Author Topic: Peace Talks - BFS Castle continuity issue (possible Mirror, Mirror spoiler?)  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Addicted To Stories

• Participant
    • View Profile
Loved Peace Talks - but there are a few points while reading the book where I said "Wait, what?  That's not right.  That doesn't match up with established Dresden history."

In Peace Talks, Harry stresses the point that this is his first time physically visiting the castle (because he visited it as a spirit in Ghost Story).

"Technically, this wasn’t my first visit to Marcone’s little fortress, but it was the first time I’d done so physically. I’d been dead during the last visit, or mostly dead, or comatose and projecting my spirit there, or something."

But he DID visit the castle - physically - at the end of Skin Game (the last chapter).  He and Molly went there to "discuss" matters with Marcone and Queen Mab. 

"The frown became a scowl. But he stepped aside and let me in. I said, “Thanks,” and headed for the conference room. I knew right where it was. I’d visited when I was a mostly dead ghost. Skaldi hurried to keep up with me. The fact that I already knew where I was going appeared to leave him a little unsettled.

Wizard."

SO - my question once again is - did Dresden forget?  (Because he is an unreliable narrator?)  Or did Butcher forget?  And the proof-reading Betas missed it too?   

OR - is this some sort of history changing/universe changing discrepancy building into Mirror, Mirror?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The plaque is also wrong. I think it says Better Future Society instead of Brighter Future Society, but I could be reversing it. It's discussed in here: https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,53523.0.html.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Exactly. Page 6 , reply #86. Found it during listening to the audio book as a second readthrough.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Perhaps it's not a continuity error, reality disfunction, or massive conspiracy. Perhaps "Brighter Future Society" would have been offensive to some of the Accord members, where "Better" is suitably vague?