Author Topic: About Bob... (Spoilers All, Spoilers today's AMA)  (Read 6066 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: About Bob... (Spoilers All, Spoilers today's AMA)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2020, 09:58:04 PM »
Bob on evil Bob.
“I know,” I said. “The thing I saw with the Grey Ghost must be the piece that you cut off.” “Right,” he said. “Got it in one.” “Your offspring, one might say.”

Butcher, Jim. Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, Book 13) (p. 196). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
I grunted. “How big?” Bob rolled his eyes. “Do you want me to tell you in archaic measurements or metric?” “Ballpark it.” “Um. A hundred years’ worth of knowledge, maybe?”

Butcher, Jim. Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, Book 13) (p. 196). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
And this is effectively how Bonea must have been made since she seems to have Lash's knowledge but not her personality.  Lash took the hits on the parts that made her, who she was. Given that, one parent could be the Archive, since she is effectively a spirit of intellect, with some small part given to make Bob.  My personal WAG is that Bonea will become the Archive since the Archive, as yet, has no origin story.

While looking this up I ran in some egregious foreshadowing, with Bob saying that anything can be true in the multiverse and that there is almost certainly a Harry out there with an eye patch and a goatee. And we can hope, a hat.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2020, 02:23:40 PM »
Bob on evil Bob.And this is effectively how Bonea must have been made since she seems to have Lash's knowledge but not her personality.  Lash took the hits on the parts that made her, who she was. Given that, one parent could be the Archive, since she is effectively a spirit of intellect, with some small part given to make Bob.  My personal WAG is that Bonea will become the Archive since the Archive, as yet, has no origin story.

While looking this up I ran in some egregious foreshadowing, with Bob saying that anything can be true in the multiverse and that there is almost certainly a Harry out there with an eye patch and a goatee. And we can hope, a hat.
It is hard to say about Bonea as to what her personality is going to be, she is still very young.  She
may end up with Id Harry's personality which might not be an all together good thing.. And she might end up with Lasciel's personality pre-fall or pre-Lash.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »
I think she is probably the first SoI to grown up with a sister (a child herself). I believe that will shape her personality for ever.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2020, 04:44:42 PM »
I think she is probably the first SoI to grown up with a sister (a child herself). I believe that will shape her personality for ever.

I agree, plus we know that Harry has had a positive influence on both her mother and Bob.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2020, 04:50:53 AM »
I thought that was just a side effect of getting all of Susans memories of Harry. Susan loved Harry therefore protection
Lea tried to bargain for Susan's love but that bargain was turned down in favour of memories.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2020, 06:46:07 AM »
All memories of loving Harry, Lea got what she wanted through the backdoor like a crafty Fae.