Author Topic: WHO impregnated Justine?  (Read 3078 times)

Offline ellarite

• Participant
    • View Profile
WHO impregnated Justine?
« on: August 03, 2020, 11:09:19 PM »
It has been established that Thomas and Justine CAN NOT touch without suffering extreme burns.  They even have a third party participate in bed games.

If they must wear gloves to touch each other, I cant imagine a succubus sticking his love stick into a bowl of lava.

AND IF he used a condom, then how did she get pregnant?

Spontaneous WAG:  Eb mind-jacked Thomas and Justine to believe that she is knocked up.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: WHO impregnated Justine?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 11:14:41 PM »
Answer 1: See the end of Ghost Story. Justine's brilliant solution is: She brings home a woman for Thomas. By "cheating" on Justine, Thomas breaks the TrueLove(TM) protection. Then Justine shows the young woman the door and Thomas and Justine have sex, with a very, very quick roll away and absolutely no burst-into-flame cuddling at the end.

Answer 2: Perhaps Etri is the dad? Where were Etri and Justine in Bombshells, while Molly and Andi were cracking the case? Perhaps that was Thomas's motive?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 11:23:41 PM »
Once Justine has been unfaithful, they lose the True Love Protection until they “make up” when it was restored. Their child was conceived in True Love so I doubt it will be a Whamp, it may indeed be feeding on the constantly renewing True Love, making it a Cupid. Pre- destination? Whamps are virtually sterile, they used contraception, and the True Love Protection should kill any hunger infected sperm at conception. That was one hell of a determined hard to kill little swimmer, unless there was divine intervention giving them a hand. I have an image of Uriel brandishing a pin.

Justine is six weeks pregnant,  the timing is all wrong for a Etri based on Bombshells.

Harry really needs to look at Justine through his third eye, it will probably give him a clue to curing Thomas’Hunger.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 11:31:25 PM »
Answer 1: See the end of Ghost Story. Justine's brilliant solution is: She brings home a woman for Thomas. By "cheating" on Justine, Thomas breaks the TrueLove(TM) protection.
I think you got that backwards. Thomas's protection doesn't need to be broken for him to feed. Justine's does for him to feed on Justine.

the True Love Protection should kill any hunger infected sperm at conception.
Maybe they haven't had True Love Protection for a long time? Don't really believe that wag, but wouldn't be surprised by it.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 11:36:13 PM »
I would presume that Thomas and Justine have constantly been negating and restoring True Love Protection. The child is immune.

Offline ellarite

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 11:53:43 PM »
Answer 1: See the end of Ghost Story. Justine's brilliant solution is: She brings home a woman for Thomas. By "cheating" on Justine, Thomas breaks the TrueLove(TM) protection. Then Justine shows the young woman the door and Thomas and Justine have sex, with a very, very quick roll away and absolutely no burst-into-flame cuddling at the end. quote]

Just checked and you're correct.  I misremembered this exchange.  More accurately, I confused it with Thomas gets fed from the third party while Justine gets the sex.  I vaguely remember Thomas saying that Justine became his nutritionist and brought home girls with various personalities that affected his mood.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:56:28 PM by ellarite »

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 01:32:43 AM »
I think you got that backwards. Thomas's protection doesn't need to be broken for him to feed. Justine's does for him to feed on Justine.

I think Thomas cheating breaks the protection on Justine, because it's no longer requited True Love, in some sense. It doesn't quite fit with the mechanical soul-energy version of things Bob describes, but it seems to work. (Mechanical version: Their souls rub together in an intimate, unselfish expression of TrueLove and the mixture in each soul makes the soul-energy poison to WCVs if they try to consume it -- Nothing in that explains mechanistically how one party cheating could "unpoison" the other's soul energy...)

And Thomas having sex with other women means he can eat less of Justine's soul, which is a win for both of them.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 04:18:29 AM »
Palpatine manipulated the midiclorians to create life itself.
"...... Whisper whisper"
What?
"Whisper whisper"
What do you mean it's the wrong story?
"Whisper whisper"
But it's the all hero mythology dammit!

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »
I think Thomas cheating breaks the protection on Justine, because it's no longer requited True Love, in some sense. It doesn't quite fit with the mechanical soul-energy version of things Bob describes, but it seems to work. (Mechanical version: Their souls rub together in an intimate, unselfish expression of TrueLove and the mixture in each soul makes the soul-energy poison to WCVs if they try to consume it -- Nothing in that explains mechanistically how one party cheating could "unpoison" the other's soul energy...)

And Thomas having sex with other women means he can eat less of Justine's soul, which is a win for both of them.

They both have to cheat. Harry is protected after years via Susan, Lara realizes it's been years for *him* as a result.

It means the child was conceived as an act of true love. What that will mean is unclear. Might be why Thomas used protection.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 11:09:43 PM »
Palpatine manipulated the midiclorians to create life itself.
"...... Whisper whisper"
What?
"Whisper whisper"
What do you mean it's the wrong story?
"Whisper whisper"
But it's the all hero mythology dammit!

Finally we have discovered the reason behind Thomas's actions!

Nicodemus: "Tell me Thomas, have you ever heard of the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?"

New Prediction for Battle Grounds Finale:

Harry: "You were my Brother! I Loved You!!!"

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 12:28:15 AM »
My moneys on the Holy Ghost.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 01:55:20 AM »
New Prediction for Battle Grounds Finale:

Harry: "You were my Brother! I Loved You!!!"
Oh I'd love that, except fixed for present tense.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 08:49:12 PM »
I think Thomas cheating breaks the protection on Justine, because it's no longer requited True Love, in some sense.
Then she wouldn't have burned Madeline in Club Zero. There never would have been cause to be all angsty about him being separated from Justine by True Love protection.

Thomas's True Love protection doesn't affect his demon. The only situation in which it might would be if it had been in place when his demon tried to feed on him when he was starving.

Offline spiritofair

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 09:05:35 PM »
I would be completely shocked if Justine's child is not Thomas's. There is really very very little in the books that I saw to lead me to believe Justine is not 100% devoted to Thomas. It would seemingly be a massive departure from her character. Of course that could all be a setup by Butcher, but it just seems really unlikely.

The speculation about the child being different due to being conceived of under the circumstances of True Love is very interesting. I would think that, if there is a twist on this pregnancy/child, it will be in that direction rather than Thomas not being the actual father. But, that's just my opinion.