Author Topic: My Tin Hat Has Cooked My Brain... So Here is One for You,Rashid  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
   Harry is six foot nine, Thomas might be six feet or so, but not that tall.  Eb maybe around six feet or so, Malcolm isn't described if remember correctly is also about that height.  Margaret is described I believe as tall, but not out of the ordinary.  The only other wizard described as really tall, is Rashid at seven feet or more in height.  Who is the wizard who has managed to pull Harry's chestnuts out of the fire more often than any of the other wizards, including Eb?  Rashid..  Odd don't you think?  What if Rashid is really Harry's dad?  Yeah, I know, but it is hot and I think my tin hat over heated my brain... ::)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 02:14:48 AM by Mira »

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: My Tin Hat Has Cooked My Brain... So Here is One for You.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 09:31:07 PM »
   Harry is six foot nine, Thomas might be six feet or so, but not that tall.  Eb maybe around six feet or so, Malcolm isn't described if remember correctly is also about that height.  Margaret is described I believe as tall, but not out of the ordinary.  The only other wizard described as really tall, is Rashid at seven feet or more in height.  Who is the wizard who has managed to pull Harry's chestnuts out of the fire more often than any of the other wizards, including Eb?  Rashid..  Odd don't you think?  What if Rashid is really Harry's dad?  Yeah, I know, but it is hot and I think my tin hat over heated my brain... ::)

This sounds a bit excessive.

Plus we know Rashid is like, way old, having taking out Alhazred.

He's clearly Eb's dad, harry's great-granddad come to see if Eb is messing up this descendant too.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 02:21:30 AM »
This sounds a bit excessive.

Plus we know Rashid is like, way old, having taking out Alhazred.

He's clearly Eb's dad, harry's great-granddad come to see if Eb is messing up this descendant too.

That is possible, but it is interesting that the only two recurring characters where their great height is repeatedly mentioned is Harry and Rashid. 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 11:07:16 AM »
I always assumed, Harry resembled bis father very much. Wasn't this mentioned somewhere? He got his heighth from Malcolm's line of family. McCoy got a pretty fresh description in Peace Talks chapter 3
(click to show/hide)
So, what if Rashid is Malcolm's father? Isn't there a WOJ, that Malcolm was a normal human? This could still be the case, if he was a wizard's son, who has never got any magic.
I don:'t think Rashid is Eb's father.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 02:13:03 PM »
I always assumed, Harry resembled bis father very much. Wasn't this mentioned somewhere? He got his heighth from Malcolm's line of family. McCoy got a pretty fresh description in Peace Talks chapter 3
(click to show/hide)
So, what if Rashid is Malcolm's father? Isn't there a WOJ, that Malcolm was a normal human? This could still be the case, if he was a wizard's son, who has never got any magic.
I don:'t think Rashid is Eb's father.

As I said, it is totally tin hat, but now that the summer heat is here and COVID stay at home isolation, my cooked brain decided to just throw it out there.  Oh here is another little fun fact that
says maybe it isn't so crazy a theory..  Margaret and Rashid worked together a lot in and around the Winter Court, they traveled the Ways, they got together and compared notes.. Who knows?  They may have had a one night stand, and it only takes once..  Yes, I remember reading Margaret saying Harry is like his father, but not say Malcolm.  Maybe wizards are like the hero in "The Expanse," who was the product of multiple fathers?

Offline SpacedCowboy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 02:48:19 PM »
Well, Malcolm thinks that Harry is his, he calls him “son” a few times. It’s certainly possible Maggie didn’t tell him about an affair, but that seems a little harsh on someone whose main quality is that he’s “a good man”.

I guess it’s also possible she boinked Rashid just before meeting Malcolm, and the entire point (from Maggie’s perspective) was to hide Harry away in the non-wizard community, so as soon as she knows she’s pregnant she finds someone normal... I’m not sure how long Malcolm and Maggie were together before Harry’s birth, but it was long enough to get married; this hypothesis also seems a little harsh on Malcolm.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 02:50:01 PM »
@Mira:
To be honest. This isn't quite as crazy as I would want it to sound. ;D
This is by far not the most crazy theory I've read here. LOL
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:54:47 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 03:36:47 PM »
@Mira:
To be honest. This isn't quite as crazy as I would want it to sound. ;D
This is by far not the most crazy theory I've read here. LOL
Maybe your tin hat is cooking your brain too? ;)

Well, Malcolm thinks that Harry is his, he calls him “son” a few times. It’s certainly possible Maggie didn’t tell him about an affair, but that seems a little harsh on someone whose main quality is that he’s “a good man”.

Margaret may not have told him because she didn't want to hurt him.  Or while Rashid donated the sperm, Malcolm provided the nurture which would make him the father.  Harry is a star child, one isn't made every day and it takes special elements.   We know or have a good idea that the Winter Court was in on it, hence Lea was named his god mother.  We know Malcolm's goodness also has a lot to do with it, that nurturing aspect might be more important than we think.  Consider a child born with that much power or that special could easily turn into a megalomaniac unless carefully nutured.
Malcolm critically provided that if only for a short time.  Maybe that was the motive behind killing him?  His nurturing was that critical in making the final product.  Rashid helps to guard the Gates, he works with the Winter Court, he'd donate the sperm to give the child the extra oomph or power to do what he needs to do.

I guess it’s also possible she boinked Rashid just before meeting Malcolm, and the entire point (from Maggie’s perspective) was to hide Harry away in the non-wizard community, so as soon as she knows she’s pregnant she finds someone normal... I’m not sure how long Malcolm and Maggie were together before Harry’s birth, but it was long enough to get married; this hypothesis also seems a little harsh on Malcolm.

Yup, hiding Harry in plain sight..  It wouldn't be harsh if Malcolm went along with it.  Also just because Harry would then be his adoptive son instead of his body, it doesn't make him less his son.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:53:15 PM by Mira »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 05:18:06 PM »
... This is by far not the most crazy theory I've read here. LOL

Indeed!  It's positively a silk-top-hat theory, compared to the tin foil most of us post with!   ;)

I rather like Rashid for Harry's other grandfather, though (Malcom's dad)... or even a generation further back (there's FOUR great-grandfathers)...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: My Tin Hat Has Cooked My Brain... So Here is One for You,Rashid
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 08:23:02 PM »
I doubt they're related and would much prefer one of the alternate theories that place him somewhere else in Harry's family tree if they are related. I do think Jim has said he's done with secret family members after having done it 3 times. 4 if you count Bonea.

Now to my favorite tin hat theory totally ignoring the maybe remembered WoJ: Odin is another tall wizard who is definitely OG Merlin's father/grandfather who Ebeneezer, and therefore Harry, is descended from.

Offline spiritofair

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »
I doubt Rashid could be Harry's dad without Harry having darker skin, which has never been mentioned in the books.

If Malcolm is only 6-3 to 6-4, with Margaret being tall, Harry could easily have turned out 6-9. That is the situation with my sister's family. She is 5'10", he is 6'3", and their boy is already 6'6" and not done growing.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 05:49:08 PM »
I doubt Rashid could be Harry's dad without Harry having darker skin, which has never been mentioned in the books.

If Malcolm is only 6-3 to 6-4, with Margaret being tall, Harry could easily have turned out 6-9. That is the situation with my sister's family. She is 5'10", he is 6'3", and their boy is already 6'6" and not done growing.
Mine as well, however it is still odd that the two wizards where their height is always brought up, is Harry and Rashid.  As far as Harry's complexion goes, we don't know how dark Rashid's skin tone is.  I get the impression that Harry's complexion is olive, if Margaret was fair a mix with Rashid could produce that.

Offline spiritofair

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 08:16:46 PM »
Mine as well, however it is still odd that the two wizards where their height is always brought up, is Harry and Rashid.  As far as Harry's complexion goes, we don't know how dark Rashid's skin tone is.  I get the impression that Harry's complexion is olive, if Margaret was fair a mix with Rashid could produce that.

Where did you get the impression Harry's complexion is olive? I don't remember ever reading that. I've always had the impression Harry was pretty pale skinned, but maybe my impression is skewed by the book covers and television show.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 03:10:23 PM »
Where did you get the impression Harry's complexion is olive? I don't remember ever reading that. I've always had the impression Harry was pretty pale skinned, but maybe my impression is skewed by the book covers and television show.

Dark hair I guess, one can have a pale skin and still be olive complected I think.  He isn't peaches and cream to be sure.  Yeah, in these COVID times I recently rewatched the television series, wow..I got introduced to the Dresden Files though the television show, loved it and went on to the books.  But now?  I found it a bit shocking on how much the show differed from the books.  The one thing I continue to love about the old television series is Bob.

Offline Eleyctra

• Posty McPostington
  • A humble artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 10:59:23 PM »
Can't be his dad, as Harry got a genuine spirit visit from Malcolm in Book 7 while unconscious after being hurt, and in Christmas Day short story where Santa/Vadderung gave Harry his dad's coffee gift by some implied powers-that-be.

Further back in the line would make more sense.
The written word stands between memory & oblivion.Without books as our anchors,we're cast adrift,neither teaching nor learning.They're windows on the past,mirrors on the present,& prisms reflecting possible futures.Books are lighthouses erected in the dark sea of time.
Jeffery Robbins-Gargoyles S2E4