Author Topic: Peace Talks trailer for Battle Ground  (Read 1227 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Peace Talks trailer for Battle Ground
« on: July 20, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »
I just watched the Peace Talks trailer again.  Priscilla said some of the scenes refer to events in Battle Ground.   

• There's Harry and Marcone getting dressed and Gentleman Johnny is telling Harry that Mab won't protect him.  I would have loved to see Harry reply,  "And she won't protect you, either."  In any case, those two don't look like they will be getting along very well anytime soon.
  • Harry's wearing a grey cloak.  He almost looks like he praying, but I doubt it.  That scene is so vague, it might not have anything to do with Battle Ground.
  • Harry is lifting up his staff to defend himself and is thrown into a different room, almost like he was sent to another dimension or summoned to a different location.  Maybe that's the end of the book when Harry will be sent to the Mirror Mirror world.  (If that happens at the end of the novel.)
  • Molly is touching something invisible that reacts like water.
  • A voice; that doesn't sound like Ebenezer or Marcone, tells Harry, "Your choices have made you an outlier."  Did Ebenezer say that to Harry in PT?  I read the book so fast I already have to do a slower reread.

If you see anything else or have a guess as to what any of it means, feel free to let us know.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks trailer for Battle Ground
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 03:29:46 AM »
Harry is lifting up his staff to defend himself and is thrown into a different room, almost like he was sent to another dimension or summoned to a different location.  Maybe that's the end of the book when Harry will be sent to the Mirror Mirror world.  (If that happens at the end of the novel.)

No, unless he doesn't stay there long because Christmas Eve takes place after Battle Ground.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks trailer for Battle Ground
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 08:25:58 AM »
  • A voice; that doesn't sound like Ebenezer or Marcone, tells Harry, "Your choices have made you an outlier."  Did Ebenezer say that to Harry in PT?  I read the book so fast I already have to do a slower reread.

Yes, Eb said that:

“The problem is that trust is getting harder and harder to come by in the White Council,” Ebenezar said. “Your choices have made you an outlier. Suspicion naturally falls upon someone in your position in times of strain.”

Butcher, Jim. Peace Talks (Dresden Files) (p. 26). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.