Author Topic: chicago Mage school?  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Moore

• Lurker
    • View Profile
chicago Mage school?
« on: September 29, 2020, 10:28:19 PM »
In Battle Ground I got the impression that Dresden no longer is following the other mages. Is this mean he is opening up a mage school so that all children including his daughter can go to, to get training?

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: chicago Mage school?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 11:55:13 PM »
There already is a supernatural school in Chicago for his daughter to attend.

See: Job Placement, Microfiction #4. https://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/side-jobs/microfiction-job-placement

Also the Bigfoot shorts.

I'd imagine Harry will open up the Castle to be more of a community center for those who are Supernatural or Supercurious. Mouse for community outreach. Michael or Will for self-defense lessons. Basic classes (pamphlets? a web site?) on thresholds and circles and how to know when it's time to call in a wizard.

The question is whether the supernatural community will be open to such outreach. He's getting a darker and darker reputation.

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 12:14:24 AM »
I would love it if Dresden did this but if he did it would be a direct challenge to the white council of wizards and it would mean war.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 08:14:33 PM »
I would love it if Dresden did this but if he did it would be a direct challenge to the white council of wizards and it would mean war.
I don't think Harry much cares. Harry's not going into hiding. They said they're coming for him if he doesn't stop living openly as a wizard.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 08:17:04 PM »
I don't think Harry much cares. Harry's not going into hiding. They said they're coming for him if he doesn't stop living openly as a wizard.

Yeah, essentially he told Carlos to put his restrictions were the sun don't shine, or where the monkey put the nuts...

Offline Eleyctra

• Posty McPostington
  • A humble artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »
I'd imagine Harry will open up the Castle to be more of a community center for those who are Supernatural or Supercurious. Mouse for community outreach. Michael or Will for self-defense lessons. Basic classes (pamphlets? a web site?) on thresholds and circles and how to know when it's time to call in a wizard.

Turning his home into a business would weaken his threshold, and that's bad with the knowledge of the upcoming events. Everyone who visits would have to be considered guests by Harry, and be there overseeing the invites all the time and observing guest-right too.
He has enough on his plate.

If anything, he could support another location to do this....maybe his old office building location, if Marcone doesn't already own it.
The written word stands between memory & oblivion.Without books as our anchors,we're cast adrift,neither teaching nor learning.They're windows on the past,mirrors on the present,& prisms reflecting possible futures.Books are lighthouses erected in the dark sea of time.
Jeffery Robbins-Gargoyles S2E4