Author Topic: [PT Spoilers] Why Wait?  (Read 10093 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: [PT Spoilers] Why Wait?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 06:40:14 PM »

One sneeze and they all will drown in a gigantic puddle of viscus snot...   Then vanish along with the snot...  It will be explained as a freak storm brought on by climate change. ::)

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 07:27:46 PM »
I definitely expect to see Sue, but I doubt even Mab will have planned for that. :)

I'd love to see what happens if Harry uses soulfire to stabilize Sue -- I'm thinking he might get a permanent T-rex mount. I'm suddenly wondering how deep Lake Michigan gets between Chicago and Demonreach...
Harry blows a horn at the shores of the lake for every Wild Hunt...

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 07:39:10 PM »
I did posit the Conjouritis is a deus  ex machina for bringing back Sue, and yes on the Soulfire I had already set that out on another thread, otherwise he has to keep powering up the ectoplasm. Harry does have a penchant for outsize pets. No drummer needed on this incarnation I suspect, not a zombie.

Sadly I don’t think Demonreach has enough Deer to keep Sue fed, so it is probably the Zoo.

And yes there will be footage of Harry riding Sue into battle.

Sue is a female so she should be able to lay clone eggs like the Komodo dragons, which if she has been eating normal matter (fomorians) should be viable non-ectoplasm. Harry puts a bit too much soulfire into Sue she lasts for months, not hours, eventually collapsing into a huge pile of ectoplasm and a viable egg. “Life finds a way” and Little Sue is part of the real world, and is Harry’s third daughter. With Bonea as well  it is going to make “the talk” with Maggie interesting. “When a man loves a half vampire/fallen angel/dinosaur very much......”

Hey Jim has riffed on Star Wars, why not Jurassic Park?

At the very least you will get an urban myth that in times of trouble Sue rises up as protector of Chicago. Being ridden by an tall idiot with a stick.

Come to think of it Bob possessed Zombie Sue at one point, so either he or Bonea could possess Sue this time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:51:07 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
I did posit the Conjouritis is a deus  ex machina for bringing back Sue, and yes on the Soulfire I had already set that out on another thread, otherwise he has to keep powering up the ectoplasm. Harry does have a penchant for outsize pets. No drummer needed on this incarnation I suspect, not a zombie.

It would have to be the soul fire, because a Conjouritis manifestation would disappear in an hour or less.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 09:01:53 PM »
I think we are agreed that the best way of retaining a T-Rex  conjured by a sneeze is through a slice of ones soul.

It will be really, really annoying if Jim passes up this opportunity, and ends up having Harry zipping around Chicago on a bicycle.

Ethnui “look at my pet toad king”

Harry “look at my pet lizard king, oh it’s eaten your pet toad king, bad Sue, oh, Sue’s lifting you up in the air by the leash, it looks like you have been hoist by your own pet toad”

I never apologise for a pun.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 11:25:15 PM »
To create splits in the Accord nations and create defections. They might have been expecting the White Court to join them, or Marcone to withdraw, or Ferro.

Yeah, that's true. They needed a big shift in the political balance of power to get everyone in one place so Ethniu could demonstrate Mab's incapacity to enforce the Accords.

But I guess what I'm wondering is... if they've got someone as powerful as Ethniu on their side, why weren't the Fomor always a major political power?

She has to power Balor’s eye, she might only have a limited number of shots before it has to be recharged, if she had infinite shots she could level Chicago on her own.

Harry seems to think she could (actually, he worries that Ethniu might be able to take on all of humanity).

I think the limitation on the Eye of Balor is going to be "charge-up time". As Harry says to Murphy, mythologically Balor's Eye got more and more deadly as more shields/covers/eyelids (it varies) were removed.

Probably the big tech-hex we saw in PT is the first level. It'll probably get worse, and Harry and the Knights and maybe Eb and some other "heavy-hitters" are going to have to attack Ethniu before she can charge it up to full nuclear-blast level.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 11:36:43 PM »
But I guess what I'm wondering is... if they've got someone as powerful as Ethniu on their side, why weren't the Fomor always a major political power?

Perhaps the mass-kidnapped minor talents were sacrifices to wake Ethniu up?

Offline Logistics515

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 11:51:51 PM »
Ethniu's apparent objective was to rile up mortal humanity. After this is accomplished, they attack any supernatural foe they can find. This could have been done at ant time, but not optimally.

If this was done with the Accords structure in place, there would be the potential for a coordinated response by the various nations. They would presumably go into damage control mode and try to parley the situation. Elements with mortal guises, like Vadderung would be the reasonable starting point. The endgame for the Fomor is not as clear in that situation...especially if the rest of the Accords nations painted a nice big 'kick me here' sign on Fomor strongholds for mortals to punch at.

But if the Accords are killed off, chaos reigns. Everyone is on their own fighting essentially the whole mortal world, and even if a given faction could come to terms (a rather long-term prospect at best with the best contacts in chaos), it would mean little to the overall situation the rest would be in.

Meanwhile, the Fomor have the initiative, and the advantage.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2020, 12:45:09 AM »
It's not clear, yet, what Ethniu's actual objective is, other than discrediting Mab.

The idea that the fomor might just rile up humanity and then retreat back into the sea to laugh while the mortal world panics and hunts down ghouls and vampires is a graphic image that Vadderung and Ferrovax put out there to get the panicking Accords delegates to come together. It's not necessarily Ethniu's plan.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 12:54:45 AM »
It is undermine the defence of the gates, by forcing a split in Mab’s attention.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2020, 01:38:42 AM »
Sure, but is Ethniu's goal to accomplish something on Earth while Mab is distracted by the attack at the Gates? Or is her goal to distract Mab so that the Outsiders can breach the Gates and end reality?

I'm assuming it's the former, but then it's unclear what she actually wants to accomplish.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2020, 02:02:47 AM »
Sure, but is Ethniu's goal to accomplish something on Earth while Mab is distracted by the attack at the Gates? Or is her goal to distract Mab so that the Outsiders can breach the Gates and end reality?

I'm assuming it's the former, but then it's unclear what she actually wants to accomplish.

That is why her Knight is going to defend Chicago, so Mab can be at the Gates.. I also think Titania and Sarrissa will join her there.  Molly might remain in Chicago to help Harry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2020, 02:21:20 AM »
That is why her Knight is going to defend Chicago, so Mab can be at the Gates.. I also think Titania and Sarrissa will join her there.  Molly might remain in Chicago to help Harry.
Molly certainly. Sarissa probably. Titania no.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2020, 03:31:56 AM »
Mab got spanked in front of the Accords.  If she goes to the Gates I'll eat Harrys hat.  She'll be out for blood.

Offline Bacail

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2020, 04:04:23 AM »
  • Mab is at the Outer Gates. Lea is "standing in" for Mab at the Peace Talks, in disguise. (I didn't notice a single mention of Chicago having unseasonably cold weather -- which we've always gotten before, when Mab's in town.)

Ooo, I like this.  Make them overconfident, thinking they put a beat down on Mab, when it's just Lea.  A very Mab-ish plan.