Author Topic: Peace Talks Spoilers DFRPG: possible rules for the *** circle in Peace Talks  (Read 1335 times)

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Peace Talks has a flaming ward circle, with we are told (i) massively increases the power of the spells cast in it, (ii) is highly erratic, and (iii) is considered close to Law Breaking by the Wardens.

My thought on how to rule this:
- while using the circle, the Wizard has Sponsored Magic[Fire]. If this drops his refresh below zero: tough, he's an NPC* until the circle is destroyed. However, the magic is correspondingly more powerful.
To reflect the erratic nature, I'd also say that each Circle is slightly different, granting a slightly different 'flavour' of Fire Magic. So initially the wizard isn't going to know what the circle is going to do. Of course, he could just maintain the Circle permanently - in which case he has Sponsored Magic[Fire] all the time, and there is no deed for the magic to be erratic.

*"Fire pretty, Tree Bad" as a new personality type would explain why the Wardens stomp on this.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:57:59 AM by whitelaughter »
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Nah, it's just the declarations "Circle of Power", "Energy Source", "Fire to Magic" and "Unstable Power" giving a +8 to the spell complexity.

As for why the Wardens dislike it, it's because of munchkins. Technically, "Circle of Power", "Big Circle of Power", "Bigger Circle of Power", "Biggest Circle of Power" are all different aspects you can declare, and you could do similar repetition for the other three aspects of the circle... which leads to giant forest fire circles miles in diameter just to get that extra 'juice'.