Author Topic: Mab, So Who. . .?  (Read 5626 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Mab, So Who. . .?
« on: July 18, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »

Interesting things Corb said to Mab,

"Old woman," Corb taunted."I remember you as a bawling brat.  I remember your pimply face when you rode with the Conqueror.  I remember how you wept when Merlin cast you out."

So, did young Mab ride with William the Conqueror?  Is that the Conqueror he was referring to? Were they lovers?  Was there a White Council even then?  Was it the White Council that Merlin cast her out of?  Was Mab very much like Molly back then?  A young somewhat powerful young wizard that stepped out of line?  Actually not too much unlike Harry as well.  Was the Conqueror the father of her daughters?  Did her faults as a young wizard lead to her ending up with the Winter Lady's mantle very much like Molly?

I am also thinking of a very poignant scene in many ways, when Harry summons Molly with a simple summoning circle and because she is no longer fully human she cannot just walk out of it until Harry breaks the circle.  Harry mentions at the time a certain tone in some of her words that gave him chills, I am thinking a hint of Mab..  So to me the scene was very poignant because this is how Mab very well could have been in the beginning until a thousand years or more of being Lady and Queen turned her into the Fae Queen we see today.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 03:02:05 PM by Mira »

Offline kripplin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Mab, So Who. . .?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »
At some point Titania and Mab will replace the fairy Grandmothers. Then Molly and Sarissa would become the queens.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 03:03:30 PM »
At some point Titania and Mab will replace the fairy Grandmothers. Then Molly and Sarissa would become the queens.

That is a given, what I find interesting is how Mab was shaped, she wasn't always the cold Winter Queen we see today.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »
That is a given, what I find interesting is how Mab was shaped, she wasn't always the cold Winter Queen we see today.
People do change :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
Mab fits the bill for being, Nimue the Lady of the Lake, Merlin’s love interest, and the one who inprisoned him in a rock for all time (the English Prisoner?). Her Samite cladded arm gave Excalibur to Arthur.

No wonder she was able to recover Harry from Lake Michigan.

I think at this time she was the Winter Lady, rather than Queen.

Offline TinyMouse

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 04:11:50 PM »
Speaking of the Summer/Winter courts... anybody want to take bets on Murphy becoming the Summer Knight? That would be kind of epic... and in line with past Dresden/Murphy relationship hurdles.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »
Speaking of the Summer/Winter courts... anybody want to take bets on Murphy becoming the Summer Knight? That would be kind of epic... and in line with past Dresden/Murphy relationship hurdles.

I don't think so.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 05:14:00 PM »
Maeve and Sarissa's father probably wasn't the Conqueror, whoever they are.

Can we get a break down of the biological relationships between the various Fae Queens we have seen on screen?
Of particular interest – Maeve and Sarissa, were they actually Mab’s kids (biological sense)? If so, who was Mab’s baby daddy?

Mab and Titania are actual twin sisters.
Maeve and Sarissa were twin sisters, from Mab. Their father was an Austrian composer and musician who died young.
If we're gonna go for someone famous for their father, my money is on Mozart.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 06:04:25 PM »
Maeve and Sarissa's father probably wasn't the Conqueror, whoever they are.
If we're gonna go for someone famous for their father, my money is on Mozart.

I think that one has been around for a long time, maybe it was Bach?

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 06:06:41 PM »
  I think that one has been around for a long time, maybe it was Bach?
Bach was German.  Mozart was Austrian and died in his forties.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 06:16:05 PM »
Bach was German.  Mozart was Austrian and died in his forties.
  I think Mozart was 35 when he died... 

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 06:16:36 PM »
I'm 99% certain we determined it was Schubert.

Edit:
As in the guy who died at 31 after composing Winterreise.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:19:42 PM by Grifter »

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »
  I think Mozart was 35 when he died...
Ah, algebra has made me a fool once again.  My mistake, thanks.

I'm 99% certain we determined it was Schubert.

Edit:
As in the guy who died at 31 after composing Winterreise.
Also a strong possibility, but that would put Maeve a few decades younger. 
Wasn't there something like a century of backlog that Molly was having to get through?  It would put Maeve as having slacked off for half her life.

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »
Also a strong possibility, but that would put Maeve a few decades younger. 
Wasn't there something like a century of backlog that Molly was having to get through?  It would put Maeve as having slacked off for half her life.
Schubert has been name-dropped in the series (Dead Beat), wrote Erlkonig, and went kind of crazy in his last years (as attributed in modern times to syphilis but believed to be typhoid fever at the time) as he wrote Winterreise, a haunting cycle about lost love, snow, ice, frozen tears, the cold of winter, and death.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2020, 07:38:31 PM »
Schubert has been name-dropped in the series (Dead Beat), wrote Erlkonig, and went kind of crazy in his last years (as attributed in modern times to syphilis but believed to be typhoid fever at the time) as he wrote Winterreise, a haunting cycle about lost love, snow, ice, frozen tears, the cold of winter, and death.

Sadly he was only 31 when he died...  You think he caught his illness from Mab?