Author Topic: White Court Spy And Why Thomas attacked/murdered  (Read 5172 times)

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
White Court Spy And Why Thomas attacked/murdered
« on: September 03, 2020, 11:10:14 PM »
I think Justine's been taken by Nemesis. And using the baby as leverage against Thomas. Thomas tried to warn harry twice about Justine but he misunderstood

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
Re: White Court Spy And Why Thomas attacked/murdered
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 01:18:15 AM »
I disagree slightly … I think Justine has been a Formor spy.  the child rescued in Even hand is possibly her child or a niece.  but she has been controlled the whole time because the Former have leverage over her... in even hand we all assume that Lara knows about the visit to the Former. Why would Lara send her as a emissary. I have to ask myself why did Justine run directly to Marconi rather then the White court. if this had been White court business some one else would of been sent with her.    Justine plays dumb but Marconi  totally sees through it and refers to her as a operative.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 02:09:55 AM »
The OP would explain why Justine is emotionally stable when we learned in Grave Peril that only Thomas kept the voices in her head from overwhelming her self control.  We've never had a satisfactory explanation how Justine made such a miraculous recovery of her mental faculties after her near death experience in Blood Rites.

On the other hand, how was Justine targeted by Nemesis while she was being taken care of; or held as a hostage, depending on how you look at it, at Chateau Raith?  I would guess that Nemesis would have had to target Justine after she left Chateau Raith, but I don't think that would have happened until after Justine recovered and became Lara's personal assistant, and she wouldn't have been able to become Lara's assistant if she still had any problems with voices in her head.  Too many contradictions, but I'm not certain there isn't a logical answer that makes it fit together.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 05:41:06 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 10:56:43 AM »
And also why would Maeve plot how she was going to take her time and infect Justine in Cold Days if she was already infected?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 09:28:36 PM »
The OP would explain why Justine is emotionally stable when we learned in Grave Peril that only Thomas kept the voices in her head from overwhelming her self control.

This is explained in WN; she handles it with medication now.

We've never had a satisfactory explanation how Justine made such a miraculous recovery of her mental faculties after her near death experience in Blood Rites.

Wasn't that just time? Life force/spirit recovers with time.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 03:23:33 AM »
I think it's more recent situation

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 01:12:35 PM »
This leads to the question.

Exactly who are the voices in Justine’s head? We have been led to believe that it is mental illness, but Michael hears voices, and Harry has heard voices and in story they are due to external entities, not mental illness (except once or twice with Harry).

If I remember correctly Justine was hotly contested between the White and Red Courts, could she have been set up as a lure for one or the other? The White Council were aware long before Grave Peril of a possible threat of the Red Court, could she have been set up originally as a White Council spy against Bianca and the Red Court, only to be seduced by Thomas?

Justine was on medication which blocked the voices, she would have come off it during pregnancy,  leaving her susceptible again to them. This was at the same time White Court secrets started to be leaked to the outside.

Is Justine an agent of Martha Liberty and the Merlin (but not Eb, who is shoot first, behead, burn and scatter the ashes at a crossroads before asking questions first). The Merlin is certainly capable of this type of communication. Could the White Council be running two different unrelated operations? Intelligence on Justine and Eb running his own sabotage operation through Thomas to start a war between Lara and Etri?

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
After re-reading Bombshells I realised several important things.

1. Thomas has an unknown mission relating to the Svartalves and Fomor. Justine knows of it but avoids telling Molly.
2. Thomas was captured. Just like in Peace Talks. He is freed by another, although that isn't clear either -possibly Lady Evanna.
3. Perhaps Lara intended Thomas to disrupt the alliance of the Fomor and the Svartalves. However, he would have failed if not for Molly...so it doesn't seem like his real reason. Thomas is normally a more effective agent.
4. Justine also shows off her more clued-in side. She has excellent knowledge of things, far more than just a pretty face.

I felt the background was similar. I am sure there are other hints buried in.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 04:46:07 AM »
If I remember correctly Justine was hotly contested between the White and Red Courts

The impression I always got was that it was specifically her manic state that was the cause, she essentially had 'extra life energy' which I guess vampires could sense (or they just knew that people who are manic do have extra life energy, who knows).

Justine was on medication which blocked the voices, she would have come off it during pregnancy,  leaving her susceptible again to them. This was at the same time White Court secrets started to be leaked to the outside.

If the voices were supernatural, though, I don't think the medication would have done anything. I think the fact that it did help shows that Justine's issues were strictly psychological.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
Seems like a good place to ask this, I only have the audio book atm, so in chapter 8 when Thomas is trying to speak, it sounds like the second time he says "it's" before he can't complete the 'Justine', is this accurate or I'm I just hearing a slur?
@vulture, there's an older theory the reason Justine is the way she is is because she was born a changeling, and that sort of insanity is what Sarrisa's deal with Mab was preventing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:36:50 AM by The_Sibelis »

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 12:00:21 PM »
That is fascinating. If Justine were a changeling that could make her a double or even triple agent. That would add a whole new dimension to her scenes.

I'd have to listen to the audiobook. But I don't believe he says "it's" before...would be interesting if he were trying to warn Harry (as many have speculated).

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »
Seems like a good place to ask this, I only have the audio book atm, so in chapter 8 when Thomas is trying to speak, it sounds like the second time he says "it's" before he can't complete the 'Justine', is this accurate or I'm I just hearing a slur?

The text reads: "Ha'ay." and "Junghg. S'Jnngh."

I think it's probably meant to be "Harry... Justine. It's Justine."

That is fascinating. If Justine were a changeling that could make her a double or even triple agent. That would add a whole new dimension to her scenes.

It wouldn't be the first time. Remember the original triple-agent, the oh-so-forgettable Martin.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 08:20:11 PM »
The text reads: "Ha'ay." and "Junghg. S'Jnngh."

I think it's probably meant to be "Harry... Justine. It's Justine."

Q

Yeah, I still think those words are critical and that Harry was jumping to conclusions about them. I have from the beginning.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 08:26:57 PM »
@vulture, there's an older theory the reason Justine is the way she is is because she was born a changeling, and that sort of insanity is what Sarrisa's deal with Mab was preventing.

I think this still has the same problem... if Justine's issues were not actually a chemical imbalance of the known mundane sort, mundane medication wouldn't work, and she says in WN that it does.

I think Mab was just delaying Sarissa's need to Choose mortal or Fae (she's older than a mortal should be able to be but isn't Fae until the end of CD).

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »
I've been thinking about this. Evanna had the motive and opportunity to put "the whammy" on Thomas.  If I remember correctly she is Etri's sister. We know almost nothing about Svartelf politics or line of sucession.  If  she would be in line to become queen on Etri's death, she would have a very powerful reason to manipulate Thomas into an assassination attempt. It was widely known that Thomas was her lover, and the time alone would be sufficient for her to create a deep seated compulsion to kill Etri. That he failed and killed another was simply bad luck.