Author Topic: why little or no ivy  (Read 7906 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Re: why little or no ivy
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 11:23:27 PM »
I agree, it was far more important that we establish that Butter's is a Super Badass Harem Protagonist™ then have any scenes where Harry actually interacts with the various characters at the Peace Talks, that was central to the Narrative and could in no way be cut.

A bit harsh, but maybe not inaccurate.  I'm going to start a new thread, right after posting this.  The topic will be PT - What did you like?  What didn't you like?  (Other than cutting the story in two.  I believe that subject is already being handled in a different thread.) Also, were you expecting something that you didn't get or get? 
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 12:19:04 AM »
I agree, it was far more important that we establish that Butter's is a Super Badass Harem Protagonist™ then have any scenes where Harry actually interacts with the various characters at the Peace Talks, that was central to the Narrative and could in no way be cut.
Well there were a lot of theories about Marci, so keeping her presence in our awareness might be relevant.  And if she suits up in BG, it might be relevant, if only because some of the other Alphas have been decreasing in presence due to kids and whatnot.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 12:20:42 AM »
Butters of course uses his newfound super suave to ensnare the Titan in his sexual shenanigans, whilst Harry gets the blood and summons it to Demonreach.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 12:23:50 AM »
Oh god, I just had the thought that Butters gave Bob a ride along to his mothers holiday spread. Bob’s personality is influenced by whoever is holding the Skull, but what if it also works the other way following a ride Along?

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 02:15:41 AM »
Well there were a lot of theories about Marci, so keeping her presence in our awareness might be relevant.  And if she suits up in BG, it might be relevant, if only because some of the other Alphas have been decreasing in presence due to kids and whatnot.
Surely boinking a Knight of the Cross is enough to put many of those theories in jeopardy.  I would hope Uriel would give Butters a heads up before making poor readers visualize Mavra that way.    :P
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline wildone654

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 02:22:51 AM »

+1

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 01:19:06 PM »
Don't forget that Peace Talks is basically half a story.

You wouldn't stop half-way through Proven Guilty and gripe that Molly hasn't gotten enough screentime, would you?
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 07:56:52 PM »
Don't forget that Peace Talks is basically half a story.

You wouldn't stop half-way through Proven Guilty and gripe that Molly hasn't gotten enough screentime, would you?
Honestly?  We would have if it'd been split into two books.  :P

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2020, 12:35:56 PM »
Other than a few Mainstays most of the signatories didn't really show themselves it seemed to me.

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2020, 03:14:45 PM »
I think we saw most of the big powers.  I'm not sure just how many more there are. 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »
The Ukrainian shapeshifter wasn’t there.....or was he?

The Red Court wasn’t there, they had a prior appointment with an extinction level event.

The Denarians weren’t there they left the Accords before they got thrown out, for being bad eggs.

If the battle against the Titan is adjudged to be a success you might get new members coming forward, not just the Bigfeet, but likely what is left of the Twyleth Teg. The Knights of the Cross could join if this is becoming an alliance against Nemesis. Good god the Erl King could decide to join having missed out on such a wonderful fight. The LaChaise Clan are out.

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »
But I'm not sure how many big powers weren't represented.  We know there are another three or four vampire courts, and smaller mythological courts like Twyleth, but I don't know that they'd be considered big powers.  Likewise, we don't know if there are other big powers that aren't members of the accords and therefore wouldn't be there.  Hades is a big name, but is he a member? 

I would imagine the LaChaise Clan is the smallest member present, and likely there for a betrayal.  But there's probably a bunch like River's people who are already members but don't get involved unless they're directly impacted.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2020, 06:59:04 PM »
Lots of things weren't there. I don't think this was really a meeting of the Supernatural World Powers. I think this was everyone who would accept Baron Marcone's invitation to discuss the Fomor problem in Chicago.

We didn't see the black or jade court, or in fact any Asian or African power at all. Are we supposed to believe that there aren't any supernatural nations in the rest of the world?

Out of the twenty Freeholding Lords under the Accords (per White Night), we just get three -- Marcone, Ferrovax, and Vadderung. No second dragon. No Drakul. No Ukrainian shapeshifter.

Even the powers that did show made a fairly mild showing, for the most part -- Lara came with one valkyrie and five guards. No siblings or cousins. Etri and Evanna came with five guards. Sarissa and Fix came with a few sidhe -- no Eldest Gruff, no Erlking. If you discount the sidhe musicians and einherjar serving drinks, the White Council was the largest single faction with four Senior Councilors and five Wardens.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2020, 07:34:12 PM »
Have you considered that the no shows were largely tipped off not to attend because their sympathies lay with the Fomor?, the LaChaise clan too small and not important enough to tip off, besides they are Ghouls, expendable rent a muscle. Some wouldn’t attend as a snub to Marcone, or for a host of other reasons. Not all powers or nations in the Supernatural world are members of the Accords, it’s a bit like NATO

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »
Have you considered that the no shows were largely tipped off not to attend because their sympathies lay with the Fomor?, the LaChaise clan too small and not important enough to tip off, besides they are Ghouls, expendable rent a muscle. Some wouldn’t attend as a snub to Marcone, or for a host of other reasons. Not all powers or nations in the Supernatural world are members of the Accords, it’s a bit like NATO
Seems more likely that it was a regional thing.  Rivers was there because it's in his region and wanted to show interest in the accords. Ferro has some tie to the region because he was invited along with other locals to Bianca's party.  LaChaise has interests in the region (South more than Midwest but still fairly close).  Vadderung stays involved and sponsored Marcone.  And the Sidhe because it's their party.