Author Topic: Peace Talks Thoughts [SPOILERS]  (Read 4511 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Thoughts [SPOILERS]
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 10:55:58 PM »
Jim calls it out when he has Harry slow up for Carlos and Freydis slow down for Murphy. And very pointedly says that Carlos is in danger because he looks like prey.  And Martha Liberty is in a cast.  In a fight they die first. Particularly in the kind of fights Harry gets into.  I'm missing the cunning strategy here.  What's really amusing is that everybody talks about Murphy and Carlos gets a pass. Now on to the baby.
"Let me guess," I said. "The first feeding is lethal."

"Always," Thomas said.
This is fairly straight forward unless there is some way to read first feeding like it isn't really a first feeding, vampire style. This is pretty cut and dry for Jim.  Normally he weasels better.  It's sloppy. It won't keep me from getting the Kindle version and the audio book of Battle Ground.  But it is what it is.

@Dina
I quit reading X-Men while they were still wearing the yellow uniforms. When I next looked in in Logan he had lost his mind.  Excellent movie by the way.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 11:03:46 PM »
@morriswalters: Xavier was a cripple when they wore the yellow and blue uniforms, so my example remains. He can't walk but he is super powerful.

Ramirez can still give commands to his team and cast. He looks like prey but we have seen Harry very hurt and still be a dangerous combatant. (And Martha is a High Council one. Don't dismiss her so easily)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 01:36:36 PM »
Y'know, I was just thinking... Could a baby Wampire feed on Justine while the child is being carried?

After all, she should still be protected as long as her last partner was Thomas, right? The baby's Hunger might get smothered in the metaphorical crib.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
This is fairly straight forward unless there is some way to read first feeding like it isn't really a first feeding, vampire style. This is pretty cut and dry for Jim.  Normally he weasels better.  It's sloppy. It won't keep me from getting the Kindle version and the audio book of Battle Ground.  But it is what it is.

The first lethal feeding that really awakens and gets the Hunger Demon going happens at puberty unless true love burns it out... See Blood Rites.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2020, 02:17:04 PM »
You should put the summoning circle in the continuity errors thread.
someone pointed out years ago now(cannot remember who) that his circle actually changes from copper to bronze and back to copper before he ever had it upgraded. So yea, something's off about that..

Offline Mercutio

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
Inari went after Harry without knowing what was happening, so she (and other nascent Whampires) are still driven to feed before the Hunger reaches critical mass at the (ahem) culmination of the first sex act.  In the Bigfoot shorts the college whampire WAS feeding on River Shoulders kid, the kid (I forget both their names, sorry) was just too damn strong to die. 

So a larval Hunger is still driven too and actively eats, it just doesn't give all the perks/pitfalls until the Hunger gets it's first kill.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 05:00:48 PM by Mercutio »
"Damn I meant to roll a Monk."

Offline Mercutio

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2020, 05:11:59 PM »
someone pointed out years ago now(cannot remember who) that his circle actually changes from copper to bronze and back to copper before he ever had it upgraded. So yea, something's off about that..

A somewhat cheap fix/Retcon (edit: or explanation) is the fact that these books are sometimes considered (or speculated to be in the forums) his journals written after the fact in the tradition starting all the way back with Merlin.  Harry could simply be remembering things wrong...

Oooorrrrrr... he may not have thrown the old circle away, I still have my old laptop sitting in a corner right now, I didn't just throw it away when I got this computer.  I do need to look up some things though, like if his circle was embedded in the floor...

Edit: He did refer to it as his OLD summoning circle, and keep in mind that while it's been 10 years since he had the appartment to us, for him it's been ... 2, 3 years?  My copy of Changes is a hardcopy and buried somewhere so I can't check that as easily as my kindle
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 05:25:47 PM by Mercutio »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2020, 08:13:50 PM »
Inari went after Harry without knowing what was happening, so she (and other nascent Whampires) are still driven to feed before the Hunger reaches critical mass at the (ahem) culmination of the first sex act.  In the Bigfoot shorts the college whampire WAS feeding on River Shoulders kid, the kid (I forget both their names, sorry) was just too damn strong to die. 

So a larval Hunger is still driven too and actively eats, it just doesn't give all the perks/pitfalls until the Hunger gets it's first kill.

I don't think Inari could help it, it may even coexist when she menstruates for the first time.  When she menstruates her body is able to reproduce..  Now there are a number of reasons why sex at that age may not be a good thing, but I doubt the Hunger takes that into account.  Hormones start firing and in White Court vamps it triggers the seduction urge big time.  The first time this happens the host is more or less at it's mercy, Lord Raith knows that, that is why he sent Inari to Harry.  To seduce him, have uncontrolled sex which would lead to his death and the full awakening of her Hunger..

Offline Mercutio

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 03:52:55 AM »
  I don't think Inari could help it, it may even coexist when she menstruates for the first time.  When she menstruates her body is able to reproduce..  Now there are a number of reasons why sex at that age may not be a good thing, but I doubt the Hunger takes that into account.  Hormones start firing and in White Court vamps it triggers the seduction urge big time.  The first time this happens the host is more or less at it's mercy, Lord Raith knows that, that is why he sent Inari to Harry.  To seduce him, have uncontrolled sex which would lead to his death and the full awakening of her Hunger..

I was just noting two separate instances of Hungers that weren't fully manifested being able to feed without killing the victims, when I read the initail post I somehow missed a LOT of things that were written, I was kinda distracted at the time... 

Looking at it now I'm kinda befuddled on how I came to some of the conclusions I made about the conclusions they made... and then I compounded it with my next post where I stated almost word for word part of what they said about the old copper circle... (Although I do stand by the possibility of it being a spare if there is no evidence of it being actually set into the stone somehow.)

Jeeze I leave the forums for 6 years... come back... and this is how I say hello after all this time.  :-\

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 06:21:13 AM »
Jeeze I leave the forums for 6 years... come back... and this is how I say hello after all this time.  :-\
Who cares? The important thing is that you are back. Just join the fun and don't worry  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)