magic. Does Harry finally nail Rudolph?
I think the guy is Rudolph. And if I remember correctly, the hand on Molly's shoulder is a left hand. And it looks scarred with burns, so I believe it is Harry's.
Maybe in this scene she taps into her mantle's powers to become stronger for the battle, and because of that she becomes more fae. (Mab has the same eyes. ) And the tatoos become white. Maybe because she becomes more wintery.
Or!!! Idea: She creates an illusion to make her look like Mab, maybe as a ruse. A very good illusion including feel, smell, illusion of power and so on.
Could be the Mab with the sword isn't Mab, but Illusion-Molly. Why? No idea, just came to my mind. Maybe to give the real Mab a chance to slip behind the lines unnoticed, because every enemy has only eyes on fake-Mab.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 02:15:46 PM »
I think the guy is Rudolph. And if I remember correctly, the hand on Molly's shoulder is a left hand. And it looks scarred with burns, so I believe it is Harry's.
Maybe in this scene she taps into her mantle's powers to become stronger for the battle, and because of that she becomes more fae. (Mab has the same eyes. ) And the tatoos become white. Maybe because she becomes more wintery.
Or!!! Idea: She creates an illusion to make her look like Mab, maybe as a ruse. A very good illusion including feel, smell, illusion of power and so on.
Could be the Mab with the sword isn't Mab, but Illusion-Molly. Why? No idea, just came to my mind. Maybe to give the real Mab a chance to slip behind the lines unnoticed, because every enemy has only eyes on fake-Mab.

I think the trailer is confusing and possibly misleading, we have to read to connect the dots.  It shows a lot of action, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Harry rallies or tries to, the supernatural types at Mac's place.. Is this the group that doesn't take him seriously and as a result a lot of people die or get hurt?  At another point he is rallying a lot of what looks like a lot of vanilla human types, now what chance do they have?  That might lead to his flash backs of a blood soaked pavement because they did listen.  Between the two trailers Harry seems captured at one point, he is singing the "Spidy" song, another he is flat on the ground with Marcone shaking him because he is the only one who can save them.  The Ethniu is holding up a spear, we know from the cover of the book, Harry at some point has put the knife on end of his staff.. Question if it is that powerful, if Ethniu has managed to get it away from him, how can she be defeated?  Murphy, though she helps when Harry battles the giant squid, she tosses a rope, and shines a flare, but she is hardly mobile yet in the trailer she is able to sit a motorcycle?  And shoulder a bazooka or rocket launcher with an injured shoulder?  Where is Vadderung in all of this?  From Christmas Eve we know that he survives, Harry survives, Michael, Molly, and Mab all survive.. So while the trailer makes it look dire for Harry, he manages somehow to come back and win, but at a great price seemingly.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »
I think the trailer is confusing and possibly misleading, we have to read to connect the dots.  It shows a lot of action, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Harry rallies or tries to, the supernatural types at Mac's place.. Is this the group that doesn't take him seriously and as a result a lot of people die or get hurt?  At another point he is rallying a lot of what looks like a lot of vanilla human types, now what chance do they have?  That might lead to his flash backs of a blood soaked pavement because they did listen.  Between the two trailers Harry seems captured at one point, he is singing the "Spidy" song, another he is flat on the ground with Marcone shaking him because he is the only one who can save them.  The Ethniu is holding up a spear, we know from the cover of the book, Harry at some point has put the knife on end of his staff.. Question if it is that powerful, if Ethniu has managed to get it away from him, how can she be defeated?  Murphy, though she helps when Harry battles the giant squid, she tosses a rope, and shines a flare, but she is hardly mobile yet in the trailer she is able to sit a motorcycle?  And shoulder a bazooka or rocket launcher with an injured shoulder?  Where is Vadderung in all of this?  From Christmas Eve we know that he survives, Harry survives, Michael, Molly, and Mab all survive.. So while the trailer makes it look dire for Harry, he manages somehow to come back and win, but at a great price seemingly.

Spidey bit happened in Peace Talks- it's when he's in the privy shaft

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 05:13:30 PM »
Spidey bit happened in Peace Talks- it's when he's in the privy shaft
Perhaps, but it doesn't read like the trailer showed.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 11:12:22 PM »
I just took a close look at scene where it appears Harry kills someone holding a handgun.  (1:17 in the trailer.)  There has been speculation the person in question is Warden Ramirez.  It's not him.  The person Harry attacks has a full beard and his mustache meets the beard on either side of his chin.  Ramirez has a goatee and his mustache does not extend down to his chin.  Plus, the clothing of the two individuals doesn't match.

I thought it might be Warden Chandler.  The person Harry is blasting appears to be well dressed; something Warden Chandler is known for, and not part of the casually dressed crowd at Mac's.  One alternative is that this individual is a Fomor servitor, but, while I don't recall any physical descriptions of the average servitor, I don't picture any of them having beards.  Plus, don't they usually wear turtleneck sweaters?  So that leads me back to Warden Chandler, but that explanation has another problem.  Warden Chandler is described in Peace Talks has having grown a Freddie Mercury mustache, not a full beard.  However, the facial hair of the actor in the trailer could be a deliberate mismatch in order to prevent someone, like me, from easily figuring out this mystery. 

The lack of a bowler hat does not dissuade me that the individual in question might be Warden Chandler.  If Chandler turned out to be a traitor and was forced to take the field against Harry, he might not want any survivors describe seeing a mysterious man in a bowler hat. 

Detective Rudolph?  Unless he shoots Murphy, I don't think so.  Harry would want Rudolph alive to pay the price of being a dirty cop.  Killing Rudolph causes nothing but problems and it wouldn't take the heat off of Harry or Murphy.   
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 11:19:43 PM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 11:51:28 PM »
Detective Rudolph?  Unless he shoots Murphy, I don't think so.  Harry would want Rudolph alive to pay the price of being a dirty cop.  Killing Rudolph causes nothing but problems and it wouldn't take the heat off of Harry or Murphy.   
He's roaring with fury in that scene according to the subtitles so I don't think he cares too much about the long term implications.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:11:56 AM by TheCuriousFan »
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2020, 03:11:55 AM »
Perhaps, but it doesn't read like the trailer showed.

Trailers aren't that exact. They don't closely gather at a table, either

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2020, 04:38:34 AM »
Trailers aren't that exact. They don't closely gather at a table, either

Exactly, but we should be grateful for what we get taking with a gain of salt.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 04:48:41 AM »
Was Hades wearing a suit in Skin Game?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2020, 01:36:47 PM »
Was Hades wearing a suit in Skin Game?

I can't remember if it said one way or the other.