Author Topic: Battle Ground Resources [Peace Talks Spoilers]  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Battle Ground Resources [Peace Talks Spoilers]
« on: July 17, 2020, 04:23:57 AM »
Who is fighting for who in Battle Ground?

Team Chicago vs Team Soggy Bottom

Team Chicago
Harry Dresden
Two Knights of the Cross/Sword (and maybe Michael? Can't see him sitting things out)
Marcone's organization
500+ Einherjaren mercenaries
Svartalf warriors and gear
White Court Raith family members and local resources
Paranet resources
Summer Fae (primarily communications)
Winter Fae (maybe the troops Molly mentioned, if Mab doesn't override her)
Local Ways locked down (Ferro/Vadderung)
Four Senior Wizards (one of which is injured already)
Four Wardens (one of which isn't much of a combatant)
Compliment of White Council Wardens (en route)
River Shoulders and his people
Alphas

Likely/Possible to join Team Chicago
Erlking and some goblins
Wild Hunt
Special Investigations/Police
Ivy
National Guard/FBI/NSA/CIA/MI6/DHS/National Archives
Goodman Grey

Team Soggy Bottom
Ethniu
Fomor royals and troops
Turtlenecks

Likely/Possible to Join Team Soggy Bottom
LaChaise Clan ghouls
Black Council
Outsider troops
White Court traitors? (Skavis/Malvora rebels)
Black Court
Mavra
Kincaid
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:19:48 AM by Grifter »

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Resources [Peace Talks Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 04:29:29 AM »
Didn't they say more Wardens were on the way?

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 04:31:38 AM »
Didn't they say more Wardens were on the way?
I'm not sure what a compliment of Wardens would be exactly but I'll add it, and River Shoulders' group too.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 05:09:47 AM »

Where is the Merlin?  Where is Ancient Mae?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 05:15:04 AM »
  Where is the Merlin?  Where is Ancient Mae?
If you contact the nice lady at the reception desk she will tell you to come back during official visiting hours, they are sleeping.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 06:41:36 AM »
Who is fighting for who in Battle Ground?

Team Chicago vs Team Soggy Bottom

Team Chicago
Harry Dresden
Two Knights of the Cross/Sword (and maybe Michael? Can't see him sitting things out)
Marcone's organization
500+ Einherjaren mercenaries
Svartalf warriors and gear
White Court Raith family members and local resources
Paranet resources
Summer Fae (primarily communications)
Winter Fae (maybe the troops Molly mentioned, if Mab doesn't override her)
Local Ways locked down (Ferro/Vadderung)
Four Senior Wizards (one of which is injured already)
Four Wardens (one of which isn't much of a combatant)
Compliment of White Council Wardens (en route)
River Shoulders and his people

Likely/Possible to join Team Chicago
Erlking and some goblins
Wild Hunt
Special Investigations/Police

Team Soggy Bottom
Ethniu
Fomor royals and troops
Turtlenecks

Likely/Possible to Join Team Soggy Bottom
LaChaise Clan ghouls
Black Council
Outsider troops
White Court traitors? (Skavis/Malvora rebels)
Black Court

We can cross out the white council reinforcements. They always arrive late. All they can do is to wash the floor, so I suspect we won't be seeing Luccio in battleground.

I got a strong feeling that Mavra will be making an appearance and it is likely that Ebenezar will be facing Mavra head to head.

Analysing the top combat power of both sides:

Ethniu from the soggy bottom team has no counterpart. No equivalent power to restraint her. So I suspect Harry , the KoTC, Murphy and co will the the one to handle her. Only the plot armor and the protagonist Halo has a chance under such a overwhelming disadvantage. May the Almighty help them.

Either Mab herself or the Leanansidhe will be on the Chicago team side which is balance by King Cord on the other team. She already prepared in the case she is needed at 2 places at the same time. This time her preparation pay off.

Farofax is out of the game. He said it himself, a dragon cannot fight without destroying the city of Chicago in the process. Vadderung could probably play, though I suspect someone in team soggy bottom will restrain him as well.

EB v.s Mavra.

LTW, Martha and Christos will probably end up facing Cowl and the black council. Well, assuming Chistos is not black council himself.

Leaving Molly, Ramirez and the rest of Marcone and Monac's forces against the fomorian army.

I doubt the mortal police will play any role, except for some character like Rudolph and his partner. What his name again?

If Ivy take the field, team Chicago may have the advantage. But Ivy is neutral so she probably won't shoot. Well unless the Denarians come out to play, in which case Ivy has a reason to take action. Ivy and the Denarians has a score to settle.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 06:54:24 AM by huangjimmy108 »
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 08:52:03 AM »
Harry versus Mavra. I want to see how Harry uses necromancy against the black court.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 09:04:10 AM »
Firstly, can I state I love that the Fomor are Team Soggy Bottom.

Secondly, unless Michael gets a new leg - he's out. And he injured the other leg just in Skin Game. More likely, the incumbent knight of the cross will be hinted at or revealed. Or perhaps another Murphy (that is, a temporary).

I am not so sure the White Council won't show up. But what about the Grey? I think at least a few members are there. Perhaps more will follow (excluding those fighting elsewhere....*cough* Rashid *cough*)

I also am not so sure Summer will join. In fact, I suspect she might even be on the other team. There's a WOJ about how Titania is heavy-duty and won't really show up properly until the BAT. I think that's no accident.

Also, Mab and Lea will be at the Gates. Literally what she is called away to do right after Ethniu's appearance. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Tywin Lannister and Show Up at the darkest hour.

The Archive is neutral...but that doesn't mean she won't be involved. But I have no idea what capacity. She can clearly fight if she wishes. Perhaps she will mobilize some Venators or Umbrorum or both. Perhaps she will just do communication and research. Maybe nothing at all.

I wonder if the "BPRD" group will show up too. But on whose side is anyone's guess. And the National Guard will eventually turn up.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
Marcone will try to mobilise his normal foot soldiers and Murphy will try to mobilise SI/CPD. It is appealing to think of them fighting side by side.

Lara might be able to get the Governor of Illinois to send out the National Guard, to back up CPD.

Mac- there is a good chance the Titan is his wife and he might be able to get to her when others can’t.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »

I with those who said Jim should have left it one book..

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 11:23:27 AM »
Marcone will try to mobilise his normal foot soldiers and Murphy will try to mobilise SI/CPD. It is appealing to think of them fighting side by side.

Lara might be able to get the Governor of Illinois to send out the National Guard, to back up CPD.

Mac- there is a good chance the Titan is his wife and he might be able to get to her when others can’t.
Getting the mortal authorities involved in big numbers will stop any chances to keep the supernatural world under cover. So unless everything goes to hell anyway I do not expect the national guard will be involved.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 11:26:08 AM »

I with those who said Jim should have left it one book..
That would avoid the unfinished feeling I have now but then the publisher would probably put pressure to keep it shorter and we would have missed some material. Now he probably added some things.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 12:24:11 PM »
Getting the mortal authorities involved in big numbers will stop any chances to keep the supernatural world under cover. So unless everything goes to hell anyway I do not expect the national guard will be involved.
I was wondering, what if the good guys made Chicago disappear for a night?  I think it was mentioned in the books they another city had gone missing for a little bit, and it had been because of the Sidhe or something. Maybe they would try that again to prevent external (satellite) evidence of the events?  They don't have to worry about local evidence with all electronics wiped out.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 12:42:44 PM »
That would avoid the unfinished feeling I have now but then the publisher would probably put pressure to keep it shorter and we would have missed some material. Now he probably added some things.

There was very little to no "padding" of the chapters to be sure, actually I doubt Jim was planning two books in the first place.   It feels unfinished, I hope in the end it doesn't come off as merely a plan to make more money by dividing it into two books.  I'm not saying that is what happened, but instead of more material being added I feel too much has been left out in this book.   

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 01:54:50 PM »
  There was very little to no "padding" of the chapters to be sure, actually I doubt Jim was planning two books in the first place.   It feels unfinished, I hope in the end it doesn't come off as merely a plan to make more money by dividing it into two books.  I'm not saying that is what happened, but instead of more material being added I feel too much has been left out in this book.
Here comes Jim's own explanation. He could not make it work in one book and keep the price below 50 dollar or something like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9am4XyYz4
SH[Elaine+++]