Author Topic: NOT FAIR!!!!!!  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
NOT FAIR!!!!!!
« on: July 14, 2020, 05:27:17 PM »

Just got a notice from Amazon, "delay in shipping sorry for the inconvenience!"  CRAP!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: NOT FAIR!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 05:35:31 PM »

Just got a notice from Amazon, "delay in shipping sorry for the inconvenience!"  CRAP!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
(click to show/hide)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 05:46:47 PM »
Well you know hat that means

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Already knew that...  However there is still another book to go through so don't bake the wedding cake yet, she could still die.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 05:59:13 PM »

Well, at least they are basically going to give me the book for free... ::) Great, but it may be sometime this week before it is shipped?   >:(  I'm Going up to Barns and Noble and find a quiet corner.. ::)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 06:45:49 PM »
Got the ebook. Downloaded it when I woke up at night.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 06:54:05 PM »
Already knew that...  However there is still another book to go through so don't bake the wedding cake yet, she could still die.
And miss all the fun that wedding will bring? Which monster to invite? Which monster Harry can not not invite? Really, you don’t want to miss the wedding!

Don’t forget winter politics :)
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »
Harry planning a wedding? He will lose interest after they have settled on the buffet selection, though he does have a suitable suit now, he won’t have to rent a tux and automatically lose the deposit.

To add insult to injury Mira I AM ON MY SECOND RE-THROUGH.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 07:49:36 PM »

Harry planning a wedding? He will lose interest after they have settled on the buffet selection, though he does have a suitable suit now, he won’t have to rent a tux and automatically lose the deposit.

To add insult to injury Mira I AM ON MY SECOND RE-THROUGH.

:(  Well, I did run up to Barns and Noble, they don't have the comfie chairs now that the virus is here so I found a quiet corner with a table to stand and skimmed....  Honestly too much going on to get much satisfaction trying to read it that way.  I did get the highlights, but no context...  I was surprised it was as short as it was.   I agree with whoever said if he didn't know a second book was  coming along in two months he'd be pissed because it seems all set up.  I agree, that was my first impression, but that isn't worth much until I really do get the book and carefully read it. 

And Arjan?  Don't get too happy yet, there is another three or four hundred pages to go, and so far Eb, Thomas, and Murphy are still all alive, money is still on one or more of them dying...  Christmas Eve takes place after Battle Ground..

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 09:13:17 PM »

:(  Well, I did run up to Barns and Noble, they don't have the comfie chairs now that the virus is here so I found a quiet corner with a table to stand and skimmed....  Honestly too much going on to get much satisfaction trying to read it that way.  I did get the highlights, but no context...  I was surprised it was as short as it was.   I agree with whoever said if he didn't know a second book was  coming along in two months he'd be pissed because it seems all set up.  I agree, that was my first impression, but that isn't worth much until I really do get the book and carefully read it. 

And Arjan?  Don't get too happy yet, there is another three or four hundred pages to go, and so far Eb, Thomas, and Murphy are still all alive, money is still on one or more of them dying...  Christmas Eve takes place after Battle Ground..
I think none of them will die this book and especially not Thomas. He is safely locked up and there is still a lot of story left for him. There must be a woj somewhere that his memories of their mother will come up at some time.

I do think that Ebenezer will survive this book but he is damaged. His anger issues make him vulnerable and that is not good.

And Karrin? I think Jim wants to make Karrin work as a charcter. He is not finished with her.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 09:33:20 PM »
I think none of them will die this book and especially not Thomas. He is safely locked up and there is still a lot of story left for him. There must be a woj somewhere that his memories of their mother will come up at some time.

I do think that Ebenezer will survive this book but he is damaged. His anger issues make him vulnerable and that is not good.

And Karrin? I think Jim wants to make Karrin work as a charcter. He is not finished with her.

We shall see...  Me fears the next book is going to throw us for a loop.. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:33:56 AM by Mira »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 09:45:33 PM »
We shall see...  Me fears the next book is going to throw up for a loop..
Locking up a titan? I do not think Jim can resist that. There will be fallout but he will succeed.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 10:00:10 PM »
Locking up a titan? I do not think Jim can resist that. There will be fallout but he will succeed.

Well, we shall see.. It is one thing I predicted, if he cannot succeed, then it's Darkhallow..   However
given how the Christmas Eve story went, it will be messy and not in a good way..  Harry was still weeping over it.

I feel like I want to weep! :(  Have had a couple of hard days, worked real hard to get everything done so I could sit down and chill while the heat advisory raged outside and read...  It didn't happen.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:35:09 AM by Mira »

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 12:59:46 AM »
Yeah I didn't even bother with a hardcover this time.  Not worth the risk and I got the download at midnight.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 01:02:40 AM »
We ordered both books at the same time from Amazon.  Amazon is now saying Peace Talks will ship in October...

Anyone else have this problem?

"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC