Author Topic: Chapter 5 Drop  (Read 24672 times)

Offline knightedbishop

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 5 Drop
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2020, 03:54:54 AM »
I still maintain Marcone is not the one pulling Rudolph’s strings. Marcone is an honorable crime baron. He gave his word when he took the weregild to leave the heist gang alone. Also- Murphy was in the hospital when actual heist went down. She didn’t leave any finger prints anywhere in the bank. She wasn’t there.

I don’t think the Shroud is meant to heal Murphy. With these relics of Christianity intent seems to be a huge deal in their power. Wield a Sword for the right reason and it is a capital S Sword with the force of God Almighty behind it. Wield the Sword of Faith with the wrong intent and it is a sword of steel and nothing more. Murphy found that out the hard way. Harry has been thick headed about it, but has gotten smarter. I think he knows the Shroud isn’t for Murphy.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2020, 04:34:46 AM »
He could still ask Father Forthill or Michael about the Shroud.

But you are right, Murphy was not there and she was in the hospital so she has an alibi so...what is happening here? And now she is worse for the wear? Something has definitely changing.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2020, 05:41:29 AM »
The reds had a whole lot of saliva addicted and recently infected and other hangers on. They also had dealings with the Fomor, they were allies at the end of changes. They probably just took over. Rudolph is working for the fomor now.

You can set up a similar logic for the black council. They only had to know who the corrupt agents were to take over.

Alternatively Rudolph was always a black council tool and they just assisted the red court as they did on several occasions. Or the Fomor.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2020, 01:01:42 PM »
I still maintain Marcone is not the one pulling Rudolph’s strings. Marcone is an honorable crime baron. He gave his word when he took the weregild to leave the heist gang alone. Also- Murphy was in the hospital when actual heist went down. She didn’t leave any finger prints anywhere in the bank. She wasn’t there.

Just double checked, Harvey was killed before Murphy got injured and went to the hospital.  Marcone is involved in some way, we have the trailer, possibly he is being black mailed as well.

Offline Arctos

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2020, 01:40:55 PM »
No, I believe he turned that over to the Church.
Nah, at the end of Skin Game Michael asks him if he ever considered turning the artifacts over to the church, and Harry's response is "All things considered?  Nope", I looked back and apparently he's got them in the deep tunnels of demonsreach.

As to whether or not that's how it's meant to be used, I dunno.  But I'd personally think God would smile upon a person using one of His artifacts to heal someone they love.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
Nah, at the end of Skin Game Michael asks him if he ever considered turning the artifacts over to the church, and Harry's response is "All things considered?  Nope", I looked back and apparently he's got them in the deep tunnels of demonsreach.
And Michael agreed so now Amorachius is there too now.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bacail

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2020, 03:21:29 PM »
Doesn't Harry have the real Shroud right now, squirreled away somewhere?  Wasn't healing one of its supposed powers, back when we first met Nic?

Now I'm wondering if wrapping Murphy up in it is the funeral Butcher mentioned writing.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the shroud is meant to heal Nemesis infection, not physical healing

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2020, 04:13:49 PM »
@Bacail: Oh, that's cool. Yeah that'd be fun to see.
@knightedbishop: So who's blackmailing Marcone then?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2020, 07:03:56 PM »

The Shroud was turned over at the end of Death Masks.  The other artifacts except for the Grail are safe in the tunnels of Demonreach.

Offline jsavoy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2020, 07:12:14 PM »
That was the fake shroud that was turned over in Death Masks.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »
That was the fake shroud that was turned over in Death Masks.

No, it was the real Shroud.  Harry allowed Marcone to try and heal the young woman with it, but it didn't.  Harry gave him three days to try because three days after He died, Christ was resurrected, that is when Harry also said that he didn't "think it worked like that." Then he instructed him to send it to St Mary's in care of Father Forthill, which apparently Marcone did. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2020, 08:09:29 PM »
No, it was the real Shroud.  Harry allowed Marcone to try and heal the young woman with it, but it didn't.  Harry gave him three days to try because three days after He died, Christ was resurrected, that is when Harry also said that he didn't "think it worked like that." Then he instructed him to send it to St Mary's in care of Father Forthill, which apparently Marcone did.
According to Harry in Skin Game the one in death masks was false but still had power because so many people believing in it.

“Hey, is that the Shroud?”
“This one looks older and shabbier than the one you stole from the Church,” I said, rolling up the old cloth and stuffing it into my duster’s pocket. It was thin stuff, terribly thin, and made a smaller bundle than you’d think. “Hell, maybe that investigative panel was right. Maybe the Church does have a knockoff.”
“But I thought that one had power?” she asked.
“It did, but not like this.” My fingers still tingled from touching the cloth. “Besides, we’re talking about the power of faith, here,” I said.
“Enough people believe that the fake is really the Shroud, maybe that’s enough to make it powerful all by itself.”
“Seems like a cheat.”
“Don’t knock it,” I said.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2020, 08:48:32 PM »
According to Harry in Skin Game the one in death masks was false but still had power because so many people believing in it.

Which is odd because in Death Masks if I remember correctly supposedly stollen was a fake, Harry knew about it, but the one the Marcone turned over supposedly was real.   Thanks for the quote, now I remember, it has been a rough afternoon.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:28:45 PM by Mira »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2020, 11:52:47 PM »
Since SG I am wondering why Harry did not lend Marcone the true Shroud to do the same than he did with the fake one.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2020, 12:16:20 AM »
Since SG I am wondering why Harry did not lend Marcone the true Shroud to do the same than he did with the fake one.
They are not friends. They use each other.
SH[Elaine+++]