Author Topic: Peace Talks - Continuity Notes [Spoilers]  (Read 28443 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks - Continuity Notes [Spoilers]
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2020, 05:48:16 AM »
The Notre Dame continuity error, we all assume it is referring to the Cathedral and the recent devastating fire. What if it isn’t?

There is only the reference to Notre Dame, but it isn’t the only Notre Dame, there is the University at South Bend Indiana, whose main building and library were devastated by a then famous fire in 1879. The recent Cathedral Fire resulted in a substantial donation to the restoration fund by the University and quite a few news stories linked the two fires. It is not unlikely that Jim came across these news articles. The pre- fire main building matches the brief description Jim gives of Raith Manor much better than the Cathedral.

Indiana is of course next to Illinois but why Harry is knowledgeable about the architectural history of a Catholic  university in a neighbouring state is any ones guess, unless St Mary’s got him interested in the subject of catholic religious architecture in the lakes region of which both are noteworthy examples.

On this basis there is no continuity error on Jim’s part, but worse he may have been deliberately vague to troll his readership on this point. If so he succeeded.

Offline pettygrew

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2020, 10:58:56 PM »
I'm new to the forum.

When did Thomas learn that Dresden wasn't dead?  I don't remember reading anywhere that Thomas was told Dresden wasn't dead.

Offline JumpyDragon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2020, 12:45:53 AM »
I'm new to the forum.

When did Thomas learn that Dresden wasn't dead?  I don't remember reading anywhere that Thomas was told Dresden wasn't dead.

Thomas found out the hard way in Cold Days that Harry wasn't dead. He attacked Harry in the Water Beatle not realizing who it was. If i remember correctly, the only person that we know who knew Harry was alive was Molly.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2020, 01:00:00 AM »
I like that. I wish Shecky or another Beta reader read this thread.

The beta readers might be under a confidentiality agreement about which continuity errors are deliberate and which are garden-variety slipups anyway. The deliberate ones are clues to something, and a list of which is which would be too revealing.

Offline magical_liopleurodon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2020, 08:43:15 AM »
The beta readers might be under a confidentiality agreement about which continuity errors are deliberate and which are garden-variety slipups anyway. The deliberate ones are clues to something, and a list of which is which would be too revealing.

maybe https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfiles/comments/i3cx8q/episode_113_peace_talks_dissection_part_1/g221ren

Offline pettygrew

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2020, 02:19:44 AM »
Thomas found out the hard way in Cold Days that Harry wasn't dead. He attacked Harry in the Water Beatle not realizing who it was. If i remember correctly, the only person that we know who knew Harry was alive was Molly.

Thanks.  That does sound familiar.  I will check it out.  Yes, Molly was the only one who knew. 

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2020, 12:38:18 AM »
Here’s my beta comment on Tunguska

**Hmmmmm… 2 things off about this.  First, unless Michael’s slaying of
Siriothax occurred outside the mortal world, there’s been a more recent
dragon slaying than one that would have happened at Tunguska.  Second,
Ebenezer claimed Tunguska as one of the “necessary things he did” in