Author Topic: And Amoracchius goes to... [Peace Talks Spoilers, Battle Ground Speculation]  (Read 9018 times)

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I know some folks think Harry is going to take up Amoracchius.  Others think Thomas will.  But what about in Battle Ground?  Thomas isn't likely to bounce back in a couple of hours, and Harry has the athame to use, so doubling up with Amoracchius seems unlikely to me.

So who else might wield it, if only for a night?  I know no-on has to, but let's speculate on the idea that it's in town and they're going to need all the help they can get.

Michael is heavily injured.  Murphy is heavily injured and also she'd probably be terrified. Daniel is living elsewhere so no second generation from him, and the other Carpenter kids haven't been foreshadowed for any action.

Charity maybe? Probably not Forthill.

Mac?

Marcone?

Imagine a scene where Harry's brought Amoracchius to the battle prep and left it laying on a table, and Marcone touches the hilt absently while explaining to Harry that all he wants is to protect the people in Chicago, and a faint glow emanates from the sheeth?

:o

What other mortals are around that might take it up? Rawlins? Stallings? Rudolph?  Mike the Mechanic?  Agent Tilly?

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
IA investigator short and broad. Why does IA have the case? Divine intervention.

Only things missing for plausibility are:

1) Knowing how to use a sword- and all that takes is Murphy mentioning training with him
2) Mention of pronounced religiosity.

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
IA investigator short and broad. Why does IA have the case? Divine intervention.

Only things missing for plausibility are:

1) Knowing how to use a sword- and all that takes is Murphy mentioning training with him
2) Mention of pronounced religiosity.
I'm not sure pronounced religiosity is a requirement, seeing as the standards seem to be "decent person doing good".

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Amorrachius seems more scarcely used.

One assumes love is a harder concept to find an embodiment for- Michael's embrace of traditional charity via religion- love for fellow man- is probably his foot in the door.

An uber-Catholic cop in Chicago, that loves the people of his city as a defining trait, is not an impossible trope to call on- and Butcher loves putting his own stamp on traditional tropes.

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I could buy that. But is a short scene at the beginning of the book enough of an intro for someone that would be taking up the sword permanently based on their love for duty and city? 

Still, the Love aspect needing to be relevant is important.  And Murphy being in True Love is the only thing...

Wait a minute.

This book was the most we ever saw of Lara being human-adjacent and loving/caring.  Is it possible that *she* could take up the sword, if only for one night?  Love for a child made Susan worthy for a night. Lara feeling the love for Thomas and being in a self-sacrificing mood might do it.

And can you imagine the scene where Eb sees a wamp queen take up a Sword of the Cross?  :o

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I could buy that. But is a short scene at the beginning of the book enough of an intro for someone that would be taking up the sword permanently based on their love for duty and city? 

Still, the Love aspect needing to be relevant is important.  And Murphy being in True Love is the only thing...

Wait a minute.

This book was the most we ever saw of Lara being human-adjacent and loving/caring.  Is it possible that *she* could take up the sword, if only for one night?  Love for a child made Susan worthy for a night. Lara feeling the love for Thomas and being in a self-sacrificing mood might do it.

And can you imagine the scene where Eb sees a wamp queen take up a Sword of the Cross?  :o

As good a guess as any.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Could Lara be trusted with a sword, though, even just for the night?

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Could Lara be trusted with a sword, though, even just for the night?
Any more or less than Murphy?

Maybe to a point.  Anyone who really understands love, right?  Maybe not passionate love, but sibling love? 

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Definitely less than Murphy.

Murphy made a sword vulnerable by mistake.

Lara has extremely strong motives to want to see the Sword of Love destroyed on purpose. Love is the White Court's Bane -- their kryptonite. Putting the ruler of the White Court in a position to destroy one of the greatest weapons against her and her court is a big, big temptation.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I'm not sure pronounced religiosity is a requirement, seeing as the standards seem to be "decent person doing good".

Yeah, supposedly Sanya is an atheist.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Sanya believes in Hope as a former Denarian

Butters believes in Faith his succession of carreers to make the world better

Michael believes in Love, of god, his fellow man and his wife and family

Thomas has real painful experience of True Love

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I do think Thomas will *eventually* take up the sword, but I'm not sure he's ready yet, although...

One of the theories of the English Prisoner is that he's Arthur, and it's believed that Amoracchius was Excalibur. And it seems like Harry set it up so Thomas and the English Prisoner could talk, in a place where not even Anduriel can listen in.

Perhaps one of them (Arthur or Thomas) will be taking up Excalibur soon.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Does it have to be a fully human mortal?

In Skin Game, we saw Nic giving a coin to Blood on His Soul (aka the Genoskwa) and offering one to Grey.

Could River Shoulders take up the sword for a bit?

Offline Eleyctra

• Posty McPostington
  • A humble artist
    • View Profile
Why not Goodman Grey? We don't know his full motives, but he has stated doing things for a 'good cause'.

Does it have to be a fully human mortal?

In Skin Game, we saw Nic giving a coin to Blood on His Soul (aka the Genoskwa) and offering one to Grey.

Could River Shoulders take up the sword for a bit?

Now I'm imagining bigfoot wielding a glowing toothpick.  :o
The written word stands between memory & oblivion.Without books as our anchors,we're cast adrift,neither teaching nor learning.They're windows on the past,mirrors on the present,& prisms reflecting possible futures.Books are lighthouses erected in the dark sea of time.
Jeffery Robbins-Gargoyles S2E4

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
It would look like one of those plastic cocktail swords in his hands. My guess is that River is going to play a role shielding Harry whilst he gets in close.