Author Topic: Battle Ground Trailer has dropped  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Battle Ground Trailer has dropped
« on: September 07, 2020, 05:47:46 PM »
Parts are from Peace Talks but parts seem to show Harry in McAnally’s talking about the apocalypse (Little a) him rallying the citizenry, Murphy firing a rocket launcher, Harry in a blasted pile of bodies with Ethnui holding his staff, which has the Athame attached, creating a skirmish line with Carlos and Eb, the cast includes William Borden (not in PT) and man in the suit (Chandler? William Borden? He has the moustache for Chandler) who Harry defects an attack from(we haven’t been told so spoilers for the book)

Harry and Murphy sitting on a motorbike? Shouldn’t that be incapacitated? Where did they get it. No Knights, no River Shoulders.

https://youtu.be/xKsWndEku2Q
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 06:24:40 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Trailer has dropped
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 07:55:05 PM »
I like it.

Obviously they needed Ethniu's shenanigans from PT, but eh. Looks suitably interesting, even if we'll have to see just how bad Harry's "rally the mortals" plot ends.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:28:29 PM »
Wow!  Did anyone spot where Jim's cameo was?  I think I know, but I'm going to spoiler it so everyone else can look for themselves because maybe you will spot him elsewhere. 
(click to show/hide)

Three weeks and a day to go.  Urghhhhh, too long.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:46:38 PM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:51:40 PM »

So Ethnui gets the spear away from Harry??  Murphy somehow gets a miracle cure if she can shoulder a bazooka and ride a motorcycle when she could hardly move in the first couple of chapters?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 10:00:32 PM »
Cool stuff. The trailers were both so well made, it made me a bit sad, that there are no movies.
Not long now to the book. Oh, this trailer made me want it now.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 10:22:29 PM »
Nice trailer!

Could be that isn't Harry's staff + Athame/Spear of Longinus. It could be Vadderung's spear or even just a spear that she brings with her.

Nice to see Harry goes to Mac's Bar again. Also, clearly Eb and Harry are in the thick of it. And Marcone clearly there at the Climax perhaps. He also has his special gun.

Also I think Priscilla is at Mac's Bar. And I agree, I think Jim is under Ethniu's feet.

Also, Mab is holding the crystal. Perhaps it is after Ethniu is captured?

Also, another reference to elemental chaos/destruction associated with Harry.

There's also two strange scenes that don't make a lot of sense.

One where there is seemingly a cloud of arrows or spikes heading at Mab.

One where Harry appears to blast Hendricks or some other person in a suit with a shotgun.

Also, seems like the scale of burning buildings is too big to cover up or explain away.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 11:28:34 PM »
Nice trailer!

Could be that isn't Harry's staff + Athame/Spear of Longinus. It could be Vadderung's spear or even just a spear that she brings with her.

Nice to see Harry goes to Mac's Bar again. Also, clearly Eb and Harry are in the thick of it. And Marcone clearly there at the Climax perhaps. He also has his special gun.

Also I think Priscilla is at Mac's Bar. And I agree, I think Jim is under Ethniu's feet.

Also, Mab is holding the crystal. Perhaps it is after Ethniu is captured?

Also, another reference to elemental chaos/destruction associated with Harry.

There's also two strange scenes that don't make a lot of sense.

One where there is seemingly a cloud of arrows or spikes heading at Mab.

One where Harry appears to blast Hendricks or some other person in a suit with a shotgun.

Also, seems like the scale of burning buildings is too big to cover up or explain away.
Which goes nicely with Harry explaining in chapter 1 that however this goes the masquerade is pretty much done.

One thing I haven't seen noted is that shot where Ebenezar and Lara? are standing side by side as part of the lineup.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 11:58:43 PM »
Some of the trailer may be deliberately misleading, it is certainly out of context and out of order.

The pile of bodies could be like the scene in Avengers Age of Ultron, a vision or dream or Harry’s Foresight rather than an actual outcome, remember we have not seen anything of the Knights

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 12:44:57 AM »

Hard to say. It doesn't appear rune-carved, and the spearhead seems made for the shaft rather than improvised onto it.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 01:18:12 AM »
Which goes nicely with Harry explaining in chapter 1 that however this goes the masquerade is pretty much done.

One thing I haven't seen noted is that shot where Ebenezar and Lara? are standing side by side as part of the lineup.
Yeah, clearly Harry and Eb (and Eb and Lara) work out their issues - at least temporarily. Although you might notice that Eb was standing next to Lara and Harry was all the way at the other end of the group.

Well, I do hope the masquerade is done. It would add an entirely new element to the series. I feel that will be both more interesting and enjoyable. It's well overdue, at least in my opinion.

Some of the trailer may be deliberately misleading, it is certainly out of context and out of order.

The pile of bodies could be like the scene in Avengers Age of Ultron, a vision or dream or Harry’s Foresight rather than an actual outcome, remember we have not seen anything of the Knights
Oh definitely. Just like the Peace Talks trailer. I have watched both together...and some bits relate to each. Very difficult to work it all out.

I don't think that it is a dream though. Harry is being saved by Marcone at that point - feels like a good drama. Not to mention, we do know there is an extremely high body count. I'd expect Ethniu to do a lot of killing before the book is done.

Hard to say. It doesn't appear rune-carved, and the spearhead seems made for the shaft rather than improvised onto it.
Indeed. Although we have to take into account that the trailer makers had limited resources and everything is meant to just give an indication, and should be taken with a grain of salt. And of course some poetic licence. Still though, it does raise questions.

Also, anyone notice that Will Borden is at Mac's Bar (next to Priscilla)?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 04:15:06 PM »
Half the time Harry is wearing his magic leather overcoat and half the time he is wearing a Warden's cloak I believe or perhaps a new spider silk one.  Did Ramirez get turned into red jam just off camera? Or looking at it several times, was it Harry that turned Carlos into red jam?  Trailers can be deceptive, true enough, but if Harry did do it.. Why? Have we found the real spy who was behind what happened to Thomas?

I don't think that it is a dream though. Harry is being saved by Marcone at that point -

I don't see that as Marcone saving Harry, more like he is trying to wake him up after taking a major blow..  Then again, is that Marcone?  Or Sanya?  He has a sword dangling from his chest as he leans over Harry.

Lots of action, I hope it isn't all KABOOM though because it is going to take brains and detective work as well to defeat the Titian.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:37:29 PM by Mira »

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 12:58:56 AM »
Half the time Harry is wearing his magic leather overcoat and half the time he is wearing a Warden's cloak I believe or perhaps a new spider silk one.  Did Ramirez get turned into red jam just off camera? Or looking at it several times, was it Harry that turned Carlos into red jam?  Trailers can be deceptive, true enough, but if Harry did do it.. Why? Have we found the real spy who was behind what happened to Thomas?

I don't see that as Marcone saving Harry, more like he is trying to wake him up after taking a major blow..  Then again, is that Marcone?  Or Sanya?  He has a sword dangling from his chest as he leans over Harry.

Lots of action, I hope it isn't all KABOOM though because it is going to take brains and detective work as well to defeat the Titian.
Subtitles say it's Marcone.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 01:04:46 AM »
Reading his lips a bit he's trying to get him back in the fight, the only chance they have or some such

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 11:59:06 AM »
Subtitles say it's Marcone.

Okay, didn't read the subtitles, still he has a sword now I think, that doesn't look like a gun.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 06:26:56 PM »
What does anyone think of the scene; at 1:04 - 1:05, where Mab is holding a sword?  It looks like she has taken the field, but there are a number of black lines going up on the horizon.  It reminded me of the scene in movie 300; or the Jet Li movie Hero, where a huge numbers of arrows are arcing upwards but will soon descend on the main character. 

Then there's the scene shortly after that; the one where the pupils in Molly's eyes go into a cat slit shape.  What's going on with that?  Is that the moment when she becomes 100% fae?
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx