Poll

Who is going to die in Battle Ground?

Other (Specify in the thread to have them added)
2 (0.8%)
Harry
1 (0.4%)
Murphy
24 (9.3%)
Thomas
2 (0.8%)
Butters
1 (0.4%)
Sanya
3 (1.2%)
Andi
5 (1.9%)
Marci
8 (3.1%)
Eb
31 (12%)
Listens to Wind
20 (7.8%)
Martha
10 (3.9%)
Cristos
3 (1.2%)
Arthur
2 (0.8%)
Rashid
2 (0.8%)
Ancient Mai
1 (0.4%)
Luccio
5 (1.9%)
Carlos
10 (3.9%)
Wild Bill
11 (4.3%)
Chandler
7 (2.7%)
Yoshimo
8 (3.1%)
Etri
5 (1.9%)
Evanna
6 (2.3%)
Lara
1 (0.4%)
Mac
2 (0.8%)
River Shoulders
4 (1.6%)
Sarissa
0 (0%)
Fix
9 (3.5%)
Ivy
1 (0.4%)
Kincaide
4 (1.6%)
Bob
0 (0%)
Bonnie
0 (0%)
Billy
5 (1.9%)
Georgia
4 (1.6%)
Marcone
0 (0%)
Hendricks
6 (2.3%)
Gard
3 (1.2%)
Goodman
1 (0.4%)
Freydis
6 (2.3%)
Riley
3 (1.2%)
Mike the Mechanic
1 (0.4%)
Artemis Bock
1 (0.4%)
Nick Cristian
1 (0.4%)
Sonar Vadderung
3 (1.2%)
Ferrovax
0 (0%)
Father Forthill
3 (1.2%)
Justine
6 (2.3%)
Sir Stuart Winchester (deader)
0 (0%)
Mortimer Lindquist
2 (0.8%)
Elaine
0 (0%)
Irwin Pounder
1 (0.4%)
Inari Raith
1 (0.4%)
Rawlins
4 (1.6%)
Stallings
5 (1.9%)
Rudolph
10 (3.9%)
Bradley
0 (0%)
Tilly
1 (0.4%)
Toot-Toot
2 (0.8%)
Lacuna
0 (0%)
Uriel
0 (0%)
Tera West
0 (0%)
Erlking
1 (0.4%)
Titania
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]  (Read 14667 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
Of course these universes are completely lost and are just now popping out of existence  :)

Someone has read Arthur C. Clark's "The Nine Billion Names of God."   

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2020, 11:16:05 AM »
Yes but what is ours is one of them?

Online The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2020, 11:43:48 AM »
Alternate worlds not from a different part in the timeline of his world.
I'd agree, but it still does the same thing as messing with time in Endgame. Divergence.. though... If you already know a timeline is going to go dark(as in end) then taking someone fated to die might be different.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:49:46 AM by The_Sibelis »

Online The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »
Alternative Harry was screwing up all these alternative worlds by removing Harry’s from them but not more than if somebody else had killed Harry and made his body disappear. Not like the messing with time screw up, not like swimming against the current.
yessss! This is part of why my theory for mirror mirror involves a sliders/quantum leap style adventure. Getting back to his own timeline may not be enough, he might have to fix every divergence caused by his death and removal..
Though I do ponder the chicken and the egg with MM and our Harry's reality.. to the point I wonder if our Harry didnt exist until MM Harry summoned him into reality from outside, creating the time loop we're actually reading.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2020, 12:00:53 PM »
yessss! This is part of why my theory for mirror mirror involves a sliders/quantum leap style adventure. Getting back to his own timeline may not be enough, he might have to fix every divergence caused by his death and removal..
Though I do ponder the chicken and the egg with MM and our Harry's reality.. to the point I wonder if our Harry didnt exist until MM Harry summoned him into reality from outside, creating the time loop we're actually reading.

Not a loop, I think Jim is an advocate of the Trousers if time theory, that Harry’s nature is as a Starborn/Destroyer is being played out if different legs of the trousers, but evil Harry from the left leg is trying to swap places with good Harry from the right. Evil Harry may have had to abandon his home due to Morgan and the Wardens, and the deterioration of his world, the pandemics and endless winters, the Red Court  etc, etc caused by Harry not doing the right thing.

Offline Logistics515

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2020, 12:27:26 PM »

That actually plays rather well with an idea I've had for time travel in the series before.

Remember "Unconscious Mind" Harry who first shows up in Fool Moon? I think that's really Future Harry who is mucking with time in some fashion. He nudges Present Harry down a slightly different path, and each time he nudges, he tends to pick up a new ally for his trouble.

If I combined this with your thought that would give a more solid motivation for mucking with time - not changing it, but restoring it in a stable loop.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2020, 12:30:19 PM »
Yes but what is ours is one of them?

I'm referring to the last line of the short story, it is about God and all of the names He has.  These monks were trying to come up with all of His names.  When they came up with the final one, the stars began to go out one by one..

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2020, 01:00:30 PM »
Empty Night, yes I am familiar with the story.

Online The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
Not a loop, I think Jim is an advocate of the Trousers if time theory, that Harry’s nature is as a Starborn/Destroyer is being played out if different legs of the trousers, but evil Harry from the left leg is trying to swap places with good Harry from the right. Evil Harry may have had to abandon his home due to Morgan and the Wardens, and the deterioration of his world, the pandemics and endless winters, the Red Court  etc, etc caused by Harry not doing the right thing.
oh it's a loop alright. Conservation of history, things keep happening. Everything keeps happening..

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »
oh it's a loop alright. Conservation of history, things keep happening. Everything keeps happening..

No one ever learns... My fear is Mirror Mirror will be the biggest disappointment of the entire series, simply because it seems to be the answer or question for everything..  For a few years now people are saying how it will take Harry in this direction or that, and we have no clue yet where this book will take him or the next.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2020, 10:41:09 PM »
What Mirror, Mirror should be is Harry’s It’s A Wonderful Life, that the decisions he has been making are the correct ones, and what’s the bet that Uriel simultaneously exists across all realities (and able to do nothing in virtually all of them) and acts as the role of Clarence to Harry. This might suggest Mirror, Mirror takes place on Christmas Day, after the events of Christmas Eve, which I believe would be the earliest it could take place.

The result would be a more confident, energised Id type Harry. With perhaps the recovery of ‘lost’ people like Morgan or Susan to make the best of both worlds, just as Armageddon is about to break loose on our world.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2020, 10:49:41 PM »
Given what Jim has said the book has very little connection to that episode.  It sounds more like the City On The Edge Of Forever rather than Mirror, Mirror.  I have two expectations for it.  Evil Harry will wear a hat and he will have a goatee.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2020, 11:08:32 PM »
Given what Jim has said the book has very little connection to that episode.  It sounds more like the City On The Edge Of Forever rather than Mirror, Mirror.  I have two expectations for it.  Evil Harry will wear a hat and he will have a goatee.

You mean Evil Harry has kidnapped youngest Gruff? Diabolical.

I expect MM to occur after Christmas Eve, a lot of people expect him to get pulled into the Mirror world at the end of BG, but that would be unprecedented, the books do not immediately lead on from each other (PT/BG exception, because it is a single book), and Harry needs to wallow in the survivor guilt.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2020, 12:09:28 AM »
Changes and Cold Days. There is no elapsed time for Harry.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2020, 12:41:31 AM »
Harry was lying in a cave for six months prior to Ghost Story, after Changes,  then had a couple of months rehabilitation from the end of Ghost Story to Cold days.

Plenty of elapsed time and a whole book in between.