Author Topic: Is there any character who didn't show up in PT that you'd like to see in BG?  (Read 3834 times)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
On the other hand, the Forest People have magic of their own, and we don't know much about it. They could be able to open Ways.
They've certainly got the raw power for it, even Irwin as a scion got more raw magical muscle than Harry.
I'm sure Lasciel could teach Hannah Ascher how to open up a portal in no time flat.

We've only seen Ursiel in bestial control mode, but it makes sense that he'd be able to do the same. All of the angels would know enough magic for that, and the genoskwa could do some magic -- at least enough to have a serious veil and some kind of counterspell.
Ursiel could do magic too, he was countering Harry's spells after the first sucker punch back in Death Masks IIRC.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Maybe the worry was that going in a Fallen tinged portal would alert Hades, and having Harry do it made him the fall guy.

Hannah’s talents may not have run to portals, the same with Gen’s raw power isn’t everything.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile

Rashid, know he is busy at the Gates, but I'd like to see Rashid.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
If we see Rashid, I think it means Mab's plan comes to full fruition in Battle Ground -- after the Accords members come together to defeat Ethniu and the fomor attack on Chicago, she rallies them to come to the Outer Gates to help defend reality. (Or at least to see first hand what Winter is facing on their behalf.)

That would be pretty epic, but it seems premature. (And possibly anticlimactic -- without Vanilla Mortals being included, the raw numbers that Accorded Nations other than Winter can bring to the battle will look like a drop in the bucket out there.)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
That is likely the BAT.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Yep. So I'd be surprised if we see Rashid at all in Battle Ground, unless there's an "aftermath" meeting of the White Council at the end of it, where Rashid shows up late to give us one of his special "How do you vote?" "With deliberation." moments.

Offline Direwolf513

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I'm always up for more screen time for the Gatekeeper.

It'd be neat to see how big Toot-Toot has gotten by now.

Regarding the Genoskwa, I hate the thought of him being alive. Harry beat him, fair and square, and to go from flattened into two dimensions to alive and well really does seem like cheating.

Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun. -Ash

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Regarding the Genoskwa, I hate the thought of him being alive. Harry beat him, fair and square, and to go from flattened into two dimensions to alive and well really does seem like cheating.

It does seem really weird, but IMO that's more because of the Hades' vault aspect.

Actually surviving being squished is pretty extreme, but not unprecedented in the series. Any Immortal could do that, but that's arguably not really comparable. Nicodemus could certainly do it. The "uber-ghouls" from WN might well be able to; I don't think any of them were actually confirmed to be killed by anything.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
It's the "nothing left but ketchup" part that troubles me. It doesn't make sense to think it was just an illusion that got splattered, because if the genoskwa was still active at that point, he could have easily killed Harry and gotten all five weapons for the win. So something hinky is going on, but we don't have enough information to narrow it down. (Do all Denarians regenerate even from goo if you don't take the coin?

I don't think all Denarians do, because Kincaid, Harry, and Luccio killed some in SmF and the coins seemed to be "seeking a new owner" afterward.

But given the strength of "life aura" Forest People are shown to have in the Bigfoot stories, regenerating from goo doesn't seem that implausible of an upgrade from what Tessa has been shown to do (when Harry blasts through her with a spell and she survives by dissolving into a swarm of bugs and re-forming).

Offline Direwolf513

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
It does seem really weird, but IMO that's more because of the Hades' vault aspect.

Actually surviving being squished is pretty extreme, but not unprecedented in the series. Any Immortal could do that, but that's arguably not really comparable. Nicodemus could certainly do it. The "uber-ghouls" from WN might well be able to; I don't think any of them were actually confirmed to be killed by anything.

I suppose I meant cheating from a writing standpoint. I'm willing to suspend disbelief to allow for damned near anything in the books as long as there's some framework for it that makes sense - the "fact" of him regenerating, I can deal with. But bringing back the character seems pointless. He wasn't that interesting a character in Skin Game and Harry and Goodman Grey won a pretty decisive victory over him ("splat" is pretty definitive). Having him pop back up just seems kind of lazy to me. I suspect we're going to get a Harry and River Shoulders vs. Genoskwa throw-down which isn't something we needed. Meh.

Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun. -Ash

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
I'm always up for more screen time for the Gatekeeper.

It'd be neat to see how big Toot-Toot has gotten by now.

I agree, especially as the Genoskwa isn't an immortal.  This revival seems like something Cowl could do; seeing as he is a necromancer, but I don't know how he could have done it without getting inside of Hades vault himself.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx