Author Topic: Finding a legit seller of peace talks digital version  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Smooth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Finding a legit seller of peace talks digital version
« on: July 14, 2020, 05:06:07 PM »
Well, since i dont want to wait even an hour to start reading Peace Talks, i want to buy a digital version of The book (for instant delivery).
The downside is that i only seem to find that on Amazon, which, after hearing alot of stores of how they treat their employees, i dont want to "support".
Now i want to buy this, so my money actually goes mainly to Jim, but since i only find Amazon, i find it hard to succeed with my wishes.
So if anyone know some other company that sells a digital version, where most of the proceeds go to Jim, i would be very grateful..
I would hate to have to wait for a hard cover copy to actually get to me here in sweden.
Downloading it illegally, is not an option.
Thomas

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a legit seller of peace talks digital version
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:14:48 AM »
It looks like Barnes & Noble is selling it as a Nook book.  I'm not sure if you have a Nook, or if they ever did an app, but that could be an option?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 04:00:07 AM »
I buy it from apple because I have an iPad and it is easy but really all the big international companies are morally corrupt tax dodgers and I would not like to work in their factories in China either.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Kuriositys Kat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 09:40:39 AM »
I have the same issue living in Tasmania which is at the end of a very Looooooong supply chain.  So I bought the book twice. Once as ebook from Amazon and I pre ordered dead tree from my local bookstore as it is the LAST general bookstore in my city and I want to keep them in business. Up side I get to read it on my phone immediately and two I keep the collection going that I have from Storm Front on. Jim also gets paid twice. The same thing will happen when Battle Ground drops.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold.  Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Offline Fineous

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
Back in the dark ages when I worked for Borders, we had a partnership with Kobo, and you could download stuff from them direct. They also pioneered the E-Ink screens that the Kindle Paperwhite uses now. Dunno if they still exist, though.

Edit - Did a quick Google search. Yep they still exist, and yep they have Peace Talks.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:54:50 PM by Fineous »
Bad Ash:  See, you're GOOD Ash, and I'm BAD Ash.  You're a little goody two-shoes, little goody two-shoes, little goody. . .
*Click* *BOOM*
Good Ash: Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Smooth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 09:56:33 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys.
Ordered the book, and bought the digital version as well.