Author Topic: Can a person with free will cross a magic circle without breaking it?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline KlausGerken

• Participant
    • View Profile
Can a person with free will cross a magic circle without breaking it?

Can a person with free will throw objects into a magic circle without breaking it?
Breaking it by moving an object into an circle seems to be very easy.

If so, where in the books does it say so? Obviously I can design a circle in a way that makes it "survive" throwing stuff in:

(click to show/hide)

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Can a person with free will cross a magic circle without breaking it?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 06:25:20 AM »
Good questions, but also:

Can a mundane put a magic circle around their techie toys to protect them from visiting wizards?
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 12:47:44 PM »
Can a person with free will cross a magic circle without breaking it?

Can a person with free will throw objects into a magic circle without breaking it?
Breaking it by moving an object into an circle seems to be very easy.

If so, where in the books does it say so? Obviously I can design a circle in a way that makes it "survive" throwing stuff in:

(click to show/hide)

Yes.

I don't remember any of the books...it's been so long.  But AFAIK, anyone with free will can just move across a circle.

I'm not sure if it will break it unless you physically try.  I'm trying to remember the scene in the Mall where the fog is putting everyone to sleep and Harry and Murphy are in the circle.  I remember them trying to be careful not to cross the circle...but that might be as much to make sure they didn't get affected by the magic as it was to break the circle.

Good questions, but also:

Can a mundane put a magic circle around their techie toys to protect them from visiting wizards?
Yes.  Sure, why not?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 02:10:40 PM »
It is shown in Cold Days that people can cross a circle without being killed by it  ;D
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]