Author Topic: Will Harry Have to Come Clean?  (Read 16660 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Will Harry Have to Come Clean?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2020, 04:35:42 PM »
You forgot the liberal inbibing of mead, a great sage once said “candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker”.

The mead would be for Carlos, not Freydis.
What was the saying? Something like it increases the desire but is bad for the performance.  :) Better afterwards, you shouldn’t disappoint Freydis, that could be fatal.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2020, 12:56:04 AM »
"the Lance of Longinus" or at least the blade from the lance.

I think that secret is going to come out near the end of the book in spectacular fashion.  Didn't Harry also bring out another item, the placard?  I think those items, or even if Harry only uses one of those items; well, it will make quite a splash in both the Council and the rest of supernatural world.  Even the Senior Council will first wonder how Harry got those items and then have to ask themselves if they want to cross Harry, knowing that he is even scarier than they realized.  I can imagine at least one Senior Council member asking Harry where he got the spear and Harry answering, "I stole it!"  Plus, Harry may have saved the day, so there could be that going for him.

I think the only secret which may cause Harry a big problem is his rescue of Thomas.  To reveal that secret would put Harry on Mr. Etri's s**t list, a place Harry doesn't want to be.  The alternative is to go along with the lie (illusion) that Harry and Lara were seen in flagrante, which will make the Council believe that Lara has her hooks into Harry.

Everything else; the Council doesn't really need to know.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 02:18:32 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2020, 03:20:33 AM »
I think the only secret which may cause Harry a big problem is his rescue of Thomas.  To reveal that secret would put Harry on Mr. Etri's s**t list, a place Harry doesn't want to be.  The alternative is to go along with the lie (illusion) that Harry and Lara were seen in flagrante, which will make the Council believe that Lara has her hooks into Harry.

I'm not sure the Svartalves will be as much of a problem now. It would have been a huge problem if Harry and Lara had been caught. But now that it's done...

It's probably actually better if it does come out, the Wardens & Senior Council thinking that Harry's compromised by the White Court is probably worse for Harry than a Svartalfar vendetta.

Harry was acting as Winter Knight to repay favors from Mab to Lara. So under the Accords he's fine.

If the Svartalfar just try to up and murder the Winter Knight for something he did "in his official capacity", that's an insult to Winter.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2020, 03:32:43 AM »
The only outcome which allows Thomas to walk free from Etri’s wrath is if someone else used Thomas as a cats paw, and Harry can prove it and offer them up instead to placate Etri. That is pretty much Eb or Evanna based on the characters in play with any motivation to injure Thomas.

Harry therefore needs that to become public knowledge, even if it puts Eb at risk, as he might try something similar to get Harry out of the way so he can control Maggie. Eb killed him once already. That confirmed that Eb sees him as expendable. His grandfather or his brother and daughter, no contest.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2020, 03:53:17 AM »
"the Lance of Longinus" or at least the blade from the lance.

I think that secret is going to come out near the end of the book in spectacular fashion.  Didn't Harry also bring out another item, the placard?  I think those items, or even if Harry only uses one of those items; well, it will make quite a splash in both the Council and the rest of supernatural world.  Even the Senior Council will first wonder how Harry got those items and then have to ask themselves if they want to cross Harry, knowing that he is even scarier than they realized.  I can imagine at least one Senior Council member asking Harry where he got the spear and Harry answering, "I stole it!"  Plus, Harry may have saved the day, so there could be that going for him.

Everything else; the Council doesn't really need to know.

Yeah, well, Harry can also tell the Council that he has Thomas in a maximum security prison in solitary until he gets a fair trial.   Let them contemplate that. 8)
The only outcome which allows Thomas to walk free from Etri’s wrath is if someone else used Thomas as a cats paw, and Harry can prove it and offer them up instead to placate Etri. That is pretty much Eb or Evanna based on the characters in play with any motivation to injure Thomas.

I think that is just what he is going to do, however it might be another book or two before he gets around to it and some of us at this rate will never live to see it. ::)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 06:42:24 AM »
In the Murder By The Book Q & A Jim mentioned he might add another book before the BAT to tie up plot lines. So eat healthily, exercise, and wear sunscreen.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2020, 10:51:43 AM »
In the Murder By The Book Q & A Jim mentioned he might add another book before the BAT to tie up plot lines. So eat healthily, exercise, and wear sunscreen.

Old age catches up with the best of us eventually.  Wear your mask, social distance, and wash those hands! ::)

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2020, 02:08:25 PM »
I'm picturing the scene:

Etri: "Why shouldn't I kill you where you stand for robbing me of the justice I was due?"
Harry: "Duty."
Etri: "Oh, that's alright then."

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2020, 02:59:16 PM »
He took Thomas from Marcone’s custody and may have prevented Etri from undertaking an unpardonable injustice in preventing the true guilty party from getting away with it.

As regards Marcone, if I were Harry I would try this argument. “You placed Thomas in the surviving part of my home, which I have never relinquished, and which you were not a guest, and without my permission.  In those circumstances you are not the affronted party, I am under Guest Right.” Do that in front of the Accords powers and it puts Marcone in a very tricky situation.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2020, 04:15:39 PM »
I am not responsible. Ask Lara.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »
Nope he can’t fully shift the blame to Lara, it only absolves Mab, if Harry is incriminated so is Murphy who is not acting under a favour owed to  Mab, and is doing this not under duty or favour.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2020, 05:21:04 PM »
Would love to see Marcone's face when Harry makes that argument.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »
Nope he can’t fully shift the blame to Lara, it only absolves Mab, if Harry is incriminated so is Murphy who is not acting under a favour owed to  Mab, and is doing this not under duty or favour.
Murphy is acting as Harry's retainer. Ask Toot.

And he can point to Mab as well. He is her vassal and she ordered him to obey Lara. He was only doing his duty. Ask Mab.

Basically it is Lara's duty to handle the diplomatic fallout and in the text she recognised that.

If Thomas is truely rescued in the end that will probably happen, Thomas will also support Harry with her. If it is messed up and Thomas is not resqued Lare will seek revenge against Harry.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2020, 06:19:53 PM »
Murphy isn’t Harry’s vassal and that claim would not be accepted.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2020, 06:26:11 PM »
Murphy isn’t Harry’s vassal and that claim would not be accepted.
She is his concubine. What is important is that she acted as Harry’s dependent under Harry’s command. That is enough.
SH[Elaine+++]