Author Topic: Art book and Dresden Files companion volume  (Read 1573 times)

Offline ludomaniac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Art book and Dresden Files companion volume
« on: July 14, 2020, 06:45:32 PM »
Hello all. I resume posting after a years-long absence. Today's release of Peace Talks brought me out of the Never-Never.

I have long thought that it was time for this series to get its own art book. The art in the "Dresden Drops" shows the sheer variety and amount of visual art that exists. I would personally buy the hell out of a big coffee-table "Art of the Dresden Files" book.

This could also be a good time for a companion volume and series guide. I know that the Our World book for the Dresden Files RPG sort of does that, but of necessity it is focused on being part of a role-playing game. I'm thinking of a more general interest book, like "The World of Ice and Fire" for the ASoiaF books. That book is written as an in-universe document just as the DFRPG was. That could be a good narrative approach.  On the other hand, it may be too soon for a companion volume with the series being unfinished.

Thoughts? Also, I haven't been on this forum in a long time, so apologies if this has already been discussed to death.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis