Author Topic: Mantles and death curses  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mantles and death curses
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 09:03:47 PM »
He was supposed to lockdown Mavra’s magic as well.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 09:36:17 PM »
Yeah... and yet, she was still able to veil herself and take incriminating pictures. And mind control a vampire-doppleganger-equivalent through the whole fight.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 10:34:31 PM »
In that fight, they're taking a lot of risks to avoid collateral damage & save the humans captured by the vampires. Eb throwing around power would probably not help that goal.

Sure, Eb could have just flattened the whole building and annihilated everything, but Kincaid could have done that with explosives too.

Eb should know if he's at least heard of a non mortal using a death curse. Alternatively, he should know it's unlikely if he's never even heard of it.

Yeah. I re-read that part, and Eb brings it up in the first place, and acts like Harry should have thought of it already.

I think that implies there isn't a general "only mortal wizards get death curses" rule.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »
A white Court vampire has a soul, if one were a wizard would their death curse include their Hunger?

I don’t really want to know, but I just want to send you all off into paroxysms of theorising. It’s fun to watch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »
A white Court vampire has a soul, if one were a wizard would their death curse include their Hunger?

I don’t really want to know, but I just want to send you all off into paroxysms of theorising. It’s fun to watch.

I believe Margaret figured that out.. She threw her death curse at Lord Raith, though he continues to live, he is starving because she did a number on his Hunger Demon.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2020, 12:32:17 AM »
I am talking about a Whampire with a Wizard level talent, would the Hunger also power the curse?

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2020, 12:50:54 AM »
I am talking about a Whampire with a Wizard level talent, would the Hunger also power the curse?

I don't think we know enough about the nature of the Hunger to tell.

If the Hunger is a spiritual symbiote that dies when the Whampire dies, probably yes.

If the Hunger is a Nevernever spirit that is linked to the mortal world by the Whampire but goes back to the Nevernever when the Whampire dies (in the way a Hexenwolf's rage-spirit or a Denarian's Fallen or the Winter Knight's Mantle don't die when the host dies), then probably not.

If the Hunger is more like a "void" or "emptiness" that the Whampire is drawing on, it might not have the right sort of energy to use this way.

EDIT: Messed up quote tag

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 04:28:03 AM »
If the Hunger is more like a "void" or "emptiness" that the Whampire is drawing on, it might not have the right sort of energy to use this way

Sort of, but that isn't exactly what Harry saw in the soul gaze with Thomas.. However that is what he
felt inside of Lord Raith in Blood Rites.