Author Topic: What is Lara's problem? [PT Spoilers!]  (Read 18953 times)

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: What is Lara's problem? [PT Spoilers!]
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »
From a, I want that man to be my man, point of view, that he has with his own free will become someone else's man does not make it any better (I think)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2020, 11:41:24 PM »
I did get it when reading the book but I actually found it weird. Specially because Goldilocks is not strictly a fairy tale, which would have been more understandable coming from Mab.
I've always thought of it as a fairy tale. I think that's a common perspective.
"Goldilocks and the Three Bears" (originally titled "The Story of the Three Bears") is a British 19th-century fairy tale of which three versions exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldilocks_and_the_Three_Bears. I've never thought of them as fairies, fae, small folk, or elves. I wouldn't have really thought of the billy goats gruff as fairies either. Now we have to consider talking bears that like porridge and have furniture into our "theories."

I think Lara’s problem is that she desperately wants to be a mother, but I suspect female Whamps are even less fertile than the males, and the two men she would consider as father material are the two men who won’t sleep with her.
+1

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2020, 12:40:09 AM »
Yep, with "strictly a fairy tale" I meant that there is not an actual fairy present in the story.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)